• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Steff you're unreal and i get what you're trying to do so don't ever think you fooled me when it actually happens.

You're probably going to be the reason why i am permanently banned from this site and i'm well aware of that. As i said before i'm well aware that i'm guilty of prolonging an argument which makes it seem like i'm the reason why it started in the first place but i hope people actually read the posts and nature of the posts beforehand that make me react like that. This site imo is going downhill pretty damn fast so maybe it's a blessing if/when i do leave/get banned.

Steff, Bale dives end of story. If he played for any other club, you'd be coating him for diving. We are always condemning Liverpool fans for playing the victim and for failing to see any wrongdoing from our players. Honestly, some of our fans are no better than Phil Thompson and the rest of the Kopites who wear the tinted specs.

If Bale was just doing this to get out of "potentially dangerous" tackles, he wouldn't go flying would he? He'd just get out of the way and leave it at that. But when he throws himself to the ground his argument falls on it's ass, as much as I hate it, Bale dives, and I hope he sorts it out. I think part of the problem is that he sometimes does just that, get's out of the way without the play acting, and that sort of gives the "pro protecting himself" crowd something to use as proof that he doesen't dive.

Steff, Bale dives end of story. If he played for any other club, you'd be coating him for diving. We are always condemning Liverpool fans for playing the victim and for failing to see any wrongdoing from our players. Honestly, some of our fans are no better than Phil Thompson and the rest of the Kopites who wear the tinted specs.

Hands up. I'm one of those fans. Lillywhite specs all the way. This is what football is all about. I'll always be tribal in my support. If I want to be fair to the opposition, have absolutely no doubt about decisions and not much passion, I'd watch rugby.

I unashamedly have no issues with the most special talent at our club. If he moves somewhere else that may be a different story. He's ours. I reserve the right to be hypocritical and hate Suarez, Carzola Marcelo, etc. If they were Spurs the situation may change.

It's football. Some of you lot should start watching Rugby or Golf.

Anyway, up in four hours to get to the airport for the Swansea game.

COYS!

I actually despise the Liverpool thread we have going here and have made it pretty clear what I think of scousers and Liverpool supporters generally. I'd wager I guess that I've seen us at Anfield more times over the years than most. I've always had a great day out/weekend, and always got on very very well with scousers. The wise-acres here will say it's because I defend Gareth Bale! :lol: But again Jurgen, I fail to see why there is only one opinion allowed on this "topic" and further, some of the arguments given strike me as ludicrous, in the same way that, say, you, appear to find my counter-points ludicrous. The player has addressed it, the referees assoc addressed it yesterday, Maloney addressed a specific incident a couple of months ago, yet there is no acceptance that perhaps the points raised by them/in their comments have one iota of truth or substance. Which in essence means that some people also believe Bale is a liar.

Question for you. Do you believe that Santi Cazorla grossly exaggerated the challenge he got from Adebayor? It's one thing to leap out of the way as he did (obviously it was a rash challenge and if he'd stayed planted he'd have been hurt for sure) but in the event, his foot got brushed, Cazorla quite rightly jumped out of the way BUT did he REALLY need to roll three times on the floor and hold a body part that wasn't kicked for the better part of 3 mins until Adebayor's red card was confirmed? For all Bale's purported 'sins' he hasn't done freestyle rolling on the floor when he's hit the deck so far as I can remember?

If Bale was just doing this to get out of "potentially dangerous" tackles, he wouldn't go flying would he? He'd just get out of the way and leave it at that. But when he throws himself to the ground his argument falls on it's ass, as much as I hate it, Bale dives, and I hope he sorts it out. I think part of the problem is that he sometimes does just that, get's out of the way without the play acting, and that sort of gives the "pro protecting himself" crowd something to use as proof that he doesen't dive.

I think Bale just dives to avoid getting injured, most of the times anyway. I think there are many defenders out there who would rather injure Bale than getting humiliated by him. Afterall, most of his "dives" are actually near the middle of the field. Why would he dive in the middle of the field ? I don't think he is the sort of player who will risk his reputation to get a meaningless freekick or get other players booked.

