• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

its not fantasy manager but if we were bold & nailed down Christian Eriksen, Isco, and some hungry quality strikers two of them and a decent cb then maybe that could convince him to stay.

I just dont think we are in a position of strength to bolster our team and convince him this is the place to stay.

Unfortunatly for Bale if he stays at the moment he will be playing with to many 'passengers'

Ive considered the reasons from his perspective for and against but the main one I come back to is this.....

'one bad tackle can end a players career....... will he honestly pass up the oportunity to play for the worlds biggest club?????

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-real-madrid-1917604

Most wanted: Real Madrid fans vote Gareth Bale IN, but Sergio Aguero loses deposit
28 May 2013 14:28

It's democracy in action - given a choice of attacking stars they'd like their club to buy, the Tottenham dazzler is No.1 by a landslide

The results from our Bernabeu jury are in... and it's Gareth Bale!

Real Madrid fans have voted overwhelmingly in favour of Tottenham ace Bale as their No.1 transfer target this summer.

Good news for Emirates Marketing Project supporters - the late great Sergio Aguero is probably not going to Real if the fans get their way.

Either that or the Bernabeu electorate had already read that the little Argentine has just signed a one-year contract extension at the Etihad.

In a poll run by Spanish sports media giant Marca.com, nearly 200,000 fans voted to pick their most-wanted player from suggestions in the categories of attack and midfield.

The Borussia Dortmund and Germany midfielder Ilkay Gundogan scooped the mid-park vote - he polled 58 per cent (114,002 votes) ahead of Juventus star Arturo Vidal (29.9 per cent) and Sevilla's Geoffrey Kondogbia (12.3 per cent).

In the attackers category Bale polled an astonishing 64.5 per cent (127,233 votes) ahead of Napoli's Edinson Cavani (12.6) and Emirates Marketing Project's Sergio Aguero (9.2).

Anyone who is anyone connected to Real Madrid appears to be randy for Gareth Bale these days - the people's vote comes hot on the heels of Galactico buttmeister Zinedine Zidane given the Welshman the old come hither.

Tottenham must hope that a wheelbarrow full of money can tempt Bale to stay in north London.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I too feel confident Bale will stay for at least one more year but the longer we go without the club announcing a contract extension the more I get the feeling this summer will be the summers of 2008 and 2011 x 1m ](*,)

I say this is because when Real Madrid want something they HAVE to have it, nothing else is good enough.

"Anyone who is anyone connected to Real Madrid appears to be randy for Gareth Bale these days - the people's vote comes hot on the heels of Galactico buttmeister Zinedine Zidane given the Welshman the old come hither."

:lol:

before i thought Bale will stay but i've changed my mind now. My opinion is that Madrid will get desperate and table an extraordinary offer (more then the 60m that's been reported) which will see Levy accept. I think come September 1st Gareth Bale will not be a Tottenham player.

I'll accept more than £65m so it won't bother me.

Still think he'll be here September 1st.

For me if we keep Bale, sell some squad players and have a £15m net spend this summer thus allowing AVB to spend £30m on new players without losing any important first team players I think we're almost certain to improve next season.

If we sell Bale we'll be looking at spending £70-80m I guess, that would mean a lot of new players bedding in again and it would mean that we would depend on some of our big name signings to make an immediate impact just to stay at the same level as last season. To improve we would depend on several of them doing well.

I don't think Bale's value will decrease significantly in a year. We might not get silly money if a club is willing to offer that this season, but he will still be a massively expensive player if someone wants to buy him next summer too.

I will be disappointed almost regardless of what we sell him for. I honestly feel that only a Ronaldo-esque offer would be worth listening to.

For me if we keep Bale, sell some squad players and have a £15m net spend this summer thus allowing AVB to spend £30m on new players without losing any important first team players I think we're almost certain to improve next season.

If we sell Bale we'll be looking at spending £70-80m I guess, that would mean a lot of new players bedding in again and it would mean that we would depend on some of our big name signings to make an immediate impact just to stay at the same level as last season. To improve we would depend on several of them doing well.

I don't think Bale's value will decrease significantly in a year. We might not get silly money if a club is willing to offer that this season, but he will still be a massively expensive player if someone wants to buy him next summer too.

I will be disappointed almost regardless of what we sell him for. I honestly feel that only a Ronaldo-esque offer would be worth listening to.

So youre assuming we would buy eight £10m players rather than say three top notch players? I would hate us buying replacing Bale with mediocre talent.

Put it this way it would give us a year to search for those top qualirty players and there should really be no excuses (apart from those players not wanting to come) if we didnt replace Bale and get some top quality players in and im not talking about Tom Ince.

So youre assuming we would buy eight £10m players rather than say three top notch players? I would hate us buying replacing Bale with mediocre talent.

Put it this way it would give us a year to search for those top qualirty players and there should really be no excuses (apart from those players not wanting to come) if we didnt replace Bale and get some top quality players in and im not talking about Tom Ince.

to be honest I reckon 70% ish of any bale money will be ploughed into the new stadium.

then with the rest we would try and bag ourselves a couple of gems.....

financially we would do better to sell to a rival in epl though I dont want this to happen we can demand more.

if Madrid put all their weight into getting Bale then its basically a shoe-in he will go unless we can get him/madrid to give us another ....pre agree a deal for next summer.

