• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Real Madrid can tinkle off with their bids. Bale's irreplaceable. If we sell him we're done for. If he's the 3rd best player in the world then buying £70m worth of players still wouldn't be enough to replace him. Where would we be right now without him? We really have to resist the temptation of big money as it's not going to benefit us. We have to build on what we've got, which requires investment, and hopefully next season we'll finish in the top 4 and go from there.

The last thing we should do is sell him on deadline day, because at that point it will be far too late to replace him. Obviously we should expect some huge bids at the end of August, but we have to really resist.

Unless Madrid wanna give us Ronaldo then we'll tell them where to stick their money.

If it was invested well then we'd still be competitive, perhaps we'd perform better as a team as at the moment the ball stops with Bale a lot.

If it was invested well then we'd still be competitive, perhaps we'd perform better as a team as at the moment the ball stops with Bale a lot.

Obviously we should have invested better in the past, especially in terms of a new striker. However, this doesn't mean we should take the money. WHy don't we keep Bale as an investment, and buy other great players as well. Yes, it's expensive, but that's why it's an investment. Success isn't free these days.

Obviously I'd want to keep Bale AND spend but if Bale was sold I don't believe we'd just collapse, especially if the money was invested in more players like Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele etc.

Obviously I'd want to keep Bale AND spend but if Bale was sold I don't believe we'd just collapse, especially if the money was invested in more players like Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele etc.

Or we could keep Bale and still invest about £50m. Lets face it, when you consider our net expediture over the last 5 years added to the fact that we have finished in the top 5 during that period, we should really have some dosh to spend this summer. Also considering that the team that finishes bottom next season will earn as much as money as Utd did for winning the league last season methinks we should be able to strengthen our team without selling Bale

I want to keep Bale and would be gutted if he went but you only have to look at Arsenal after losing RVP - ok they don't have his goals but they're not so reliant on getting the ball to one player either. Their form was title-winning following the NLD. They invested the money fairly wisely and bought a few players to balance out the squad.

If we lost Bale we'd still be Spurs, we'd still have good players we'd still be competitive.

Bale is like our ultimate insurance policy that by keeping him, allows us to spend as big as we want/can in the absolute knowledge that we can recoup a major amount of money next year if it doesn't go to plan.

With him (and spending big) I think it will go to plan. :)

Bale is like our ultimate insurance policy that by keeping him, allows us to spend as big as we want/can in the absolute knowledge that we can recoup a major amount of money next year if it doesn't go to plan.

With him (and spending big) I think it will go to plan. :)

heart says he stays
head says he goes.

putting my spurs blinkers aside if one player deserves cl footy its bale........he really has made massive strides.......he deserves to be playing for a team competing right at the top.........if we get another season out of him then I will be amazed........we cant ignore madrid albeit more importantly he probably cant ignore them.

thats not to say we shouldnt demand top dollar.

It breaks my heart to admit or share my views but he has massivley outgrown us.......... I wish we had a better squad & reasons to make him stay but we dont.....

Getting him to commit would be the biggest signing we could make sadly I believe he will go and I wouldnt hold it against him unless he started acting like berb or modric which i dont think he will.

WHAT a player he is..........he dragged us from mediocrity this season.

appologies if this offends some.....I want spurs to win everything going and have the best team on the planet.

unless I hear something concrete or we get to sep 1st I just cant believe he will be our player still.

If he goes it must be early so we have time to reinvest.

A2626_zpseb7b969f.jpg

I suppose it shouldn't come as any great surprise, but Gareth Bale has won the Spurs Player of the Year for 2012-13.

Here's a list of every award winner from 1987 onwards...

Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year 1987 to 2012-13

heart says he stays
head says he goes.

putting my spurs blinkers aside if one player deserves cl footy its bale........he really has made massive strides.......he deserves to be playing for a team competing right at the top.........if we get another season out of him then I will be amazed........we cant ignore madrid albeit more importantly he probably cant ignore them.

It breaks my heart to admit or share my views but he has massivley outgrown us.......... I wish we had a better squad & reasons to make him stay but we dont.....

Getting him to commit would be the biggest signing we could make sadly I believe he will go and I wouldnt hold it against him unless he started acting like berb or modric which i dont think he will.

appologies if this offends some.....I want spurs to win everything going and have the best team on the planet.

unless I hear something concrete or we get to sep 1st I just cant believe he will be our player still.

He's staying.

heart says he stays
head says he goes.

He's staying.
I am agreeing with Steff here Nigeyman. I think Spurs have been lucky with the recent managerial changes in the UK and Spain. I think Bale will stay simply because the timing and other situations are not quite correct for him to leave...yet.
Two quick examples. If all was ok at Real and Jose was staying put another year i could see Bale going. If SAF was still in charge at Man U i could see Bale going there now for a few years until he was 27/28 before heading abroad.

He clearly has the ability and even greater potential to improve and those two teams are/would be his best "fit".

I think even people who dislike Spurs and want to see Bale go would probably agree that neither Barcelona, or Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea are good "fits" for him in either playing style/worlds best player is already there/club culture or image type way.

What Bale might lose in terms of DIRECT wages (from mega-rich teams) he could recoup from keeping hold of his image rights/shirt sale negotiations and play for teams that have the necessary image/prestige/history.

