• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I know its as good as done, but (Kevin Keegan here) I would love it, I would love it if the deal fell through.

Tottenham Hotspur coach Andre Villas-Boas has said that he expects to see Gareth Bale in training on Tuesday unless a deal is agreed with Real Madrid.

The Welshman was not present at White Hart Lane as his team maintained their 100% start to the Premier League campaign thanks to Roberto Soldado's second-half penalty.

"We allowed him two days off," Villas-Boas told reporters. "It's not the first time this has come up. We never force non-selected players to come to our games. I decided that last season.

"There is interest from Real Madrid. Whether the transfer will happen or not, hopefully you will have more news in the next couple of days but at the moment there is nothing I can tell you.

"Tomorrow is a day off. Tuesday is training so I would expect him to be there."

Bale is currently in Marbella.

Tottenham Hotspur coach Andre Villas-Boas has said that he expects to see Gareth Bale in training on Tuesday unless a deal is agreed with Real Madrid.

The Welshman was not present at White Hart Lane as his team maintained their 100% start to the Premier League campaign thanks to Roberto Soldado's second-half penalty.

"We allowed him two days off," Villas-Boas told reporters. "It's not the first time this has come up. We never force non-selected players to come to our games. I decided that last season.

"There is interest from Real Madrid. Whether the transfer will happen or not, hopefully you will have more news in the next couple of days but at the moment there is nothing I can tell you.

"Tomorrow is a day off. Tuesday is training so I would expect him to be there."

Bale is currently in Marbella.

Do footballers get time and a half and a day off in lieu if they work on a bank holiday?

The whole thing has been presented as though Madrid are simply entitled to sign him because they want to.

yeah very frustrating was Alan Smith painting Madrid as being a victim of us messing them about.

Nothing on the disgraceful tactics by Madrid to get him.....tosspot!!!! Hate Alan Smith & his drawling voice.

EXCLUSIVE: Transfer record smashed as Real Madrid land Bale with £86MILLION swoop as Tottenham finally let him go

Gareth Bale is free to join Real Madrid after Tottenham agreed a world record £86million deal with the Spanish giants on Sunday night.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy signed off the staggering move for the PFA Player of the Year following talks with directors in the boardroom at White Hart Lane. Bale’s transfer to Real beats the previous world record of £80m which Real paid to Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009.

Levy returned from talks in Madrid with Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett and Tottenham director of football Franco Baldini to watch his club’s 1-0 victory over Swansea City after agreeing the deal. It is understood that the decision to travel to Madrid to meet Perez — who is known to revel in these situations — was part of a tactic designed to get the highest possible price.

It means Real could splash out around 10 per cent less than the agreed £86m — but only if they are ahead of schedule with payments.

Levy, along with Barnett and Baldini, thrashed out terms with Perez last week. The last act will be played out when Levy and Perez sign a final formal document, but that is seen as a formality.

Real, who play Granada in La Liga this evening, plan to officially unveil Bale in a grand ceremony at the Bernabeu on Tuesday.

The deal has also been complicated by a series of bank guarantees demanded by Levy during the lengthy negotiations.

Bale originally told the Spurs chairman he wanted to leave during a tense meeting at the Barclays Asia Trophy at the end of last month.

By then the Spurs winger was aware Real were determined to buy him this summer after losing out to Barcelona for Brazilian wonderkid Neymar. That prompted weeks of negotiations which have finally been concluded.

Spurs had hoped to bring in left back Fabio Coentrao as part of the package, but the Real defender doesn’t want to leave Spain.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2401904/Real-Madrid-smash-transfer-record-finally-land-85m-Bale.html

How many times has this deal been done now?

That kind of sports journalism, is just a more eloquent version of most ITKs. Except they get paid for it. Both are guessing, putting 1+1 and fabricating any old ****. No wonder news papers are on their way out.

I'd rather he left on the 2nd Sept 10:59pm.

if they don't pay what we want fuk it.. He is on the bench next game.

Consdering the shiite that has gone on that DM outcome will be the most disappointing I have read.

yeah very frustrating was Alan Smith painting Madrid as being a victim of us messing them about.

Nothing on the disgraceful tactics by Madrid to get him.....tosspot!!!! Hate Alan Smith & his drawling voice.

I'd expect nothing better from Smith. May he suffer many sore throats and colds this season around the time of Spurs games on Sky.

In the Telegraph as well:

Gareth Bale finally seals £86m move from Tottenham Hotspur to Real Madrid

Tottenham Hotspur have finally agreed the world-record €100 million (£86  million) transfer of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid. An official announcement is due to be made as early as Tuesday.

Significantly, the agreement involves a straight cash deal with no players coming from Real to Spurs as had been earlier discussed when inquiries were made about striker Álvaro Morata and left-back Fábio Coentrão.

Bale is in Malaga, at a villa believed to be owned by another of his representatives, David Manasseh, who works for the Stellar Group which is headed by Barnett. The 24-year old flew into Spain on Saturday, on a private jet, and spent Sunday behind the walls of the gated complex awaiting the green light on the deal. The luxury complex was being staked out yesterday by the expectant Spanish media.

