• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

is that photoshop? or just varicose veins :)
i thought all top footballers in top fifa leagues and competitions undergo drug tests?

is that photoshop? or just varicose veins :)
i thought all top footballers in top fifa leagues and competitions undergo drug tests?

It is alleged there was evidence of doping in Spanish football uncovered in the Eufemiano Fuentes case but it was never investigated. Spanish authorities refused to cooperate fully with doping agencies on grounds that handing over samples and other evidence goes against their strict privacy laws.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_in_association_football#Spain

In the course of investigating Operation Puerto, a doping bust primarily focused on cycling, extensive documentation was found of "seasonal preparation plans" for Real Madrid and FC Barcelona that include notation suggesting doping practices. The football players were never pursued in the investigation, leading to claims of double standards between sports.

Last edited:

All Daniel has to do is switch his phone off for a week and Bale will stay for us. It seems all the stories going around now are exactly the same as the last 2 months and I'm yet to read anything concrete that confirms that Levy is happy to sanction the departure.

If I state that it is going to snow tomorrow and say it every day for the next 6 months I will eventually be right.

All Daniel has to do is switch his phone off for a week and Bale will stay for us. It seems all the stories going around now are exactly the same as the last 2 months and I'm yet to read anything concrete that confirms that Levy is happy to sanction the departure.

If I state that it is going to snow tomorrow and say it every day for the next 6 months I will eventually be right.

Really getting boring now, isn't it. Shame there are enough people to fall for the daily "exclusive" Bale stories for the newspapers to keep presenting unsubstantiated rumours as fact. A quick Google news search shows that we have agreed a price for Bale numerous times:

1. august: £105 million
20. august: £93 million
22. august: £85 million
26. august: £86 million and £97 million

Breaking news: Sky Sources understands Tottenham are considering offers for Gareth Bale from more than one club and insist they have yet to agree a deal with Real Madrid.

Breaking news: Sky Sources understands Tottenham are considering offers for Gareth Bale from more than one club and insist they have yet to agree a deal with Real Madrid.

We all know he's going but if it was to PSG or Monaco instead of Madrid, it would be hilarious. The stage built at the stadium and selling Bale shirts officially and then that happens would be the biggest F U to Real in their history.

This is such a ploy for Sky to pull in some extra money on Sky Bet. They shouldn't be allowed to act as a responsible broadcaster then release tripe stories that influence their betting market.

We all know he's going but if it was to PSG or Monaco instead of Madrid, it would be hilarious. The stage built at the stadium and selling Bale shirts officially and then that happens would be the biggest F U to Real in their history.

We could sell at a lower price and it would still be worth it. Tell Perez to cough up the full 100 million or be made a fool. Presidential election coming up at Real, isn't there?

Hahaha that's quality. Whether its true or not its still class. Real Madrid must be getting sick to death of it.

What teams could it potentially be; PSG, Monco? The Italians couldn't stump up that cash could they?

Hahaha that's quality. Whether its true or not its still class. Real Madrid must be getting sick to death of it.

What teams could it potentially be; PSG, Monco? The Italians couldn't stump up that cash could they?

Easy, pay what we want and they can sign him

Brilliant.....there are almost certainly no other teams in for Bale and as commented Sky using the speculation to generate money through Sky Bet.

However, with only a week of the TW left now everyone is so bored of the RM deal the only way to generate interest is to create a new story that he is either staying or going elsewhere.

First rule of the media: 'Never let the truth get in the way of a good story'.

So.. Who to believe... Sky sources or the Daily Mail article written be head of sports journalism Neil Ashton. If Neil Ashton is incorrect and has done what all ITKs do and summarise a situation to how they think it will pan out then he is going to get a load of abuse from Tottenham fans.

https://mobile.twitter.com/neilashton_p

article-2239716-11DCEB4A000005DC-958_196x258.jpg

Exactly. It's not the size of the muscles but the veins (and acne problems) that are the tell. That pic of Kaboul's legs don't have anywhere close to the same vascularity as Cronaldo.

Wasn't it (real) Ronaldo whose agent speculated that it was the steroids his clubs had given him over the years that were the cause of his injuries and weight gain.

The amount of testing in Premier League football and the sheer amount of people involved with the club's that see everything means that any doping would have to be on a player by player basis imo as there's no way clubs could buy designer steroids in bulk without someone letting the cat out of the bag.

Charles poliquin has said before that compared to the US and Olympic sports, training (and cheating) in football is generally decades behind, but Spanish football certainly seems to produce a large amount of gifted athletes.

Ronaldo is definitely suspicious - to put on that amount of muscle in such a short amount of time while running as much as he does is tough but doable, but as you say, with the veins and acne on show like that it's hard to believe it's natural.

Really getting boring now, isn't it. Shame there are enough people to fall for the daily "exclusive" Bale stories for the newspapers to keep presenting unsubstantiated rumours as fact. A quick Google news search shows that we have agreed a price for Bale numerous times:

1. august: £105 million
20. august: £93 million
22. august: £85 million
26. august: £86 million and £97 million

The £86m is also the original number conjured up by Marca when the story first broke. It's a nice round number in euros. The rest is just speculation and it seems the press have little extra. Bale has said nothing so it's not really clear if all his agitating behind the scenes is made up or not.

Personally I think as soon as the world record fee was seriously proposed, Levy would have decided to sell, which explains Bale's silence. Until we have the new stadium and regular CL football, we have to accept that players like Bale are beyond our means. We could have fought to hold on to him for another year, when the amount on offer would probably be less (seriously, what can we do if the offer is £60m and the player is agitating to move), or take the money (while Perez was playing politics with a world record deal) and give our new manager a chance to build the team he wants.

I don`t know why they stick to that angle on the Suarez and Rooney stories, but I think the reason the media haven`t gone all in on the Bale story is because he`s moving abroad, away from the bastion of excellence that they believe the Premier League embodies. They`d rather another instance of `cruel Levy`than see a British golden boy leave. So, if Bale stays, I don`t think the media here will run with that Levy angle. Indeed, they might even compliment us a couple of times for standing up to those foreign bullies. Sure, AS, Marca and all the retired players and managers who are now seemingly Bale`s most ardent champions will spew out a wave of bile, but the mainstream media probably won`t. Heaven help us if a British club (namely City, United or Chelsea) shows interest in him, though. Then it`d be hell.

Agree with this bit totally. Standing up to evil foreigners is one thing, but defying the media darlings would be cruel and unusual punishment. You only had to see the sycophantic display at the Mourinho press conference. Teenage girls at a Justin Beiber concert show more decorum.

Curbishley on SSN has zero clue

Just said he cant believe Spurs let Bale go to Madrid and have his medical, what in Marbella hahahahah what a helmet, no wonder he hasnt got a job in football

Back