• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

But they haven't, they have always voted to clamp down on these things, it's the authorities that haven't acted. Clubs vote its not then their jobs to enforce

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk
They vote
And then do nothing
It’s turkeys voting for Christmas

They vote
And then do nothing
It’s turkeys voting for Christmas
Again, it's not then the clubs responsibility to the rules they vote for. And if they were self serving as you suggest they wouldn't even vote the rules through

They are the clubs not the authority

Let’s see where that ends up
Indeed but if it ends up nowhere that's not on the clubs, it's on the panel and legal. Clubs vote for stricter regulations on finance and spending then it sits with the regulators to enforce it.

Indeed but if it ends up nowhere that's not on the clubs, it's on the panel and legal. Clubs vote for stricter regulations on finance and spending then it sits with the regulators to enforce it.

they are about as regulated and governed as the Conservative Party

100%
No spurs fan takes their kids to West Ham or another club
Especially as it’s a substandard product
I know quite a few people who migrated to London from Scotland, Wales or Northern England that got STs for themselves and their kids at West Ham due to the relatively low cost. The adults supported other teams but now have a reasonable ‘second team’ type affiliation to West Ham. The kids all support West Ham as their first team…. A good number of those kids are now at or soon heading to a Russell Group (at worst) level university.

Last edited:
I agree with alot of that, I do also believe though that there is a different dynamic on owners though as you can't really sack them, you need a viable exit plan for a new owner based on them wanting the club and being well heeled enough to buy it, that means there is a certain element of howling at the moon when it comes to it to some extent IMO

I’m fine with ENIC staying as owners, I would just like ENIC to bring in somebody better than Levy as chairman.

In a lot of his past positions, including CFG, one of his primary responsibilities was commercial expansion, sponsorships, and corporate partnerships. That's where his primary experience is in and I'm guessing this is one of the main reasons why Levy appointed him.
But that sounds like anything but the ‘football’ side of things, when his job title specifically included the word ‘football’.

if you are right though then it sounds as though there should be nothing left for Levy to do and he can stop being paid his £3.5m a year salary.

I know quite a few people who migrated to London from Scotland, Wales or Northern England that got STs for themselves and their kids at West Ham due to the relatively low cost. The adults supported other teams but now have a reasonable ‘second team’ type affiliation to West Ham. The kids all support West Ham as their first team…. A good number of those kids are now at or h\soon heading to a Russell Group (at worst) level university.
Yep
So they will bin football off and play rugger
And they are not the fans that he was referring too
His post was talking about fans of clubs like Tottenham going to see West Ham because it’s
Cheap …

Why on earth would they bin football off and play rugby?!?
Better upbringing. Spending their late teens around better people.

They won't want to spend their weekends amongst people who own "going out" sportswear.

Tottenham, on the other hand, have excellent corporate facilities where one can attend matches without having to do so. Even the fans in the normal seats are of a far higher pedigree than at West Ham.

Better upbringing. Spending their late teens around better people.

They won't want to spend their weekends amongst people who own "going out" sportswear.

Tottenham, on the other hand, have excellent corporate facilities where one can attend matches without having to do so. Even the fans in the normal seats are of a far higher pedigree than at West Ham.
You really are a snob aren't you?

But that sounds like anything but the ‘football’ side of things, when his job title specifically included the word ‘football’.

if you are right though then it sounds as though there should be nothing left for Levy to do and he can stop being paid his £3.5m a year salary.
He also has experience with the football side of things. But his primary expertise is in commercial development. The important thing is that he has a good understanding of the football side and a really good eye for the right football people to appoint under him.

And, as much as you would like Levy to bugger off, there will be plenty of work to be done in expanding the revenue-generating opportunities. I can see Munn and Levy working hand-in-hand on that front and having an additional person to help him would allow us to close more deals sooner. There is no one else I would want to have heading that than Levy. We all agree that football operations are not his thing, but doesn't mean he's horrible at everything to the point that he should just get out of the club altogether.

He also has experience with the football side of things. But his primary expertise is in commercial development. The important thing is that he has a good understanding of the football side and a really good eye for the right football people to appoint under him.

And, as much as you would like Levy to bugger off, there will be plenty of work to be done in expanding the revenue-generating opportunities. I can see Munn and Levy working hand-in-hand on that front and having an additional person to help him would allow us to close more deals sooner. There is no one else I would want to have heading that than Levy. We all agree that football operations are not his thing, but doesn't mean he's horrible at everything to the point that he should just get out of the club altogether.
I thought we already appointed a new Chief Commercial Officer (Todd Kline) two years or so ago?

I don't get why you think that the new 'Chief Football Officer' will be doing things that would seem to sit in the Chief Commercial Officer's remit?

Back