• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Euro 2016 Warm Up Thread

Real shame for Reus, not the best news on your birthday! He barely looked like he put any effort in and still destroyed us, a loss for the competition that he'll not be there. Having said that I don't know how integral he was to the set up.

Somehow, can see this Euro being a boring tournament as are there too many small teams competing this time due to being expanded to 24 teams. Can see teams like Wales, Albania, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Iceland and Austria playing defensively to avoid getting humiliated.

Still feeling bitter about the "drone team" Albania playing in this tournament. They only qualified after creating riots against Serbia by flying a drone during the match and unfairly given a 3-0 win. They should have been banned from football instead and Denmark given their Euro ticket rightly. Wonder what UEFA will do if they fly the drone again during the Euro matches, especially against the host team France !

Might be some boring games early on as smaller teams might be desperate to avoid defeat to "stay in with a chance". On the other hand this is also true both for the World Cup and previous format of the Euros.

As always when there's a chance the gut reaction from most people is negative. For me we get to see some wonderful players that otherwise wouldn't be there, and for some of those smaller countries this is a great occasion. I also think there's a decent chance we'll see some tasty fixtures.

And I think you underestimate Austria.

Somehow, can see this Euro being a boring tournament as are there too many small teams competing this time due to being expanded to 24 teams. Can see teams like Wales, Albania, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Iceland and Austria playing defensively to avoid getting humiliated.

Still feeling bitter about the "drone team" Albania playing in this tournament. They only qualified after creating riots against Serbia by flying a drone during the match and unfairly given a 3-0 win. They should have been banned from football instead and Denmark given their Euro ticket rightly. Wonder what UEFA will do if they fly the drone again during the Euro matches, especially against the host team France !

Well how very well dare you ;) perhaps that drone should've been my avatar!

I do agree that the tournament is to big though - the expansion makes zero sense at all in footballing terms so I can only guess it's been done for extra commercial revenue for UEFA. I really don't like to see rules like the 3rd best side goes through as they're all playing different opposition and in different goups so I don't feel like the best actually go through.

If you're going to expand it from 16 double it to 32 so at least there's a fair format that no one can complain about.

Pretty much picking "small" teams from random there and doing them down.
Austria and Northern Ireland won their groups. In fact most of the teams there play decent football.

Rather watch them that that defensive dutch team last time out. Or the boring defensive Spanish team that kept the ball just to have it and only showed that could actually play in the final.

I dont care how many talented players they have this Belgian 'team' is brick. 1 clean sheet in 10 games now.

Vertonghen special there just as I'm typing this.

What a goal by Veton Berisha for Norway vs Belgium! Norway 2-1 up in Brussels. Belgium defence with Alderweireld and Vertongen as CB looking very shaky indeed!

Norway is crap, so no real measure, but judging by this game, Belgium aren't going to do much damage in the euros.

Anyone who takes notice of what goes on in pre-tournament games and makes predictions on what is going to happen when the real thing start are fooling themselves.

Anyone who takes notice of what goes on in pre-tournament games and makes predictions on what is going to happen when the real thing start are fooling themselves.

But Croatia beat San Marino 10-0 yesterday!
Belgium will do nothing based on get 1 point from 6 against the only other decent team in their qualifying group, how brick they were in the world cup, the injuries they have at the back and the complete lack of full backs in the country.

But Croatia beat San Marino 10-0 yesterday!
Belgium will do nothing based on get 1 point from 6 against the only other decent team in their qualifying group, how brick they were in the world cup, the injuries they have at the back and the complete lack of full backs in the country.

Well I would rather wait and see what happens when the real games start, I am not just talking about Belgium but all teams. A lot of teams are playing with formations before the real work starts. As I say its foolish ( imo) to write off teams on a couple of friendlys but whatever floats you boat.

1987.jpg

Back