• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

That's true, although if we did sell, we'd be under pressure to find a top quality replacement between now and the end of August and that would inevitably lead clubs to hike the price further still.

Then thats just the nature of the window where generally clubs are not willing to get rid of players, they never intended to sell, late on in the window. The price wouldnt hike because we sold Bale and want a replacement but because the selling club suffers from the late loss of the player.

Hence

Levy really should tell RM to pay up or shut up and with each passing week an extra 5m is added to the 80-100m Levy has in his mind.

Life isn't that bad these days being a Spurs fan, definitely a hell of an improvement on what it was like 10 years ago. Still a bit depressing every time we look like we've got a real star player in the making that someone comes along with 2-5 years and takes them. It will be Lloris soon, then eventually Sandro and Vertonghen. Which means were left with the players that the real top clubs in Europe don't want.

I don't care if I get slated for saying this, but I wouldn't say no to some rich sugar daddy buying us. More for the sake of being able to throw silly money at OUR players to STAY rather than just being everything that moves. As much as I value doing things the right way, I'd like us to keep our best players and start seriously challenging for honours. I guess my attitude started to change when Chelsea won the CL. Not that I'm advocating that we start behaving like them though just to be clear.

wait, you have to be clear on this.....AVB and Bale have been in the same hotel in Hong Kong for the last week. Who has kept AVB and Bale apart during this time? what has stopped AVB from talking to his player?

Behave! The manager/coach has a pre-season to run! He cannot be expected to wait around until he can get in to beg Bale! And Barnet! He's got a thousand other things to do, like make sure the squad who's there to play, trains and plays!

more from the wooden cnut Zidane......

Speaking in Los Angeles where Real are on pre-season duty, he said: 'It is not unusual when a player knows that Real Madrid are interested in them that they get excited.

There is nothing more prestigious for a player to wear the white of Real Madrid.

'If he has expressed a desire to join Madrid then Tottenham should give him permission to speak with us. The chance to play for Real Madrid might only come around once in a player's lifetime - and it is understandable that Gareth doesn't want to miss out on it.'

He added: 'This is modern football - you have to pay to get the best players in Europe. Last season Gareth was on the same level as Ronaldo and Messi. The best players can have not so great games - but change a game with a moment of brilliance. Those are the sort of players that win you Champions League's and League titles.

'He is already one of the finest player in Europe and he has everything needed to become the best player in the world. It is a bit of a cliche - but it is true you become a better player playing with better players.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ale-ask-transfer-Tottenham.html#ixzz2aY05SYCB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

He should know the dirty, bald tap-up ****. Materrazi is my hero!

By the way, the bolded part of the quote will make official what Madrid have been telling Bale and Barnett for the last two weeks...

Wished I knew how to photoshop, how do I make up a SkyNews headline with Walcnuts picture BREAKING NEWS: Nobody, I repeat NOBODY has made a bid for world footballing sensation Theo Walcott... I need to go fishing on twitter, these tw*ts actually comparing them AGAIN zzzzzzzz

Maybe we can insist on having Di Maria on loan for the season. He won't agree to a permanent deal imo but he would probably agree to a loan (can see Madrid putting pressure on him to accept too).

GHod at times we're thick as fudging pig brick. They had Higuain and Callejon a few weeks back...couldn't we have made it known to them then that if we accept a deal it would have to include 1 or 2 of them?

Maybe we can insist on having Di Maria on loan for the season. He won't agree to a permanent deal imo but he would probably agree to a loan (can see Madrid putting pressure on him to accept too).

GHod at times we're thick as fudging pig brick. They had Higuain and Callejon a few weeks back...couldn't we have made it known to them then that if we accept a deal it would have to include 1 or 2 of them?

Yep. Higuain would have been a nice sweetener. But there's no guaranteeing any of their players would be willing to join us.

They still have Ronaldo mate

Just sayin ;)

IMO we should stand our ground and say no deal.

If they want to do a deal then the cost is..

£120m + Alvaro Morata or Jese Rodriguez

or

£100m + Alvaro Morata & Jese Rodriguez, and they get first refusal buy back on them both.

EDIT - And they have to take Adebayor of our hands too.

Last edited:

The promotional cover pic of Bale on the official club Facebook page has been removed and replaced with Verts.

People starting to think it's the dreaded sign.

I think this one from Marca is my personal favourite...

Their far fetched stories make me laugh a lot and they make Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull seem like reality tv..

Daniel Levy is angry and does not want to sell Gareth Bale to Real Madrid. The Tottenham chairman considers it humiliating that 'los Blancos' are making a move for Bale just a year after they signed Modric. He has told Madrid’s board members that his club is not Real’s youth academy and that they will have to pay €145m (£125m) if they want to sign Bale.

It is more than just a question of money. What the Tottenham chairman wants is to make a point. He wants to take his anger out on Real Madrid by demanding a transfer fee which 'los Blancos' see as unaffordable.

The first ever three-figure transfer fee: that is what Levy wants. Neither Bale’s pleas nor Madrid’s big-money offers can make him play ball. He is angry and will not listen to reason.

So Madrid and Tottenham are left trying to agree a fee which satisfies the demands of the Spurs chairman, without it going beyond what Real Madrid considers affordable. Meanwhile, an unhappy Bale does not want to have to pull on a Tottenham shirt again.

Bale landed in London on Monday, but he does not want to spend even one more day training or playing with Villas-Boas’ team. The Spurs squad returns to training tomorrow and there it will be seen if Bale will back down or not.

If the bid goes up to 100m would people be annoyed if we accept?

It's a head spinning amount of money and Bale isn't worth anything close to it IMO, but I don't want Madrid to get their way.

Also, will we actually get the money? They still owe us for Modric according to some newspaper reports and posters on GG.

Last edited:
Back