• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2024 - The European Football Championship

Does potter bring with him better players?

We’ve got to two semi finals and a final in our last 4 tournaments. I’m not saying we’re clear favourites but we’re in a semi final now and none of the teams left in it are clearly better than us. Spain have been the most impressive team but that doesn’t mean they will go on to win it.

Can you imagine how thin skinned he would be with the press/social media after a loss or an underwhelming performance!
He wouldn't stand half of what Southgate has been through. Thankfully I’m sure this won’t happen - I'd be more worried about a Lampard type manager if I was English.

He’d likely only get a mid table job at a PL club. Maybe higher if he went and managed in Germany or Spain.

Yeah, but that's still levels above international football.

People moan about Southgate, but can you imagine being managed by a charlatan like Deschamps, Martinez or Koeman?

It's a retirement home for brick managers.

Yeah, but that's still levels above international football.

People moan about Southgate, but can you imagine being managed by a charlatan like Deschamps, Martinez or Koeman?

It's a retirement home for brick managers.

Nagelsmann isn’t a brick manager. Deschamps I would not want at Spurs. Martinez….i don’t know how he keeps getting these top jobs. Maybe it’s not as prestigious as managing Real Madrid but they’re still big jobs managing nations like Germany, England and France.

So just this tournament.

We drew slovakia.
We drew with slovenia.
We drew with denmark.
We beat serbia.
We drew with switzerland.

In the 90 mins.

And just this tournament.

We haven't lost a game.
We've won a penalty shoot-out.
We're in the semi-finals.

In all the minutes.

I haven't kept up with the French football media, but do you think they're hyper-critical of the fact that France are in a SF despite having not scored a goal from open play?

And just this tournament.

We haven't lost a game.
We've won a penalty shoot-out.
We're in the semi-finals.

In all the minutes.

I haven't kept up with the French football media, but do you think they're hyper-critical of the fact that France are in a SF despite having not scored a goal from open play?
France have been getting pelters in their media. Although saying that, Deschamps has trophies to keep them at bay somewhat. Winning ugly is fine until you stop winning, as Mourinho and Conte found out

Back