• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2024 - The European Football Championship

With all the blankets used to obscure him while he lay awaiting treatment, I thought he was about to be humanely put down.

It has to be said. By far, the SOFTEST athletes in professional sport are soccer players. Divers, fakers, poseurs.

I'm watching the NHL's Stanley Cup playoffs and guys are taking stitches to close cuts while on the bench and barely missing a shift. The Finals are a blast. Game 7 on Monday. Don't miss it.

Watches a bloke get carted off to hospital after a sickening clash, decides it makes all footballers soft.

As someone else explained, footballers don't dive because they're hurt. They dive to cheat. That doesn't make it any better, but you also sound no better than those kids at my high school in Sydney who used to call me a girl or a "fag" because I played football instead of rugby.

Fantastic finish, and so typical Italy, but man - poor Croatia. They fought so incredibly hard and would've deserved the win.
Real painful way to (almost certainly) go out. Always looked a tournament too far for them, stars getting older, some of them definitely over the top, some already retired. Next generation not nearly as good (so far at least). Had good periods, had solid periods, but not at the same level anymore.

Was great to see moments from Modric again. Love watching him play. A couple of years ago he never would have needed to be taken off and most likely would have helped them see that game out. Loss for words on him. What a player.

Watches a bloke get carted off to hospital after a sickening clash, decides it makes all footballers soft.

As someone else explained, footballers don't dive because they're hurt. They dive to cheat. That doesn't make it any better, but you also sound no better than those kids at my high school in Sydney who used to call me a girl or a "fag" because I played football instead of rugby.
To be fair to GWN I think those were two separate points.

Skill ages better than athleticism. I think that’s part of the reason why Modric is still playing at such a high level and Bale is retired. Obviously desire plays a part too but Modric could play another few years if he wanted too whereas Bale was explosive because of his pace. Not that he wasn’t ridiculously talented but not the same as Modric.

Skill ages better than athleticism. I think that’s part of the reason why Modric is still playing at such a high level and Bale is retired. Obviously desire plays a part too but Modric could play another few years if he wanted too whereas Bale was explosive because of his pace. Not that he wasn’t ridiculously talented but not the same as Modric.
Absolutely. Game intelligence too. Still playing and still playing regularly for Real Madrid at that age, incredibly impressive. Such a wonderful player, and like McFee says we were lucky to have him for a few years.

Always difficult to compare a player to him to great goalscorers, but an argument to be had that he was the best player we've had for decades. Not saying that's the case (not looking to have that particular argument either), but an argument could be made, he's that good.

Sounding like travel issues already for England fans in Cologne, it's been really abysmal so far and quite surprising as you would expect it to run well as it's in Germany

Sounding like travel issues already for England fans in Cologne, it's been really abysmal so far and quite surprising as you would expect it to run well as it's in Germany

Germanys transport isn't great from what i've heard. tinkles off the swiss i believe as they can't rely on trains coming from germany.

Germanys transport isn't great from what i've heard. tinkles off the swiss i believe as they can't rely on trains coming from germany.
Honestly… I’ve been to quite a lot of German stadiums on public transport and it’s been great

Issue here is overseas fans migrating from a central point at the same time and the timing of the games IMO

The Dutch are really rather poor
The Dutch were the better technical, and footballing team, Austria by far better physically, tactically and playing to their strengths. Not really surprising when the managers are Koeman and Ragnik. How Koeman has had so many prestigious jobs is beyond me.

Really need to be in that 2nd half of the knockouts....

Spain, Germany, France and Portugal so far on one side. Italy, Switzerland and Austria on the other

Back