• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Then IMO they're stupid for
A) listening
B) not being two steps ahead and feeling good about not listening (for once)
C) being absolutely tone deaf about the situation the man is in versus where we are as a club

FWIW I have not seen many complaining about his not being in announcement.

Sorry mate, I disagree.

I agree the video was dumb but I think the overreaction is way over the top.

I agree the video was dumb but I think the overreaction is way over the top.
It’s just the way of social media in the modern world and the way football media works now. Right now there are articles splashed everywhere about the sorry state of Spurs. Fast forward a couple of weeks (even a week) and the Paratici/Conte stories would have evaporated and replaced by one of the other big clubs issues. Actual serious things such as Greenwood etc, they still only had a few days of being the main talking point before being pushed aside for the latest ‘juicy’ story. No matter how big the story is, it’s not going to be trending for that long….

It’s just the way of social media in the modern world and the way football media works now. Right now there are articles splashed everywhere about the sorry state of Spurs. Fast forward a couple of weeks (even a week) and the Paratici/Conte stories would have evaporated and replaced by one of the other big clubs issues. Actual serious things such as Greenwood etc, they still only had a few days of being the main talking point before being pushed aside for the latest ‘juicy’ story. No matter how big the story is, it’s not going to be trending for that long….
Still nothing about the parteys an unnamed footballer and his rape victims have been having.

My reaction?
I don't like him, never really have, and have found the club's behaviour stupid. Bad enough not keeping him on the down low, but the statement yesterday? Ridiculous.

If your comment was a musing on the state of world media, then absolutely.

I agree in general. But this issue very much plays into the Levy in vs Levy out narrative and the idea that you either hate Levy want him out or you think he can do no wrong. As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle but the internet doesn't allow for that.

I think this Paratici thing is overblown. He'll either be sacked or he'll stick around. I imagine there's some very tricky legal things to get around here, which is why none of us (nor Jack Pitt-Brooke, who is generally an ok journo but seems to be kicking off massively about this) have any clue about what is truly happening behind the FIFA announcement, the club's statement and the video put out.

Tottenham Hotspur will still be here after Paratici's fate is decided, and things will get back to normal.

I agree in general. But this issue very much plays into the Levy in vs Levy out narrative and the idea that you either hate Levy want him out or you think he can do no wrong. As always, the truth is somewhere in the middle but the internet doesn't allow for that.

I think this Paratici thing is overblown. He'll either be sacked or he'll stick around. I imagine there's some very tricky legal things to get around here, which is why none of us (nor Jack Pitt-Brooke, who is generally an ok journo but seems to be kicking off massively about this) have any clue about what is truly happening behind the FIFA announcement, the clubs statement and the video put out.

Tottenham Hotspur will still be here after Paratici's fate is decided, and things will get back to normal.

Yeah, as the case may be. I don't pick sides, I don't choose controversies to get wound up by. Paratici has wound me up from the get/go. I am
about to read this Jack Pitt Brooke story which you've mentioned. All I know is this is being handled absurdly by the club..,IMO.

I care, because the people behind this mismanagement will remain. And whilst some of them remain, the same mistakes will potentially be made.

Is your issue that the club hired Paratici in the first place? Is it that he wasn't fired when he was first banned from Italian football?

How and why would Levy have known this was going to happen?

There has been questions about Juve’s transfer funding for years particularly when Ronaldo was signed. Levy would have had a keen interest in the mechanics of that.

Point is Levy should stick with him now as we are on this path. I have less of a problem mining the husk of Juventus for decent players- but would still sooner look elsewhere.

There has been questions about Juve’s transfer funding for years particularly when Ronaldo was signed. Levy would have had a keen interest in the mechanics of that.

If Levy knew Paratici would one day be banned from football then it would be absolutely idiotic to even contemplate hiring him. Levy's made mistakes but I don't think he's that dumb.

I think this Paratici thing is overblown. He'll either be sacked or he'll stick around. I imagine there's some very tricky legal things to get around here, which is why none of us (nor Jack Pitt-Brooke, who is generally an ok journo but seems to be kicking off massively about this) have any clue about what is truly happening behind the FIFA announcement, the club's statement and the video put out.

I agree with this, every thread seems to have a line drawn in the sand about levy in and out, even a quip on one about a falsehood that fans don't expect the club to explain things and for that reason are weird when the reality lies abit more in the middle. Fans want explanations but they don't demand them every month and live in the real world on how clubs act about things, ironically a month after the last update to the trust the club released a statement last night on Fab situation on the day they found out about the situation after some moaning they would not hear anything.

I think like you, if you break it down, things are not as bad as what people are making out and as proven on social media people are throwing in day to day things that happen at clubs (injuries) to try and fan the flames. The club announced their strategy Last month, since then the forms dropped and the cup situation has meant the manager has left, that happens in football. Added to that actions out of their hands with Fab from a time before his time at the club have meant they will review his roles at the club, considering we are mid season and his major role would be in the transfer market is it really as bad as being made out? There are also elements at play with legalities which others will always glean over to go for an overly simplistic view of "just get rid" or rewrite history and say we should never have signed him when they have never mentioned it before on this forum

The Kane situation is one which is hanging I agree, I want him to sign but I think we have our work cut out to do so. What I can't be having are those that said he "should leave to save his career" now saying "why have we not signed him on" which again feeds back into the idea that everything is somehow made that you are either pro or anti the board...

The thing I take some issue with is this ‘reputational damage’ we are alleged - largely by the media - to have suffered through all of this. To me, it’s extremely nebulous. What does that even mean? What are the implications? Can the impact be quantified? If so, how? Will people be less willing to deal with us? Will we get less from commercial deals? What does it mean?

I usually rate Jake Pitt Brooke’s analyses, but his latest one felt like a load of conjecture on his part and all it succeeds in doing is fanning the flames and giving the fanbase something to get irate about.

Speak to someone in the commercial world who has a view on the potential impact. Speak to agents and get a view on whether they’ll be less likely to deal with us. Ultimately, tell me the direct impact the Fab saga will have on us. While the club has undoubtedly handled it badly, I’m not convinced it will do much damage to us in the short or long term. I could be wrong.

Let’s see!

Back