• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring - Moyes Taking Over

'If you could drop one player at United, how would you tell Cleverley?' United fans have fun at Carrick's expense on Twitter hashtag

Manchester United wanted to engage with supporters when they asked for questions aimed at Michael Carrick - the idea being that they would formulate the base of an interview with the midfielder for the club's official programme.

It didn't turn out quite as planned, however, as the hashtag #AskCarrick was inundated with inane and ludicrous questions.

Carrick bore the brunt of fan frustration at David Moyes' struggles this season.

United have lost eight times in the Premier League already this season, their worst ever haul since the division's inception, and are 15 points off table-toppers Arsenal.

The 2-1 defeat at Stoke City on Saturday rather summed up Moyes' start to life at the champions. Injuries, bad luck and poor finishing did for them at the Britannia Stadium.

When handed the opportunity to quiz Carrick, United's support made sure their ill-feeling towards the campaign's woes were seen.

[tweet]430312027764961281[/tweet]

Tom Cleverley came in for particular stick - seen by many as the major weak link in United's side - while Carrick's style of play came under scrutiny.

One cruel rival fan asked if the central midfielder was aware that Jon Flanagan had scored more than him this year. Another asked 'How many times has Mata tried to make a run for it since signing?'

Another posed: 'Is Cleverley as annoying to play with as he is to watch?'

Maybe they'll think twice in future.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2551009/Michael-Carricks-Twitter-hashtag-goes-pear-shaped-Manchester-United-fans-vent-fury-clubs-dismal-run-form.html

Cleverley's passing chart from the Stoke match:

Bfjo9KfCUAAS5i-.png

They are now 21 points worse off compared to last season. 12 of those points have been dropped at home.

They did manage 81 crosses today though.

They are now 21 points worse off compared to last season. 12 of those points have been dropped at home.

They did manage 81 crosses today though.

Maybe they should have gone for Traore on loan ahead of Everton. Or they could try to bring Jan Koller out of retirement perhaps.

After the game did Moyes roll out his usual "I think we played well today" catchprase ?

After the game did Moyes roll out his usual "I think we played well today" catchprase ?

His footballing philosophy seems to be all about putting crosses into the box, so in that aspect they were amazing.

His footballing philosophy seems to be all about putting crosses into the box, so in that aspect they were amazing.

Well in fairness they had lots and lots of decent chances today, which they thankfully didn't take. Very unlike Utd really to be so wasteful.

You do not become a bad manager overnight. He needs to sort out central midfield and bring in a world class centre back. Unfortunately he probably will not get the time.

You do not become a bad manager overnight. He needs to sort out central midfield and bring in a world class centre back. Unfortunately he probably will not get the time.

I think he will get the time but they need a lot more than that. The whole of their backline is completely shot. Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic do not have the legs or qualityto be playing for what is considered one of the biggest and best clubs in the world. Smalling and Jones are not the answer either and Rafael is certainly not good enough.

We are struggling for 4th/5th and none of those players would get into our side on a regular basis with the possible exception of Vidic but even he looks like he is shot this season.

They need another player of high quality in the centre with Carrick and need to move away from 4-4-2 and try and implement 4-2-3-1 because the wingers they have aren't up to scratch either. Play Van Persie up top with Rooney, Mata and Nani in the 3, overhaul the back line and buy a world class centre mid to play with Carrick and then they can, with luck on injuries and suspensions, challenge properly again.

Moyes quits?

Says on the Bloomberg feed that Moyes has left Utd by mutual consent.

Also Coral have suspended bets on the next manager to leave.

Wonder if true?

Re: Moyes quits?

I heard the same, left the club and Fergie coming back short term......

That job is bigger than any man IMHO

there was always gonna be a period of pain to get through, i'm sure this isn't a surprise to anyone at the club, they'd be mad to not see it through imo

there was always gonna be a period of pain to get through, i'm sure this isn't a surprise to anyone at the club, they'd be mad to not see it through imo

Perhaps they'll be in for 'disciplinarian' LVG if this is true?

Why on Earth would he quit United? Especially this early into the job he doesn't strike me as a quitter? Let's face it he's not going to get a better/bigger job is he?

Back