I actually despise the Liverpool thread we have going here and have made it pretty clear what I think of scousers and Liverpool supporters generally. I'd wager I guess that I've seen us at Anfield more times over the years than most. I've always had a great day out/weekend, and always got on very very well with scousers. The wise-acres here will say it's because I defend Gareth Bale! :lol: But again Jurgen, I fail to see why there is only one opinion allowed on this "topic" and further, some of the arguments given strike me as ludicrous, in the same way that, say, you, appear to find my counter-points ludicrous. The player has addressed it, the referees assoc addressed it yesterday, Maloney addressed a specific incident a couple of months ago, yet there is no acceptance that perhaps the points raised by them/in their comments have one iota of truth or substance. Which in essence means that some people also believe Bale is a liar.

Question for you. Do you believe that Santi Cazorla grossly exaggerated the challenge he got from Adebayor? It's one thing to leap out of the way as he did (obviously it was a rash challenge and if he'd stayed planted he'd have been hurt for sure) but in the event, his foot got brushed, Cazorla quite rightly jumped out of the way BUT did he REALLY need to roll three times on the floor and hold a body part that wasn't kicked for the better part of 3 mins until Adebayor's red card was confirmed? For all Bale's purported 'sins' he hasn't done freestyle rolling on the floor when he's hit the deck so far as I can remember?

I have to say, I was more annoyed with Wheelchair, can't believe he didn't get at least a booking for brick stirring. Did Cazorla make the most of the Adebayor tackle? Yes of course he did, I don't condone that side of the game either, Spurs players or non-Spurs players. But it was still worthy of a red card. You could argue that Webb wouldn't have sent him off if Cazorla had got up straight away, but he would have been a lucky man to escape with a yellow IMO. I absolutely agree that a player's reaction to a tackle will influence the referee's decision making.

Now on to Bale. Maybe he does look to avoid getting clattered on certain occasions, but I have also seen him dive on many occasions when there was no danger of him getting a broken leg/ankle etc. So I guess I am calling him a liar. How many professional footballers admit to diving? Phil Neville, Klinsmann? The list is pretty short.

The Maloney incident- I have watched the GIF countless times, I can't for the life of me see any contact, but to be fair, Maloney himself said that he made contact so I am inclined to agree with you that he didn't dive on that occasion. The Fulham and Liverpool dives which he was booked for were fouls so I have some sympathy for him there, but I can also see why the ref decided to book Bale as he did exaggerate the fall in both instances. I'm not contradicting myself, I had this same discussion a few weeks back, you can be fouled technically and still make a meal of the challenge. Bale's rep got him the yellow cards, I have no doubt of that.

The reason that I have taken you to task in this matter is because I fail to see Spurs fans defending players of other clubs who have dived in the past. I'm 99% sure that if any Arsenal player came out and said they dive to avoid injury, we wouldn't buy it.

Now now kids, play nice. Looking at the videos a few pages back:

It is obvious that Maloney's legs knocked Bale's right foot onto his left calf, causing Bale to trip. That wasn't planned by Bale, it was a mistake from Maloney to brush his right foot. That happened to me before, I was running full speed, someone tapped my right foot quite lightly and it catches your left calf and within 0.2 seconds the turf slams into your face and you are eating grass.

It is obvious that Bale dived against Real Madrid because he thought the challenge was coming, so he doesn't plant his left foot and hopes he will win a penalty.

I don't get why people would argue the absolutes - that he never dives or always dives - these are separate cases with separate inputs and outputs.

Jesus some of you in here are far too mature.

Have you never walked behind someone and tried to tinkle them off by knocking their foot in such a way that their ankles end up clipping each other?

The amount of contact required when someone is sprinting is even less. GHod even the defender comes forwards and states it was a foul, yet some in here are being all high and mighty about it.

I have to say, I was more annoyed with Wheelchair, can't believe he didn't get at least a booking for brick stirring. Did Cazorla make the most of the Adebayor tackle? Yes of course he did, I don't condone that side of the game either, Spurs players or non-Spurs players. But it was still worthy of a red card. You could argue that Webb wouldn't have sent him off if Cazorla had got up straight away, but he would have been a lucky man to escape with a yellow IMO. I absolutely agree that a player's reaction to a tackle will influence the referee's decision making.

Now on to Bale. Maybe he does look to avoid getting clattered on certain occasions, but I have also seen him dive on many occasions when there was no danger of him getting a broken leg/ankle etc. So I guess I am calling him a liar. How many professional footballers admit to diving? Phil Neville, Klinsmann? The list is pretty short.

