• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

whats he supposed to say? "No, I think they are better than us, them dingdonging us 5-2 two years in a row proves that really. When you face opponents with the quality of Mertesacker, Gervinho and Ramsay you just have to hold your hands up and attempt not to tinkle your pants and hide the look of pure fear in your eyes."

I don't see anything at wrong with what he said. He said its close between the teams; they were miles better no we have caught up.

You'd think some people had forgotten our club motto!

I am expecting big things from Bale in the next few games, all the talk of Bale force, one man team and him wanting CL footy. Here is where he can put that into action.

Have some faith everyone...getting a little 'down' in this thread...

tomasrosicky.jpg
:?:

whats he supposed to say? "No, I think they are better than us, them dingdonging us 5-2 two years in a row proves that really. When you face opponents with the quality of Mertesacker, Gervinho and Ramsay you just have to hold your hands up and attempt not to tinkle your pants and hide the look of pure fear in your eyes."

I don't see anything at wrong with what he said. He said its close between the teams; they were miles better no we have caught up.

Well it's true we have closed the gap, but why say publicly that we have better squad? Seem to remember Robbie Keane saying the same thing a few years ago, and VDV last year. Why not just say "we are very evenly matched right now and I believe we can finish above them if we play to our potential but we have to believe."?

I wouldn't mind them saying it if they actually backed it up, but we never do.

I am expecting big things from Bale in the next few games, all the talk of Bale force, one man team and him wanting CL footy. Here is where he can put that into action.

I'm expecting him to take an absolute kicking tonight and probably Sunday too, need him on top form.

Well it's true we have closed the gap, but why say publicly that we have better squad? Seem to remember Robbie Keane saying the same thing a few years ago, and VDV last year. Why not just say "we are very evenly matched right now and I believe we can finish above them if we play to our potential but we have to believe."?

I hate reading interviews where its almost all a bunch of cliches and media training nonsense, I'd much rather hear a players real views even if I disagree with them.

Bale didn't like De Guzmans attitude yesterday

Gareth Bale: 'Congrats on winning the Capital One Cup @NathDyer87 can't believe u got bullied off the penalty :p.'

Exactly this. Better to talk about it after the game - especially if we have, for a change, smashed them. To talk about it before just riles them and psyches them up even more. Silly thing to have said at this time imo and I am unashamedly one of his biggest fans.

Exactly this. Better to talk about it after the game - especially if we have, for a change, smashed them. To talk about it before just riles them and psyches them up even more. Silly thing to have said at this time imo and I am unashamedly one of his biggest fans.

To be fair, what you are saying would kind of fall in to the sing when you are winning category. I can see your point though, for some away games, our fans might taunt the home support for being quiet/brick which in turn might lift their crowd which then lifts their team.

Who cares what he said, big deal. Everything he said was correct, and if we do lose it would have absolutely nothing to do with his comments....

Also, don't underestimate the public gloating effect and the media whipping it up. Rememeber in 2002-03 Wenger said 'why can't we go unbeaten, it is possible'. Not so ****y an answer to a leading question. How it was twisted by the media was with gthe headline 'we will go the season unbeaten' and so many ,lubs I feel were extra motiviated to beat 'those ****y Gallic tacos' so to speak.

So again another reason to play it humble.

Didn't Arsenal come out the next season and go unbeaten though. Maybe that only happened because their manager dared to dream it. I remember Fergie laughing at Wenger for saying that but he dared and he did it.

Maybe Bale saying this will put the right sort of pressure on him and the team. F*ck banal cliches and worthless interviews. State what you want and then go and do it.

yep me and urgen were having a bet as to who it would be this year, i said it would be dawson, forget who he said it would be.

He said Holtby, didn't he?

---------------------

What Bale said wasn't that bad though... Yes, I went through the "why does someone always have to come out with that sort of thing?" But that's just an instant reaction.... The simple truth is, a journo is always going to write that story. There's no avoiding it. If he asks Bale 10 games into the season if Spurs can challenge Arsenal for 4th, Bale can't say "yes" or this story is written before the NLD and Bale can't say "no" else "Bale says Spurs are brick and he's going to Real Madrid" gets written.

Apply the above to every member of our staff, playing and coaching... Hell, the tea lady probably isn't safe.

The most annoying part about this story is having to read it to make sure Bale didn't say anything really stupid... He didn't, but now I've read the stupid story, which is the point of the story. It feels like getting trolled by journos... It's almost as bad as the Twitter "click me to find out which player Arsenal will buy for £70 mil" links that get posted, at least I can ignore those... I should learn to just ignore red top stories like this.

----------

This post wins the internet.

-----------

Edit: I forgot to add a couple of things.

I think you underestimate Arsenal players and the way Wenger ALWAYS gets them up for NLDs. He's only lost 4 league NLDs in 16 yaers after all. Now that they don't klnow how to win trophies, they know that redemption locally comes from the 'top 4' run-in and finishing above Spurs. Believe me, Arsenal fans will die if we finish above them AND they finish outside the top 4.

Remember how Arsenal played in last year's game? Deemented they were and I don't think they played any better than that again for the rest of the season (perhaps except maybe the Milan 3-0 win in the 2nd leg).
This was the result of the 'mind the gap' stuff plus our chanting in the stadium. Things like this do have an effect for those players.

You have given Wenger far too much credit. It is not him. It's the Arsenal players.

If Wenger could motivate players for any game and only chooses this one, it is madness. It has always been a case of Arsenal players motivating themselves for this game and not being as motivated for many other games.

Even when they did challenge for trophies, they played better against us.

But you look like a taco if you guarantee things and don't deliver.

He didn't say "we will beat them"...

Last edited:

idZxnlXZwOjad.gif

Is the DIY/furniture thread the appropriate place to get advice on building shrines for players?

Back