• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

"He has everything needed to become the best player in the world"

Better than Ronaldo and Messi?

I personally don't think so but like, Ronaldo and Messi, he can win a game single handed .

He will of course be compared to Ronaldo and Messi and the pressure on Bale to succeed at Madrid as a world record signing will be immense. Barca's signing of Neymar, at what could well be less than half the price will also draw comparisons.

I'm not saying this as a Spurs fan ( honest :) ) . But I genuinely believe, purely for football reasons never mind family ones , it would be better for him to bide his time for another season at least .

What was that poll, Modric got voted top for ?

I personally don't think so but like, Ronaldo and Messi, he can win a game single handed .

He will of course be compared to Ronaldo and Messi and the pressure on Bale to succeed at Madrid as a world record signing will be immense. Barca's signing of Neymar, at what could well be less than half the price will also draw comparisons.

I'm not saying this as a Spurs fan ( honest :) ) . But I genuinely believe, purely for football reasons never mind family ones , it would be better for him to bide his time for another season at least .

If I was him, and I really wanted to play for Madrid then I would go now. A year is long, and who knows what might happen.

I suppose his baby will have played a huge part if he ends up staying.

Griezmann possibly? you watched Sociedad a lot iirc

I was actually talking to my brother earlier that if we was to sell Bale, I'd sign one of Lamela or Griezmann. But I did hear on here that we cant sign anyone from Roma due to a clause in Baldini contract or something, no idea how true that is but yeah Griezmann would be perfect, I really like the look of him when I've watched Sociedad.

Not wrong about Berbatov, but it's hard to replace a striker like that. Not saying he was more important than Bale to our team but I do feel as a team we could improve more with a loss of Bale. We could look more balanced for example to a 4-3-3 which AVB would like to play, you'd have Chadli on the left, Lennon on the right and Soldado up front with Paulinho/Dembele and Siggy/Holtby in front of Sandro.

Plus with Bales money we could get a young striker to compete with Soldado, a creative wide man and perhaps a goalscoring wingforward too. It's a brick load of money and it'd do us more good than harm.

As much as I love Bale and would love him to stay, £85m is a lot of money, which IMO I don't think he is worth. He is not better than Ronaldo when he left Utd.

We have already made lots of great signings so with another £85m there are still a couple of world-class players we can buy. Maybe we are waiting for Bale to leave before we sign Bernard?

I agree with this post.....after being madrids chosen man last summer suddenly he only has a future at the club to babysit bale and help with his transition...I generally believe staying is best for him and his family...young baby...especially when you consider Madrid's form of de-railing players.

I just hope levy sets a deadline for any improved offers before our first game to minimise distraction...after a certain point no that's it no more offers he's ours for this season.

If I was him, and I really wanted to play for Madrid then I would go now. A year is long, and who knows what might happen.

Agree with you and as much as I hate to say it, with Zidane . If you're a footballer and Real Madrid want to sign you, I don't think you ask them to come back the following summer .

As much as I love Bale and would love him to stay, £85m is a lot of money, which IMO I don't think he is worth. He is not better than Ronaldo when he left Utd.

We have already made lots of great signings so with another £85m there are still a couple of world-class players we can buy. Maybe we are waiting for Bale to leave before we sign Bernard?

You have to look at it as in:

When Ronaldo left for £80m, how important was he to Man Utd and there future? They had very good players in the team and with Ferguson at the helm, you know that once you leave Man Utd your career is rarely ever the same.

Now you look at it with Bale and Spurs, how important is he to us and OUR future? Is Bale more important to us than Ronaldo was to Man Utd? I'd say he is. Is he worth £85m? fudge no. But neither was Ronaldo.

could be that if little Alba's first words are: 'gareth born to play for spurs' could push it in our favour.

If we sell Bale now every one of our transfer targets clubs will hike their price by 10m. Ideally if this deal was going to happen we'd have signed all of our players using the Bale money before this deal was announced.

If we sell Bale now every one of our transfer targets clubs will hike their price by 10m. Ideally if this deal was going to happen we'd have signed all of our players using the Bale money before this deal was announced.

Yeah, you'd hope we have deals sorted already before the sale of Bale. Every target will be more expensive. Saying that though, if they are worth it you just pay the price and get on with it. We'd have the money.

That's why I'd prefer Coentrao and di Maria as part of a deal(not that I want us to deal), not sure they'd be willing to come here though.

Just out of interest (and apologies if discussed earlier in the thread), what would people's reaction be to Di Maria and Coentrao + a significant portion of the money which had been mentioned in the press? I very much doubt Di Maria would be keen but hypothetically I'd be tempted to take that.

Just out of interest (and apologies if discussed earlier in the thread), what would people's reaction be to Di Maria and Coentrao + a significant portion of the money which had been mentioned in the press? I very much doubt Di Maria would be keen but hypothetically I'd be tempted to take that.

I would take that in a heartbeat. Bale is an incredible player but he's not much better than Di Maria and IMO BAE isn't good enough any more and Coentrao would be a massive improvement. Plus we could buy a world-class player with the extra money.

I agree with this post.....after being madrids chosen man last summer suddenly he only has a future at the club to babysit bale and help with his transition...I generally believe staying is best for him and his family...young baby...especially when you consider Madrid's form of de-railing players.

I just hope levy sets a deadline for any improved offers before our first game to minimise distraction...after a certain point no that's it no more offers he's ours for this season.

I think it's best he stays too but I cant blame the player for wanting to go . We've known we had something special on our hands for a few seasons now and yet we failed to surround him with a strike force to compliment his talents. I'm not saying had we won a couple of trophies and competed in the CL these past two seasons, Bale would not still want to leave for Madrid but I were hoping, that when the time did come for him to leave, he would at least be leaving with a Tottenham Hotspur winners medal of some sort.

We seem to be getting our act together under AVB & Baldini in terms of building a strong balanced squad and just as we are, Bale looks like he will go.

Well said Stuart!
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/329577/EXCLUSIVE-Spurs-will-win-the-league-if-Gareth-Bale-stays-says-ex-Tottenham-defender

Not neccessarily true. We have an aset worth 80m, clubs know we will eventually sell be it this year or next year. Clubs will have done their homework and know that we will be looking for a replacement in the near distant future. Clubs will accept instalments, so just because we may not be able to give them 30m cash THIS summer, we will be able to if scattered over a two or three year period, as in the duration of that period we will have sold Bale for around the 80m mark.

So I think regardless of whether we sell Bale now or in the next year or two - clubs will have done their homework.

Not neccessarily true. We have an aset worth 80m, clubs know we will eventually sell be it this year or next year. Clubs will have done their homework and know that we will be looking for a replacement in the near distant future. Clubs will accept instalments, so just because we may not be able to give them 30m cash THIS summer, we will be able to if scattered over a two or three year period, as in the duration of that period we will have sold Bale for around the 80m mark.

So I think regardless of whether we sell Bale now or in the next year or two - clubs will have done their homework.

That's true, although if we did sell, we'd be under pressure to find a top quality replacement between now and the end of August and that would inevitably lead clubs to hike the price further still.

You would think the English media would want an English club to keep their best players. I know it's partly to sell papers/ad space online, but they've always done it with our players. They always say why x player should leave Spurs and join United/Chelsea, and then they have the nerve to moan about the dominance of the top teams. When Liverpool were in the big 4, it was "can Spurs break into the the top 4", now Emirates Marketing Project have replaced Liverpool.

Back