• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Re: Daniel Levy isn't stupid...

That's just a natural occurance - the idea that that is why we have a DoF is what is absurd.

Commoli was sacked and Baldini has had two summer transfer windows - it's as though people just get an idea in their head about something and twist everything to suit their agenda - One minute Levys a ruthless trigger happy ogre and the next he's happy to keep someone on the payroll and in a position of power despite (supposedly) doing a **** job - why on earth would he do that ffs :lol:

it's clear as day that Levy wants someone in a role to link managment with the board and bring a semblence of continuity and forward planning - a football man who is better at those things than he, it really is as simple as that

I'm not against a DOF, provided he goes out and signs players the manager wants. Or the DOF suggests players and the manager gets final say. I don't think it's a good thing when players are signed against a manager's wishes.

EDIT: I also don't think it's on for Levy to "suggest" that AVB play Adebayor but I'm a bit old school in that respect.

I'm not against a DOF, provided he goes out and signs players the manager wants. Or the DOF suggests players and the manager gets final say. I don't think it's a good thing when players are signed against a manager's wishes.

EDIT: I also don't think it's on for Levy to "suggest" that AVB play Adebayor but I'm a bit old school in that respect.

We might, for reasons largely beyond our control, have failed to sign some of our managers' first choices but I don't know of any players who were signed specifically against our managers' wishes.

We might, for reasons largely beyond our control, have failed to sign some of our managers' first choices but I don't know of any players who were signed specifically against our managers' wishes.

Didn't AVB say (or at least it was strongly rumoured to be the case) that he only wanted 3 of the 7 players we signed last summer? Soldado, Paulinho and Capoue were the 3 he supposedly wanted. At least his hands are clean when it comes to Chiriches :lol:

AVB hinted after the Liverpool defeat that he was dealing with Baldini and Levy's signings - and not his own.

When asked whether the players were ones he wanted to work with, Villas-Boas replied: "I’m not sure if I can make it public.

"We have worked hard to build a strong team and we have a strong team and we are happy with the signings."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...Spurs-not-Lamela-Chadli-Eriksen-and-Chiriches

Last edited:

Didn't AVB say (or at least it was strongly rumoured to be the case) that he only wanted 3 of the 7 players we signed last summer? Soldado, Paulinho and Capoue were the 3 he supposedly wanted. At least his hands are clean when it comes to Chiriches :lol:

AVB hinted after the Liverpool defeat that he was dealing with Baldini and Levy's signings - and not his own.

When asked whether the players were ones he wanted to work with, Villas-Boas replied: "I’m not sure if I can make it public.

"We have worked hard to build a strong team and we have a strong team and we are happy with the signings."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...Spurs-not-Lamela-Chadli-Eriksen-and-Chiriches

I can accept that only three of the players signed might have been his choices. But that doesn't mean that the four others were specifically against his wishes - which was the accusation.

As I said, one of the rumoured problems with AVB is that he handed the club a somewhat unrealistic (or at the very least, challenging) list of first choice signings and despite requests to do so, didn't come up with a plan B or C, should that prove necessary.

I can accept that only three of the players signed might have been his choices. But that doesn't mean that the four others were specifically against his wishes - which was the accusation.

As I said, one of the rumoured problems with AVB is that he handed the club a somewhat unrealistic (or at the very least, challenging) list of first choice signings and despite requests to do so, didn't come up with a plan B or C, should that prove necessary.

Well, we have to make up our minds up as to the quotes above. I don't think it's a good thing that it's not 100% clear to everybody whose signings they were. But it was widely reported that AVB did not want Eriksen, Chadli, Chiriches or Lamela.

I agree his targets were unrealstic, no harm in shooting for the stars, but at least have backups in your mind and not depend solely on signing x player in order to be successful.

Well, we have to make up our minds up as to the quotes above. I don't think it's a good thing that it's not 100% clear to everybody whose signings they were. But it was widely reported that AVB did not want Eriksen, Chadli, Chiriches or Lamela.

I agree his targets were unrealstic, no harm in shooting for the stars, but at least have backups in your mind and not depend solely on signing x player in order to be successful.

