• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Is it not the other way round? Typically in this scenario one would be banned from duties but still collect pay until the appeal.

We'll now get to see how well the club is run in terms of how quickly a new DoF comes in to the picture.

Sky are indeed reporting its the other way around but I think they are wrong.

Either way the club will stand by him until the appeals are ruled on.

He is banned pending appeal, so currently he is not banned until the appeal is heard and ruled on.

Surely FIFA wouldn’t extend a ban worldwide if it is under appeal. Surely they would see it as under appeal and say we will extend once that is heard. Under appeal or not, it’s too much of a distraction for the club put him on gardening leave of whatever but he clearly can’t be involved we need to move on.

Surely FIFA wouldn’t extend a ban worldwide if it is under appeal. Surely they would see it as under appeal and say we will extend once that is heard. Under appeal or not, it’s too much of a distraction for the club put him on gardening leave of whatever but he clearly can’t be involved we need to move on.
I disagree. FIFA will take the case on its merits from the Italian authorities. If the Italian authorities accept the appeal then FIFA would then consider that additional information presented in the appeal into consideration and overturn the ban

Fifa are a bunch of clowns so they wont know what they are doing or the implications.

I don’t believe Daniel will move him on until the appeals are ruled on.

Fifa are a bunch of clowns so they wont know what they are doing or the implications.

I don’t believe Daniel will move him on until the appeals are ruled on.
In this instance they are doing the right thing. The FA from one of their jurisdictions has banned him from football in their country of jurisdiction for serious financial irregularities. Whether or not there is an appeal against the ban should have no influence on whether the global jurisdiction for football decides to uphold that ban across their entire jurisdiction. In many ways it would be remiss of FIFA to continue to allow him to work.

It's clean slate time.

Yes, it could all work itself out, but under what time frame?

It brings uncertainty and planning problems at a time we could do without it.

With also needing a new manager, its an obvious (safest) time to have a re-think. A big upside was Paraticis being a good match with Conte. That's gone now. I think he's done a good job on transfers but not on manager recommendations.

It gives flexibility in conversations with new managers when discussing the set-up.

In this instance they are doing the right thing. The FA from one of their jurisdictions has banned him from football in their country of jurisdiction for serious financial irregularities. Whether or not there is an appeal against the ban should have no influence on whether the global jurisdiction for football decides to uphold that ban across their entire jurisdiction. In many ways it would be remiss of FIFA to continue to allow him to work.

It might be the right thing but that doesn’t mean fifa know what they are doing.

Their interest is money anything else they stick their finger in the air.

It might be the right thing but that doesn’t mean fifa know what they are doing.

Their interest is money anything else they stick their finger in the air.
In this instance though I would say they would seem to have done the right thing. They can be criticised for lots of things but not upholding a ban worldwide that one of their members has imposed at national level.

Also I don't believe that FIFA ever really "don't know what they're doing'. I think you have to pay more attention to your final sentence there and realise that FIFA know exactly what they are doing and their biggest aim is to make as much money as possible and they tend to do a good job achieving that core aim (they're like ENIC in some respects here).

In this instance though I would say they would seem to have done the right thing. They can be criticised for lots of things but not upholding a ban worldwide that one of their members has imposed at national level.

Also I don't believe that FIFA ever really "don't know what they're doing'. I think you have to pay more attention to your final sentence there and realise that FIFA know exactly what they are doing and their biggest aim is to make as much money as possible and they tend to do a good job achieving that core aim (they're like ENIC in some respects here).

Slight caveat, FIFA has no concerns about how/where that money comes from

I’m not sure they are that competent, more just beneficiaries of the privileged position they are in running an organisation that has far reaching power.

On the 'know what they're doing' discussion....

It does feel odd they only volunteered this development after being asked by a journalist.

(That's how it read in the article)

Back