• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

I’m not a catastrophe merchant either, but I do find the general mood music on here bizarre of late.

On the football side we are in a mess - yet again - unfortunately. It’s becoming a theme. Even the steady and sensible podcasts (such as View From the Lane) and the very reasonable Spurs media pundits (like Paul Hawksbee) see the handling of it all as a complete dog’s breakfast.

And yet there are still quite a few on GG who think the board are above having to explain things - which is now moving towards being plain weird for me.

The Paratici hostage video is simply the latest manifestation of a pretty blind approach to footballing (and PR) matters.

It begs the question, what actually has to happen before some begin to question the direction?

Oh I usually am a catastrophy merchant but I simply can't be arsed.

I don't know if the board can explain other than by saying they did what they thought was right at the time, and are going to continue to do what they think is right, but in a more fluffy flimflam PR kind of way. I thought the Conte departure statement was very needy too, no real recognition and a limp sentence begging fans to remember how loyal (code for long suffering but still forking out money) we are.

A sacking of a manager reminds me of a breakup where people start taking sides with different parties. To side with Conte is to break the delusion of where we're currently at, so it's easier to see him as a pantomime villain. I get it as it's probably nicer to be positive about whichever random direction we lurch in next, especially if it's a backwards step to Poch for that warm fuzzy (sickening) nostalgic feeling.

To bring it back to Paratici, although you can look at fair few signings and say they were successful, the big spends this summer didn't hit the ground running and the squad wasn't what Conte needed ie a proper centre back and a first team RWB. I don't mind the youth signings but for the right manager. The investment in to Spence, Gill and Udogie provided very little use to Conte this season and Porro was half a season late. High hopes for them (and Sarr) but we were already expecting Conte to leave by this choice of not giving him what he needs.

Added to that, the standard problem that nobody (for good reason) wants to buy GLC / N'dombele/ Rodon / Reggie so we're loaning out big mainly big money signings depreciating in value each season. We've also developed this strange habit of giving away players under contract for fudge all ie Doherty / Alli.

I'd say it'll be interesting to see which way we got next, a new dawn a new day but it has got a bit groundhog day for me.

Perhaps I expect too much, but it's not a lot to ask for: The feeling of being competitive what with our world class stadium / training facilities, supposedly incredible players, proven winners in charge that will absolutely no doubt win elsewhere but just not here.

Now added in to the brick storm, the brains of the club's footballing ethos being banned from anything to do with football. It's funny when you think about it I guess....

Last edited:
I’m not a catastrophe merchant either, but I do find the general mood music on here bizarre of late.

On the football side we are in a mess - yet again - unfortunately. It’s becoming a theme. Even the steady and sensible podcasts (such as View From the Lane) and the very reasonable Spurs media pundits (like Paul Hawksbee) see the handling of it all as a complete dog’s breakfast.

And yet there are still quite a few on GG who think the board are above having to explain things - which is now moving towards being plain weird for me.

The Paratici hostage video is simply the latest manifestation of a pretty blind approach to footballing (and PR) matters.

It begs the question, what actually has to happen before some begin to question the direction?
I’ve always been appreciative of Levy and the way he has elevated Spurs but of late you can’t help but question certain elements and whether a change in direction is for the best.

It reminds me of Poch - All Spurs fans were appreciative of the job he was doing, but he had his faults and whilst most recognised such faults and could comfortably be critical of him whilst still recognising the job he was doing/ did - there were those who refused to accept any criticism of his and defended him to ridiculous levels. My favourite being when he come out with some ridiculous sound bites in press conferences, a few on here would say that Poch didn’t mean what he was saying and went on to kindly explain to us what he really meant:D

And it’s the same thing here, he’s made some real mistakes of late but of course there are still those refusing to acknowledge it and no doubt should just be accepted it’s all part of the long game:rolleyes:

All in all Levy has done a good job and I’d love for him to see the job through, he has put in a tremendous shift. But I’m more and more dubious as to whether we will reach the promised land with him or ENIC at the helm regardless of our money spinning stadium…..

I’ve always been appreciative of Levy and the way he has elevated Spurs but of late you can’t help but question certain elements and whether a change in direction is for the best.

