• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Am I the only one who's glad Bale clapped the ref?

The guy is one of the most shocking referees I've ever seen and clearly has a massive anti-Spurs agenda. Someone needs to point it out to him, and I don't think the ball bag faced cvnt can hear me screaming at my tv.
So you'd have been equally happy if he'd got himself sent off. :eek:

The guy is one of the most shocking referees I've ever seen and clearly has a massive anti-Spurs agenda. Someone needs to point it out to him, and I don't think the ball bag faced cvnt can hear me screaming at my tv.

No, I am glad that he clapped the ref. Foy's performance at Stoke last year was one of the worse referring performances that I have ever seen.

As for the recent allegations made against Bale, I am going to make a case for his defence:

1. Aston Villa (H) - Bale genuinely believes that Guzan is going to make contact with him and takes evasive action. No foul, no appeal, game carries on.
2. Liverpool (H) - From my seat in the Paxton Road, Bale is running directly towards me when Agger clips him. Foul, free kick to Spurs.
3. Fulham (A) - Sidwell obstructs Bale. Foul, free kick to Spurs.
4. Charlie Adam - 3 previous offences to take into consideration, enough said.
5. If you run at speed and you get clipped, you will fall over. I am sure that there is a physics equation that proves this?

The fact of the matter is that all of this anti-Bale bulls**t will inevitably play a part in influencing him to leave these shores. It will be a sad day indeed for Spurs and the Premier League when Bale does eventually leave.

i just heard Tony Gale on sky re bales dive..

Wow what a fudgein **** huh. Dear oh Dear what a dive? what the fudge? Acting like Bale wasnt even challenged

No, I am glad that he clapped the ref. Foy's performance at Stoke last year was one of the worse referring performances that I have ever seen.

As for the recent allegations made against Bale, I am going to make a case for his defence:

1. Aston Villa (H) - Bale genuinely believes that Guzan is going to make contact with him and takes evasive action. No foul, no appeal, game carries on.
2. Liverpool (H) - From my seat in the Paxton Road, Bale is running directly towards me when Agger clips him. Foul, free kick to Spurs.
5. If you run at speed and you get clipped, you will fall over. I am sure that there is a physics equation that proves this?

The fact of the matter is that all of this anti-Bale bulls**t will inevitably play a part in influencing him to leave these shores. It will be a sad day indeed for Spurs and the Premier League when Bale does eventually leave.

Its the thing that's wrong with football in the UK. The rough blood and guts side of the game is glorified whilst individual skill and technical brilliance is looked down on. How many times at sunday/saturday league were we told to "break that flash git" or if you were that flash git you were told to keep it simple instead. Whilst a crunching tackle was glorified even if it meant hurting the other player. Its why the likes of Parker are glorified because he works hard and sticks a foot it, whilst Bale is vilified due to theatrics being a small part of his amazing game. Spurs fans continuously getting on his back will be a major factor in him leaving.

Kamara is educating referees as we speak

He speaks sense comically though

Its time a new rule was brought in, Refs clearly cannot judge whether it was or not a dive, therefore I suggest that instead of producing a yellow which if not guilty cannot be recinded, when a referee believes a player has dived he needs to go on report, rugby style for a referee panel to look at to give a yellow at a later point.

Its absolutely ridiculous we could have a player banned for a game because of referees not upto the challenge of spotting a dive or not.

Its time a new rule was brought in, Refs clearly cannot judge whether it was or not a dive, therefore I suggest that instead of producing a yellow which if not guilty cannot be recinded, when a referee believes a player has dived he needs to go on report, rugby style for a referee panel to look at to give a yellow at a later point.

Its absolutely ridiculous we could have a player banned for a game because of referees not upto the challenge of spotting a dive or not.

Change the penalty to a 3 match ban and I think you're on to something.

Add to that he is tall which means he has a high centre of gravity and therefore more likely to fall when clipped at speed. In Foy's defence apart from the bale error, I thought he had quite a good game by his low standards. A few crunching tackles from Sandro and shoulder barges went in and he let the game flow mostly.