Spain and England are the two "biggest" leagues right now and even if German teams enter a period of dominance in the CL its hard to imagine him going there.

Bale clearly wants to win trophies but i also think he has an eye on becoming a "great" and i think any move he has will absolutely take that into account. I also think he might be seeing some glory in NOT moving in the way Van Persie did for a nailed on trophy, there is a certain glamour in fighting for an under-dog team.

If Spurs can sign someone this window who has an international reputation and get minimum top 4 next season, but also really challenge for 3 and above AND Bale can see himself stepping out at a brand new stadium in a Spurs team that has serious chances of winning something BEFORE he is 26/27 then i think we would have a chance of keeping him for another couple of years even.

Naturally you have to add in the "Levy Factor" maybe Dan wants the cash and the stadium sorted, in which case....

Or we could keep Bale and still invest about £50m. Lets face it, when you consider our net expediture over the last 5 years added to the fact that we have finished in the top 5 during that period, we should really have some dosh to spend this summer. Also considering that the team that finishes bottom next season will earn as much as money as Utd did for winning the league last season methinks we should be able to strengthen our team without selling Bale
Yeah let's get ourselves relegated then spend that PLUS the additional £140m you get for promotion on a world beating side \o/

O/T but I'm surprised that Clive Allen didn't win it in 87, not saying Gary Mabbutt was brick or anything because he wasn't but Clive had a spectacular season.
Does seem absurd from this distance but Mabbutt's leadership as captain all around the park that season, cup-final included, was awesome. Whereas Allen was seen as a striker whose simple task was to convert the prodigious number of chances our talented five-man midfield (Hoddle, Waddle, Paul Allen, Hodge/Galvin /Ardiles) continuously created, which he did to be fair with some aplomb. Didn't help though that he fluffed his England chances when they came along.

But Clive's exceptional talent in front of goal was underrated at the time probably because that's pretty much all he did.

Does seem absurd from this distance but Mabbutt's leadership as captain all around the park that season, cup-final included, was awesome. Whereas Allen was seen as a striker whose simple task was to convert the prodigious number of chances our talented five-man midfield (Hoddle, Waddle, Paul Allen, Hodge/Galvin /Ardiles) continuously created, which he did to be fair with some aplomb. Didn't help though that he fluffed his England chances when they came along.

But Clive's exceptional talent in front of goal was underrated at the time probably because that's pretty much all he did.
I seem to remember a game against Norwich i was listening to on the radio, was heading for a 0-0, i went to make a tea and came back and it was 3-0 to Spurs, a 10 minute Clive Allen hatrick. I absolutely loved that team and (most of) that season.

I am agreeing with Steff here Nigeyman. I think Spurs have been lucky with the recent managerial changes in the UK and Spain. I think Bale will stay simply because the timing and other situations are not quite correct for him to leave...yet.
Two quick examples. If all was ok at Real and Jose was staying put another year i could see Bale going. If SAF was still in charge at Man U i could see Bale going there now for a few years until he was 27/28 before heading abroad.

He clearly has the ability and even greater potential to improve and those two teams are/would be his best "fit".

I think even people who dislike Spurs and want to see Bale go would probably agree that neither Barcelona, or Emirates Marketing Project or Chelsea are good "fits" for him in either playing style/worlds best player is already there/club culture or image type way.

What Bale might lose in terms of DIRECT wages (from mega-rich teams) he could recoup from keeping hold of his image rights/shirt sale negotiations and play for teams that have the necessary image/prestige/history.

Spain and England are the two "biggest" leagues right now and even if German teams enter a period of dominance in the CL its hard to imagine him going there.

Bale clearly wants to win trophies but i also think he has an eye on becoming a "great" and i think any move he has will absolutely take that into account. I also think he might be seeing some glory in NOT moving in the way Van Persie did for a nailed on trophy, there is a certain glamour in fighting for an under-dog team.

If Spurs can sign someone this window who has an international reputation and get minimum top 4 next season, but also really challenge for 3 and above AND Bale can see himself stepping out at a brand new stadium in a Spurs team that has serious chances of winning something BEFORE he is 26/27 then i think we would have a chance of keeping him for another couple of years even.

Naturally you have to add in the "Levy Factor" maybe Dan wants the cash and the stadium sorted, in which case....

good points and I admire Stefs stance on this.......

Its just Sep1st is a long way away....I dont expect him to go to a prem rival unless really silly money.

Yet I still think he will be going to madrid....ancellotti - ronaldo - the pull of playing for madrid.

so much pain as a spurs fan last few years and im expecting more....in terms of him leaving.

I would love for us to fight to keep him and add real quality to the squad to say look Gareth 'we mean business' I just dont believe it will happen......we never go silly with transfer fees/wages.

If Bale looks around what does he see? GK - more than good enough LB - Erratic RB - Erratic CB - other than verts maybe kaboul not title pushing quality - midfield - ok but need a creator - up front - simply nowwhere near good enough.

those are the challenges we face with our squad imo - im happy we are not dross like a few years ago but I would like us to be right up there challenging.

at barca you have players who are close to messi's level at madrid with Ronnie also.

At spurs Bale is so far away from our next best player its unbelievable.......

If we cant add MORE quality around him then he will go and I wouldnt blame him......

Back