The Maloney incident- I have watched the GIF countless times, I can't for the life of me see any contact, but to be fair, Maloney himself said that he made contact so I am inclined to agree with you that he didn't dive on that occasion. The Fulham and Liverpool dives which he was booked for were fouls so I have some sympathy for him there, but I can also see why the ref decided to book Bale as he did exaggerate the fall in both instances. I'm not contradicting myself, I had this same discussion a few weeks back, you can be fouled technically and still make a meal of the challenge. Bale's rep got him the yellow cards, I have no doubt of that.

The reason that I have taken you to task in this matter is because I fail to see Spurs fans defending players of other clubs who have dived in the past. I'm 99% sure that if any Arsenal player came out and said they dive to avoid injury, we wouldn't buy it.

I simply don't see that as a good enough reason to 'take me to task' on this. As you said, we've discussed it several times and I feel I have made my point of view clearly and with some supportive material every time. If you don't agree with me, fine, as I said, no problems and we agree to disagree. But I really don't see that you can 'take me to task' simply on your stated line. I complain about rolling around and overreactions and if I see a clear, clear effort to cheat a penalty/get someone sent off. I used to laugh when people banged on about Ronaldo because I realized I had never seen a footballer that big, strong AND fast before; he was certainly the originator of 'self-protective' play :lol: To be fair mate, I'm done discussing it because it's a circular argument and I cannot say any more than I already have. You believe Gareth Bale is a liar (and a cheat by proxy) and I don't. We'd be best just shaking the digital hand and leaving it there...

I simply don't see that as a good enough reason to 'take me to task' on this. As you said, we've discussed it several times and I feel I have made my point of view clearly and with some supportive material every time. If you don't agree with me, fine, as I said, no problems and we agree to disagree. But I really don't see that you can 'take me to task' simply on your stated line. I complain about rolling around and overreactions and if I see a clear, clear effort to cheat a penalty/get someone sent off. I used to laugh when people banged on about Ronaldo because I realized I had never seen a footballer that big, strong AND fast before; he was certainly the originator of 'self-protective' play :lol: To be fair mate, I'm done discussing it because it's a circular argument and I cannot say any more than I already have. You believe Gareth Bale is a liar (and a cheat by proxy) and I don't. We'd be best just shaking the digital hand and leaving it there...

Supportive material is highly debatable, but I digress.

I also don't agree that it's only cheating if you try and get an opponent booked, sent off or try to win a penalty.

Supportive material is highly debatable, but I digress.

I also don't agree that it's only cheating if you try and get an opponent booked, sent off or try to win a penalty.

Not what I said mate, I was simply telling you what I complain the loudest about/what gets my goat. I would agree, cheating comes in many many forms, from working the referee within the first 5 mins and constantly berating him, to using the press to put pressure on 'flash-point' situations even to watering areas of the pitch or NOT watering it depending on how your opponents play. There's a lot of cheating in football and it's a great shame.

Not what I said mate, I was simply telling you what I complain the loudest about/what gets my goat. I would agree, cheating comes in many many forms, from working the referee within the first 5 mins and constantly berating him, to using the press to put pressure on 'flash-point' situations even to watering areas of the pitch or NOT watering it depending on how your opponents play. There's a lot of cheating in football and it's a great shame.

Out of all of those that one is the only one i don't think is cheating.

It's your pitch, it's home advantage, therefore you are allowed to prepare it as you see fit.

Both teams still have to play on exactly the same pitch.

Out of all of those that one is the only one i don't think is cheating.

It's your pitch, it's home advantage, therefore you are allowed to prepare it as you see fit.

Both teams still have to play on exactly the same pitch.

In fairness I would have to say you're right and I'm wrong there. I hold my hand up. But it still tinkles me off when I see the pitch manipulated :lol:

In fairness I would have to say you're right and I'm wrong there. I hold my hand up. But it still tinkles me off when I see the pitch manipulated :lol:

Tbh teams should practise playing on wet pitches. I would be surprised if they didn't, the vast majority of stadiums are outside and at least in England it tends to rain.. :p

Tbh teams should practise playing on wet pitches. I would be surprised if they didn't, the vast majority of stadiums are outside and at least in England it tends to rain.. :p

Indeed, I agree, but to be clear, I'm talking about sneaky things like watering the wings at HT on a cold midweek night so as those areas get slippery, that sort of thing...

Bale is one of Tottenham's best players and we certainly feel it when he's not playing.

But our record without him this season is only slightly worse than when he's been in the team:

With Bale:
P19 W9-D5-L5
Record: 60.53%

Without Bale:
P6 W3-D1-L2 58.33%

Back