• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Fifa are a bunch of clowns so they wont know what they are doing or the implications.

I don’t believe Daniel will move him on until the appeals are ruled on.

Google "reputational damage" and tell me if you still think Levy will stand by a DoF that has been banned due to financial irregularities

We should turn it into a West End comedy show - now there's a way for Levy to boost our finances. Make other teams' supporters pay to laugh at us. There's lots of great material from the past to monetize as well.

Robbie-image-3-1-2.jpg

I'm a bit conflicted on this.

1) The basis of innocent till prove guilty, so my instinct is we should back him until that point is confirmed

2) Corruption and FIFA/UEFA. Doesn't a charge just mean that they've not been adequately cut in? It's all pretty grey area stuff too around patronage and service.

3) We all know he's great on player recruitment but crap on manager recruitment. So if someone more capable takes charge of the former, we can't start looking at the latter till June or July anyway

In all seriousness, you gotta laugh at how brick this season has panned out. We looked well positioned to capitalise from the positivity from our return to the CL and the early and good (yes, it could've been better) business in the transfer window. Then:

- Our top scorer turns into Gregorsizchz Raziak.
- Our fitness coach dies.
- Most first team players take turns getting injured (Hugo, Romero, Sessegnon, Davies, Perisic, Royal, Bentancour, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Richarlison, etc.)
- Our coach has to have emergency surgery.
- Our DOF gets banned in Italy for dodgy transfer deadlings.
- Out coach publicly rants about the club, the chairman and the players, and consequently gets sacked.
- Our DOF gets banned worldwide for his dodgy transfer dealings.

Neither of these are excuses for our mostly turgid and unspired performances, and some tinkle poor defending along the way, but fudge me have we not had way more than our share of bad luck and freak incidents this season.

In all seriousness, you gotta laugh at how brick this season has panned out. We looked well positioned to capitalise from the positivity from our return to the CL and the early and good (yes, it could've been better) business in the transfer window. Then:

- Our top scorer turns into Gregorsizchz Raziak.
- Our fitness coach dies.
- Most first team players take turns getting injured (Hugo, Romero, Sessegnon, Davies, Perisic, Royal, Bentancour, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Richarlison, etc.)
- Our coach has to have emergency surgery.
- Our DOF gets banned in Italy for dodgy transfer deadlings.
- Out coach publicly rants about the club, the chairman and the players, and consequently gets sacked.
- Our DOF gets banned worldwide for his dodgy transfer dealings.

Neither of these are excuses for our mostly turgid and unspired performances, and some tinkle poor defending along the way, but fudge me have we not had way more than our share of bad luck and freak incidents this season.

I think both dramatic loss of form by multiple players and injuries are directly related to poor coaching

We should add recruiting Paratici to the long list of fails Levy has chalked up since the stadium build completed.

Whatever he does choose to do is very likely to be wrong.

Personally I think Levy should keep him on the payroll. He must have weighed up the odds of Paratici getting collared and decided to go with him anyway.

But he’ll get rid of him and deny any suggestion he was aware Paratici was involved in unscrupulous behaviour.

You get involved with Italian football as a last resort, and that is where Levy found himself.

And there he remains.

We should add recruiting Paratici to the long list of fails Levy has chalked up since the stadium build completed.

Personally I think Levy should keep him on the payroll. He must have weighed up the odds of Paratici getting collared and decided to go with him anyway.

But he’ll get rid of him and deny any suggestion he was aware Paratici was involved in unscrupulous behaviour.

You get involved with Italian football as a last resort, and that is where Levy found himself.

And there he remains.

How and why would Levy have known this was going to happen?

Last edited:

And there he remains.
Essentially isn't everything 'wrong' unless you win the PL or CL (maybe you'll get away with an FA Cup)?

Lets see what happens at his appeal in May but, in contrast to a lot of hysteria which will no doubt come up in the press and on here:

1) I'd imagine Levy would want to have control over the manager appointment anyway
2) I'm sure Levy has a contingency plan in place and it'll have been agreed with Paratici. We're not going to lose any transfer momentum which has been built up in the background for this summer with him leaving. Its not as if this is a surprise so there will be a plan place

Hysteria on here? you are joking. ;)

Don't question the narrative...

He's told you anyway....it getting in to bed with those bloody Italians.

Is it that much of a narrative? I feel that's an easy buzzword used these days to deride an opposing point of view. I'd be more on agreement with the OP if they specifically said Juventus rather than painting all of Italian football with the same brush.

The dodgy Pjanic deal and being relegated for match fixing is enough to say there was a reason for caution, I don't know enough about other stuff ie delayed wages.

But it's on Levy. He hired a passionate high maintenance manager who has high standards, can't be surprised that was problematic. And previously he hired a DOF from the epitome of a dodgy club who'd already had the book thrown at them. Now that's a problem. Quelle surprise.

I'm not going to full on catastrophize but I think it's because I actually can't be arsed at this point in time. Here we are again, no manager, no plan moving forwards but at least the players will happily take their wages and post a "we'll go again" message when they fudge it up whilst the season continues to be a dumpster fire.

Is it that much of a narrative? I feel that's an easy buzzword used these days to deride an opposing point of view. I'd be more on agreement with the OP if they specifically said Juventus rather than painting all of Italian football with the same brush.

The dodgy Pjanic deal and being relegated for match fixing is enough to say there was a reason for caution, I don't know enough about other stuff ie delayed wages.

But it's on Levy. He hired a passionate high maintenance manager who has high standards, can't be surprised that was problematic. And previously he hired a DOF from the epitome of a dodgy club who'd already had the book thrown at them. Now that's a problem. Quelle surprise.

I'm not going to full on catastrophize but I think it's because I actually can't be arsed at this point in time. Here we are again, no manager, no plan moving forwards but at least the players will happily take their wages and post a "we'll go again" message when they fudge it up whilst the season continues to be a dumpster fire.
Indeed. There could be a due diligence question to be answered.

Maybe Levy needs a bigger football circle of contacts himself, so he can run these things past them.

I'm sure they are, were and will be working on a plan, and today's Paratici ban will help push that in a certain direction.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day......

Indeed. There could be a due diligence question to be answered.

Maybe Levy needs a bigger football circle of contacts himself, so he can run these things past them.

I'm sure they are, were and will be working on a plan, and today's Paratici ban will help push that in a certain direction.

It's a new dawn, it's a new day......
And I’m feeling …

I’m not a catastrophe merchant either, but I do find the general mood music on here bizarre of late.

On the football side we are in a mess - yet again - unfortunately. It’s becoming a theme. Even the steady and sensible podcasts (such as View From the Lane) and the very reasonable Spurs media pundits (like Paul Hawksbee) see the handling of it all as a complete dog’s breakfast.

And yet there are still quite a few on GG who think the board are above having to explain things - which is now moving towards being plain weird for me.

The Paratici hostage video is simply the latest manifestation of a pretty blind approach to footballing (and PR) matters.

It begs the question, what actually has to happen before some begin to question the direction?

Last edited:
Back