• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Its great to see Bale celebrate with the coaching team. I do wonder if thfcsteff has a point as he never did this while Redknapp was in charge and never acknowledged Redknapp like he did with AVB in a recent interview.

6 - Lionel Messi & Gareth Bale are the only players in the big five Euro leagues to score six goals from outside the box this season. Peers.

I would not swap Bale for any player in the world. Messi included.

Messi would not do for us what Bale does...fact.

Context.

Which I stand by.

Messi is LETHAL with the players he has behind him.

I just could not see Anyone else doing what Bale is doing for us at the moment.

I'm not usually that fussed when a player leaves us....but if/when Bale does...I will worry. Simply IRREPLACEABLE

On BBC:

Matt, London on text: "All the good teams have that one player that stands above the rest. Ronaldo at Real, Messi at Barca, Van Persie at Man Utd. Bale is the one at Spurs presently. Anyone who calls them a one man team is just jealous of what they don't have themselves! Well done Spurs who bought him before anyone else."

Well fudging said, Matt from London! It's unbelievable how the top teams get lauded for having world class players who do incredible things for their team, but we're snidily criticised for the doing the same fudging thing!

You think LM would do what Bale has done tonight? He wouldn't have shot from there for a start

Well, no, but he may have scored 3 incredible dribbled goals, who knows? This is a meaningless debate, honestly. We don't know what Messi would do in our team or what Bale would do at Barce. Let's just accept they're both world class!

Its great to see Bale celebrate with the coaching team. I do wonder if thfcsteff has a point as he never did this while Redknapp was in charge and never acknowledged Redknapp like he did with AVB in a recent interview.

I'd like to think that AVB has a better connection to the players than Redknapp, simply because he is of a similar generation. Surely he must be able to relate to them better?

On BBC:

Matt, London on text: "All the good teams have that one player that stands above the rest. Ronaldo at Real, Messi at Barca, Van Persie at Man Utd. Bale is the one at Spurs presently. Anyone who calls them a one man team is just jealous of what they don't have themselves! Well done Spurs who bought him before anyone else."

Well fudging said, Matt from London! It's unbelievable how the top teams get lauded for having world class players who do incredible things for their team, but we're snidily criticised for the doing the same fudging thing!

But great teams have more than one and this is the reason why this must be the weakest Premiership season since the 90's, possibly ever. I'm looking forward to seeing how the teams rebuild over the next few years and who emerges as the powerhouse. Utd are walking the title with what I believe will be their poorest ever Premiership title winning team and squad. If Fergie sticks around for another 4 or 5 years and manages to rebuild it could be scary for the rest of us!

Well, no, but he may have scored 3 incredible dribbled goals, who knows? This is a meaningless debate, honestly. We don't know what Messi would do in our team or what Bale would do at Barce. Let's just accept they're both world class!

Nobody knows,of course. I would still not swap what Bale does for our team for anyone. I am not saying LM is not the better player...that is unquestionable. But I stand by what I say - I would not trade Bale for ANYONE in world football. We are ridiculously privileged to have a player that good playing in our colours.

Which I stand by.

Messi is LETHAL with the players he has behind him.

I just could not see Anyone else doing what Bale is doing for us at the moment.

I'm not usually that fussed when a player leaves us....but if/when Bale does...I will worry. Simply IRREPLACEABLE

Don't you mean.... IRREPLACEABALE??? I'll get my coat!

Messi and Ronaldo are on a different level to everybody else.

Then you have the likes of Van Persie, Bale, Xavi, Falcao, Iniesta among others.

Back