65m is about right...... unless we can nab higuain as part of the deal........though i would rather us sign players who want to wear the shirt.

As I said if we get him to stay beyond sep 1st it will be the biggest signing in our history....... spurs are at a high level but we are underneath the line which seperates the great clubs from the superpowers....

its horrid to admit but its true...... if he stays and we add two/three quality players then I will be excited for next season.

Either way it's a win-win. If he stay, amazing talent plays for us another season. If he leaves, will be disappointed but his fee will be more than enough to keep the squad competitive.
We truly are extremely lucky to have Bale. I wish him luck wherever he might play.

The more I think about it the more I feel CL this season will prove the deciding factor in keeping Bale. Is it fair for a player at Bale's level to have a 3 to 4 year absence from the top European competition? He doesn't appear to be a mercenary at all, he just wants to win and be the best he can which is admirable. I wish him well where ever he ends up.

good points and I admire Stefs stance on this.......

Its just Sep1st is a long way away....I dont expect him to go to a prem rival unless really silly money.

Yet I still think he will be going to madrid....ancellotti - ronaldo - the pull of playing for madrid.

so much pain as a spurs fan last few years and im expecting more....in terms of him leaving.

I would love for us to fight to keep him and add real quality to the squad to say look Gareth 'we mean business' I just dont believe it will happen......we never go silly with transfer fees/wages.

If Bale looks around what does he see? GK - more than good enough LB - Erratic RB - Erratic CB - other than verts maybe kaboul not title pushing quality - midfield - ok but need a creator - up front - simply nowwhere near good enough.

those are the challenges we face with our squad imo - im happy we are not dross like a few years ago but I would like us to be right up there challenging.

at barca you have players who are close to messi's level at madrid with Ronnie also.

At spurs Bale is so far away from our next best player its unbelievable.......

If we cant add MORE quality around him then he will go and I wouldnt blame him......

He loves Madrid and has, indeed, had a dream of being there since a kid...but he won't go this season. Aside from the factors already much-discussed (and to be clear, AVB is a massive factor - he HAS enjoyed working with him because, as we could all see, AVB did improve him as a player) I PERSONALLY believe that Ronaldo staying would be a major reason he would NOT go there yet.

I do think he will go there one day, just not right now. I do think that if he stays, this is the season we need to be in the CL or else he will go and we will agree to sell.

As for Madrid, I think they will buy Cavani personally...

Not assuming that at all.

If we keep Bale and sign two new first team players (a striker and a central midfielder for example) we can put out our team from this season if those two players take time settling in or aren't successful.

If we sell Bale we'll have to sign more players directly for the first team, an attacking midfielder to replace Bale and since we can't get someone in as good as him we'll probably have to buy another upgrade like a wide attacking player. Then we're up to 4 new players for the first team, and unlike the scenario where we keep Bale if the team doesn't settle quickly or players fail we can't just put out the team from this season knowing that it will function because we won't have our one star player from this season that we depended heavily on.

Even if we buy two £35m players to replace Bale we have no guarantee that they will be classy enough for us to successfully replace Bale, and we won't know if they will succeed straight away.

IF possible, I'd personally sell Bale for £65m and buy: Isco for £25m, Villa for £10m and a ball playing central midfielder and some depth with the other £30m. We'd probably look better on the eye to watch too.

If we sell Bale and we're still only looking at 70m to spend..well then i think our chairman is screwing us big time.

IF possible, I'd personally sell Bale for £65m and buy: Isco for £25m, Villa for £10m and a ball playing central midfielder and some depth with the other £30m. We'd probably look better on the eye to watch too.

Isco isn't coming here. No way in hell will he even consider it so there's no point dreaming.

For what's it worth, there was a discussion about Bale on Revista.

Balague said that Real are definitely keen on Bale and discussions have taken place between Real and Bale's team. He explained that Real were told that Bale won't push for a move, so Real will have to negotiate with Spurs. The figure discussed was 80 million - although I don't recall if that was Pounds or Euros.

For what's it worth, there was a discussion about Bale on Revista.

Balague said that Real are definitely keen on Bale and discussions have taken place between Real and Bale's team. He explained that Real were told that Bale won't push for a move, so Real will have to negotiate with Spurs. The figure discussed was 80 million - although I don't recall if that was Pounds or Euros.

I would presume Euros but dont know what the exchange rate is. If Bale signs a contract to extent it by another year then next year he will be worth as much if not more. Then again if he has a poor season next season - will his value remain the same? I think that could be the question Levy is asking himself.

Not assuming that at all.

If we keep Bale and sign two new first team players (a striker and a central midfielder for example) we can put out our team from this season if those two players take time settling in or aren't successful.

If we sell Bale we'll have to sign more players directly for the first team, an attacking midfielder to replace Bale and since we can't get someone in as good as him we'll probably have to buy another upgrade like a wide attacking player. Then we're up to 4 new players for the first team, and unlike the scenario where we keep Bale if the team doesn't settle quickly or players fail we can't just put out the team from this season knowing that it will function because we won't have our one star player from this season that we depended heavily on.

Even if we buy two £35m players to replace Bale we have no guarantee that they will be classy enough for us to successfully replace Bale, and we won't know if they will succeed straight away.

I guess I just have no faith in Levy I genuinely dont. Im not convinced he would give all the money to AVB and says WHOEVER you want we will get.

Back