Its the thing that's wrong with football in the UK. The rough blood and guts side of the game is glorified whilst individual skill and technical brilliance is looked down on. How many times at sunday/saturday league were we told to "break that flash git" or if you were that flash git you were told to keep it simple instead. Whilst a crunching tackle was glorified even if it meant hurting the other player. Its why the likes of Parker are glorified because he works hard and sticks a foot it, whilst Bale is vilified due to theatrics being a small part of his amazing game. Spurs fans continuously getting on his back will be a major factor in him leaving.

Nothing to do with him wanting to play for one of the biggest teams in the world then? So should we just condone his diving then? Ok then, so the next time someone dives against us and wins a penalty, we have no right at all to complain about it, fair enough?

[/B]

Nothing to do with him wanting to play for one of the biggest teams in the world then? So should we just condone his diving then? Ok then, so the next time someone dives against us and wins a penalty, we have no right at all to complain about it, fair enough?

Jurgen he clearly did not dive today. Today on goals on sunday or whatever its called both Ginola and Kamara etc were stating how Bale was clearly not diving but merely evading the tackle

By all means, talk to the ref, ask the captain to have a word, but don't clap him for fudge sake. People who do that deserve a yellow card. It's for AVB to highlight Foy's inept performances in the media.

The Spurs boss does not think Bale is diving and is merely taking evasive action to avoid injury, although he can understand how officials may get decisions wrong.

"Gareth is so fast so it is very difficult to judge situations," said Villas-Boas.

"He has suffered big, big injuries to his ankles before and sometimes he wants to protect himself a little bit.

"He might put his body in situations that the referee thinks that he is diving and he is suffering for it in these last two games.

"He is now very near suspension for two unfair yellow cards and I think you gain a reputation for being a diver unfairly sometimes.

"This player has suffered a lot in his career. It's a little bit harsh on him."

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/8302835/Tottenham-boss-Andre-Villas-Boas-defends-Gareth-Bale-against-diving-accusations

Jurgen he clearly did not dive today. Today on goals on sunday or whatever its called both Ginola and Kamara etc were stating how Bale was clearly not diving but merely evading the tackle

Look, he was fouled, I'm not even arguing that, but why does he need to throw his arms in the air on the way to the ground? Just go down naturally. A similar thing happened when we played United this season. Nani was fouled in the box, but his overreaction cost him a penalty, Fergie even said the same thing after the game. Also, there are ways to avoid getting clattered without falling to the floor, not saying this applies to yeserday, but maybe jump over the tackle?

Look, he was fouled, I'm not even arguing that, but why does he need to throw his arms in the air on the way to the ground? Just go down naturally. A similar thing happened when we played United this season. Nani was fouled in the box, but his overreaction cost him a penalty, Fergie even said the same thing after the game. Also, there are ways to avoid getting clattered without falling to the floor, not saying this applies to yeserday, but maybe jump over the tackle?

When you get tripped people do try to break their fall by spreading their arms. Also his running style means his arms are in the air anyways. It may be theatrical I dont know im not Bale and cant say for certain.

Yeah he does jump over tackle but more often than not youre jumping at pace so youre not gonna maintain your balance and Bale is funning at such speed he is never going to maintain his balance

He doesnt have four legs like a horse where he can maintain his balance after hurdling.

Why does Charlie Adam's name get thrown into the discussion whenever Bale dives? I can't stand the guy either, but was he involved in the incident yesterday? I agree that the more skillful players do need protecting. On the whole, the game is cleaner than it was 10 or 20 years ago. Bale wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes playing against Souness or Ron Chopper Harris. Of course they are always going to be times when the dirty players get away with bad tackles, but we can all see fouls that are given as bookings that shouldn't be so it works both ways.

Some of our fans are as bad as Liverpool fans and Arsenal fans who defend Suarez, Gerrard, Henry and Pires.

Who condems him? Most people on here and at WHL seem to do nothing but make excuses for him.

When you get tripped people do try to break their fall by spreading their arms. Also his running style means his arms are in the air anyways. It may be theatrical I dont know im not Bale and cant say for certain.

Yeah he does jump over tackle but more often than not youre jumping at pace so youre not gonna maintain your balance and Bale is funning at such speed he is never going to maintain his balance

He doesnt have four legs like a horse where he can maintain his balance after hurdling.

Do you honestly think that if Bale played for Arsenal or any other club that Spurs fans would he doesn't dive?

Back