He will travel to Madrid for a formal medical and to sign what is expected to be a six-year contract, believed to be worth £8.5 million a year before tax, and could also be unveiled at the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium on Tuesday. A stage has already been erected on the eastern side of the 85,000-seat stadium alongside the directors box.

Real play away to Granada on Monday night and are home to Athletic Bilbao next Sunday in what is now expected to be Bale’s debut appearance.

The fee beats the £80 million record that Cristiano Ronaldo set when he moved from Manchester United to Real Madrid in 2009 although it falls short of the €120 million (£103 million) that Spurs were at one time quoting to let Bale go.

Pérez responded by suggesting that €100 million was “a lot” for Bale but Spurs knew he was desperate to sign the player – and was under pressure to do so – despite having written to them this year saying an offer would not be made for now. Real have left the No 11 shirt vacant – and the Bale shirt has already apparently gone on sale in the club shop.

Spurs, however, have driven a hard bargain in terms of the payment having flatly rejected Real’s terms to cover the fee over the six-year duration of the contract. Instead Spurs have insisted that there are just three staged payments – and have also offered Real the carrot of receiving a significant discount on the total fee if they meet those payments early. Such an offer is not unusual and is a tactic that has been used before by Levy.

Conversely should Real be slow in paying up they will be hit by punitive clauses in the transfer which would lead to an increase in the overall fee.

Spurs have also played hardball in securing bank guarantees from Real over the payment having earlier expressed concerns as to whether the Spanish giants could fund the deal.

There will be relief at Spurs that the deal is going through in advance of the Sept 2 deadline when the transfer window closes. It had been expected that Spurs would delay releasing Bale until they had secured replacements but there was always a will not to let this one go down to the wire.

Having missed out on Willian, after the Brazilian attacking midfielder opted to move to Chelsea for £30 million – with Chelsea also have reached an agreement in principle to also take striker Samuel Eto’o from the Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala – Spurs are hopeful that they will sign Argentinian international winger Erik Lamela from Roma for around £26 million.

It is hoped that Spurs will add another forward player, with Zenit St Petersburg’s Hulk a possibility if a fee closer to £30 million can be agreed – although that remains a problem – and have also reached agreement to acquire the 23-year-old Romanian international central defender Vlad Chiriches from Steaua Bucharest for around £8 million.

Spurs were determined that they would not allow the Bale transfer to go to deadline day. The Wales international is believed to often stay in Malaga when he is allowed time off but his flight on Saturday followed the agreement being reached.

At one time Levy had been determined to hold on to Bale this summer and had told Spurs’ head coach Andre Villas-Boas that he would not be sold. However that was in anticipation of a Real offer of around £60 million.

Having offered a world-record fee, and with the significant game-changer that Bale himself pleaded for a move and indicated he was determined to leave, it then became an issue of agreeing the details.

Having initially negotiated solely on a cash price Spurs decided that they want to explore the possibility of taking players from Real. The club reasoned that a pile of money in the bank was no good to them if they were going to weaken their squad. However these talks broke down after Real’s valuation on their players – also including winger Ángel di Maria – was deemed too high.

Spurs then set about ensuring their secured players they wanted such as Roberto Soldado, Nacer Chadli, Étienne Capoue and, hopefully, Lamela, Chiriches and one other – to add to Paulinho.

Spurs and furious that they missed out on Willian with the Brazilian having already undergone a medical after the club believed they had agreed terms.

foto-curiosa-pierna-muslo-cristiano-ronaldo.jpg

Exactly. It's not the size of the muscles but the veins (and acne problems) that are the tell. That pic of Kaboul's legs don't have anywhere close to the same vascularity as Cronaldo.

Yeah what a liberty. £86 mill after we agreed £93 mill.

I say sell him to the other club offering £93 mill.

I say keep him, especially considering that Chelsea will apparently just pinch anybody we approach to replace him, but hey, I`m probably in the minority. I`m also probably in the minority who believes that whether it`s one club or a whole gaggle of clubs bidding for one of our players, we shouldn`t let ourselves be pushed around and talked down to.

I'm starting to think him going would be best. We could do without a whole season of more media ******** if he is "forced" to stay by evil Levy.

There's going to be a lot of pressure on him to perform, whether he stays or goes. Don't need that kind of circus surrounding the team. A team that is becoming a really good unit. It will give other players more room to shine and we'll actually be better to watch when our game plan isn't simply 'pass it to Bale'.

I'm starting to think him going would be best. We could do without a whole season of more media ******** if he is "forced" to stay by evil Levy.

There's going to be a lot of pressure on him to perform, whether he stays or goes. Don't need that kind of circus surrounding the team. A team that is becoming a really good unit. It will give other players more room to shine and we'll actually be better to watch when our game plan isn't simply 'pass it to Bale'.