I think the players AVB wanted and didn't want change depending on the agenda of the person making up that rumour.

It could be said that his targets were unrealistic, but then it's probably fair to say that they were realistic given the challenge of competing for 4th. If you look at the players we'd have to compete against to challenge the regular top 4, I don't think the players we were after would stand out as superstars in any of those teams.

I think the players AVB wanted and didn't want change depending on the agenda of the person making up that rumour.

It could be said that his targets were unrealistic, but then it's probably fair to say that they were realistic given the challenge of competing for 4th. If you look at the players we'd have to compete against to challenge the regular top 4, I don't think the players we were after would stand out as superstars in any of those teams.

Like I said in a previous post, it was widely reported by various media outlets, most of whom don't like AVB and have it in for him if you listen to most GG posters so it seems odd they would all of a sudden stick up for him.

Well Hulk may not be an elite player, but he is MASSIVELY overrated and overpriced, he went to Zenit for 60 million Euros! Moutinho was a realistic and gettable target but didn't that come down to 3rd party ownership?

Like I said in a previous post, it was widely reported by various media outlets, most of whom don't like AVB and have it in for him if you listen to most GG posters so it seems odd they would all of a sudden stick up for him.

Well Hulk may not be an elite player, but he is MASSIVELY overrated and overpriced, he went to Zenit for 60 million Euros! Moutinho was a realistic and gettable target but didn't that come down to 3rd party ownership?

It was reported on the night with Moutinho that after everything was agreed the third party got greedy and suddenly wanted a lot more for their share. Levy (quite rightly IMO) told them to stick it. That's if you believe the on the scene reporting from SSN (the only real source at the time).

Hulk was overpriced, but I can't imagine that AVB expected him to be selling for that price when he was put on the wishlist - I don't think any sane person would have expected him to go for that money.

Willian was clearly a reasonable target too as that so nearly came off.

I think there's a responsibility of the manager to get the team playing as more than the sum of their parts - we will never properly compete financially with the others and any Spurs manager will have to accept that. Equally, I think that most managers would expect the three players listed above to be within our means (until Zenit waved silly money about) and our team would have looked far better for having got them.

It was reported on the night with Moutinho that after everything was agreed the third party got greedy and suddenly wanted a lot more for their share. Levy (quite rightly IMO) told them to stick it. That's if you believe the on the scene reporting from SSN (the only real source at the time).

Hulk was overpriced, but I can't imagine that AVB expected him to be selling for that price when he was put on the wishlist - I don't think any sane person would have expected him to go for that money.

Willian was clearly a reasonable target too as that so nearly came off.

I think there's a responsibility of the manager to get the team playing as more than the sum of their parts - we will never properly compete financially with the others and any Spurs manager will have to accept that. Equally, I think that most managers would expect the three players listed above to be within our means (until Zenit waved silly money about) and our team would have looked far better for having got them.

Willian was unfortunate.

Re Hulk, you can instantly add £10-15m the asking price if the players happens to be Brazilian.

Holy time-tunnel thread Batman

Haven't these discussions about the DoF, ENIC's investments and old managers been done to death enough times for you

Surely you can Google this thread and find it 17 times already and just read it all again from 2008?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
[h=1]Daniel Levy will tear up Tottenham scouting plans after squandering £86m from sale of Gareth Bale[/h]
  • Daniel Levy deeply unhappy with the performance of the team this season
  • Tottenham chairman still backing head coach Mauricio Pochettino
  • Spurs squandered vast sums on Paulinho, Nacer Chadli, Roberto Soldado, Etienne Capoue, Vlad Chiriches, Erik Lamela and Christian Eriksen

its in the press now. true story or just an idea picked up from this forum?

Sometimes I think we must be, to keep coming back season after season for yet another slap in the face with a wet kipper :)

We finish about the level we should - we are probably the 5th or 6th biggest / best team in the league. Would be great to win a few cups, but what more do we expect?

I am just happy we tend to have at least one or two top quality players in the team before they are sold - hope we have one come through this season as it looks a little weak at the moment.

Back