It reminds me of Poch - All Spurs fans were appreciative of the job he was doing, but he had his faults and whilst most recognised such faults and could comfortably be critical of him whilst still recognising the job he was doing/ did - there were those who refused to accept any criticism of his and defended him to ridiculous levels. My favourite being when he come out with some ridiculous sound bites in press conferences, a few on here would say that Poch didn’t mean what he was saying and went on to kindly explain to us what he really meant:D

And it’s the same thing here, he’s made some real mistakes of late but of course there are still those refusing to acknowledge it and no doubt should just be accepted it’s all part of the long game:rolleyes:

All in all Levy has done a good job and I’d love for him to see the job through, he has put in a tremendous shift. But I’m more and more dubious as to whether we will reach the promised land with him or ENIC at the helm regardless of our money spinning stadium…..

he's not been perfect, but he's batting way over .500, I'm convinced a change there would just make things worse

Following media reports today regarding the FIFA Disciplinary Committee decision to extend worldwide the sanction imposed by the FIGC Federal Court of Appeals on Fabio Paratici on 20 January 2023, the Club made urgent enquiries to FIFA.

FIFA has late this afternoon responded to us in writing notifying us today, Wednesday 29 March 2023, that a decision has been made by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee to extend the FIGC sanction worldwide.

This committee deliberation has been taken with no advance notice to any of the parties involved. We are urgently seeking further clarification from FIFA as to the details of the extension and its variance from the FIGC sanction.

We should like to make clear that when Fabio conducted the interview on Club channels yesterday neither he nor the Club had any indication of this decision being made by FIFA, based on the fact the the FIGC sanction was taken on 20 January 2023 and remains subject to an Appeal on 19 April 2023.

We shall update on this matter in due course.

Does anyone really think he won't be working if banned anyway?

Much like all of those struck off directors whose wives suddenly start up very similar businesses, he'll need someone to sign the paperwork but proving that talking to people, watching games, being around the club is illegal would be incredibly difficult.

Much like all of those struck off directors whose wives suddenly start up very similar businesses, he'll need someone to sign the paperwork but proving that talking to people, watching games, being around the club is illegal would be incredibly difficult.

It would be incredibly easy. The amount of calls, meetings etc he'd had with agents, clubs, players etc. It would get out rapidly

Really is a joke organisation isnt it. Farcical that there was no notice that he was in effect on trial today and suddenly this being blurted to the media.

And blurted only because a news organisation asked them by chance.

Its a bit coincidental too that the day they got asked just so happens to be the day of the ruling. More like they forgot all about it and just made it up.

‘‘oh yes better rule on that, hmm yes just go with the Italians and say he is banned’’

‘‘oh when from?’’

‘‘what? Oh just say from today, now where did I put my paper bags’’

‘‘ah there they are, oh I do feel rather gay today’’

Really is a joke organisation isnt it. Farcical that there was no notice that he was in effect on trial today and suddenly this being blurted to the media.

They are, but WTF are we doing????

We know he is on the slate potentially, so with everything else going on, we surely should be keeping him in the firm background and staying ontop of it. We know both UEFA and FIFA are fudged, why are we waiting to hear from them? Why when there was the earlier postponement, were we not onto them regularly? Instead, we wheel him out for an extended VIDEO interview??? Ridiculous. I'd actually say it was brazen arrogance.

As for the 'statement' today (despite the fact it is poorly written) what a giant exercise in remedial arse covering (i.e. covered one cheek but I can still a brown eye winking at me beside the other cheek). I think it is pathetic!!!!!!

They are, but WTF are we doing????

We know he is on the slate potentially, so with everything else going on, we surely should be keeping him in the firm background and staying ontop of it. We know both UEFA and FIFA are fudged, why are we waiting to hear from them? Why when there was the earlier postponement, were we not onto them regularly? Instead, we wheel him out for an extended VIDEO interview??? Ridiculous. I'd actually say it was brazen arrogance.

As for the 'statement' today (despite the fact it is poorly written) what a giant exercise in remedial arse covering (i.e. covered one cheek but I can still a brown eye winking at me beside the other cheek). I think it is pathetic!!!!!!

There were loads of people criticising him and the club for having no involvement in the Conte announcement. So the club put him out there, get blindsided by FIFA and made to look really silly. Don’t really see the point in making this out as Spurs’ or Levy’s fault.

I think it's highly possible he hides behind a consultant role and let other officers of the club front meetings, signing of documents etc.

How is Hitchen doing these days?

There were loads of people criticising him and the club for having no involvement in the Conte announcement. So the club put him out there, get blindsided by FIFA and made to look really silly. Don’t really see the point in making this out as Spurs’ or Levy’s fault.

Then IMO they're stupid for
A) listening
B) not being two steps ahead and feeling good about not listening (for once)
C) being absolutely tone deaf about the situation the man is in versus where we are as a club

FWIW I have not seen many complaining about his not being in announcement.

Sorry mate, I disagree.

Back