Would that be the case, though? Unlike the Modric situation in 2011 (where every single tabloid seemed to be full of indigenously-manufactured endless `Cruel Levy` stories), this time most of the British media seems to merely be regurgitating what Marca, Jonathan Barnett and AS spew out, nothing more. The Guardian even ran a piece by Daniel Taylor a few days ago comparing Baines`quiet professionalism in the face of a potential United transfer with the seemingly dubious acts committed by Rooney, Suarez, and, according to Taylor, Gareth Bale himself to force a move, particularly focusing on the underhanded roles of their less-than-holy agents. There seems to be a general mood in the media that the actions of ourselves, United and Liverpool are more to do with stopping the tide of `player power`than cruelly denying players their dream moves.

I don`t know why they stick to that angle on the Suarez and Rooney stories, but I think the reason the media haven`t gone all in on the Bale story is because he`s moving abroad, away from the bastion of excellence that they believe the Premier League embodies. They`d rather another instance of `cruel Levy`than see a British golden boy leave. So, if Bale stays, I don`t think the media here will run with that Levy angle. Indeed, they might even compliment us a couple of times for standing up to those foreign bullies. Sure, AS, Marca and all the retired players and managers who are now seemingly Bale`s most ardent champions will spew out a wave of bile, but the mainstream media probably won`t. Heaven help us if a British club (namely City, United or Chelsea) shows interest in him, though. Then it`d be hell.

As for the second bit, I don`t really agree. I`d like to think that most of us accept that his head`s been turned, and that if he does end up staying he won`t reach anything like the level of performances he consistently hovered at last season. So there won`t be much expectation on him. And as for the `team` bit, I don`t see why keeping Bale and playing as a team are mutually incompatible. He`s a beast of player, but he`s still one man in a team that now contains players that are a step up from the ones he played with last season. For Parker, read Capoue. For Defoe and Ade, read Soldado. For Siggy, read Chadli. With that kind of talent, we won`t have to rely on Bale as much as we did last season. Therefore, our game won`t be geared around feeding him all the time, a move which will undoubtedly help our team play. And if Bale does get a bit big-headed about that....well, I`d still take a half-motivated Bale over most fully-motivated players.

Would that be the case, though? Unlike the Modric situation in 2011 (where every single tabloid seemed to be full of indigenously-manufactured endless `Cruel Levy` stories), this time most of the British media seems to merely be regurgitating what Marca, Jonathan Barnett and AS spew out, nothing more. The Guardian even ran a piece by Daniel Taylor a few days ago comparing Baines`quiet professionalism in the face of a potential United transfer with the seemingly dubious acts committed by Rooney, Suarez, and, according to Taylor, Gareth Bale himself to force a move, particularly focusing on the underhanded roles of their less-than-holy agents. There seems to be a general mood in the media that the actions of ourselves, United and Liverpool are more to do with stopping the tide of `player power`than cruelly denying players their dream moves.

I don`t know why they stick to that angle on the Suarez and Rooney stories, but I think the reason the media haven`t gone all in on the Bale story is because he`s moving abroad, away from the bastion of excellence that they believe the Premier League embodies. They`d rather another instance of `cruel Levy`than see a British golden boy leave. So, if Bale stays, I don`t think the media here will run with that Levy angle. Indeed, they might even compliment us a couple of times for standing up to those foreign bullies. Sure, AS, Marca and all the retired players and managers who are now seemingly Bale`s most ardent champions will spew out a wave of bile, but the mainstream media probably won`t. Heaven help us if a British club (namely City, United or Chelsea) shows interest in him, though. Then it`d be hell.

As for the second bit, I don`t really agree. I`d like to think that most of us accept that his head`s been turned, and that if he does end up staying he won`t reach anything like the level of performances he consistently hovered at last season. So there won`t be much expectation on him. And as for the `team` bit, I don`t see why keeping Bale and playing as a team are mutually incompatible. He`s a beast of player, but he`s still one man in a team that now contains players that are a step up from the ones he played with last season. For Parker, read Capoue. For Defoe and Ade, read Soldado. For Siggy, read Chadli. With that kind of talent, we won`t have to rely on Bale as much as we did last season. Therefore, our game won`t be geared around feeding him all the time, a move which will undoubtedly help our team play. And if Bale does get a bit big-headed about that....well, I`d still take a half-motivated Bale over most fully-motivated players.

They are not going to leave this alone considering how hard most of the press have been trying to force this sale all summer. We will be seen as robbing him of his dream and the world of his talents because he doesn't get to play in Real's 10-12 CL games and 2 El Classicos. Every other game they play is pretty much ****.

He's been declared World Class and will have to live up to that now, not to mention keeping Real interested so he can get his move next summer. No way will the flames be allowed to go out on this fire.

The pressure won't be from the fans, not that much anyway, it's the media spotlight. We were mockingly seen as a one-man team last season, this year it would definitely be Bale + 10 other guys from everyone non-Spurs.

Back