• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Given that we currently sell out as easily as we do, there's a strong argument that we don't charge nearly enough.
One way of thinking
Or the alternative is the club makes plenty of money on match days because the pricing is relevant for the market.
One guy actually said in the toilets at half time “I pay a grand to come here for cheap beer”
That made me laugh

One way of thinking
Or the alternative is the club makes plenty of money on match days because the pricing is relevant for the market.
One guy actually said in the toilets at half time “I pay a grand to come here for cheap beer”
That made me laugh
If there's a market that will pay more than the current one then we should price ourselves for that one.

Whichever route maximises revenue as that's the best for the team.

Not necessarily. If parents can't afford to take their kids and it's only single blokes going we'll lose a generation of fans.

And that sort of attitude really is treating us as customers rather than fans. I know there is an economic reality here but you can’t treat fans of a club exactly like Tesco treat customers.

Levy has done a reasonable job so far in terms of how he’s managed this in my view. I don’t feel as scalped in the stadium as much as I do in bars like Number 8 for example.

Not necessarily. If parents can't afford to take their kids and it's only single blokes going we'll lose a generation of fans.

My experience with matchdays is they are way more parents with their kids now than they ever were at WHL.

And that's acknowledging the tickets are expensive, lots of people in the UK with money

You were talking off increasing the price to maximise revenue. I'm just saying that could have a detrimental effect if you price out parents taking their kids.
I understand what you're saying, but there are plenty of parents who could afford to take their kids if prices doubled or even tripled.

I'm not convinced it's all that relevant anyway. Kids can watch Spurs almost every week without needing their parents to take them to matches. The fan base comes from branding and global exposure now.

I understand what you're saying, but there are plenty of parents who could afford to take their kids if prices doubled or even tripled.

I'm not convinced it's all that relevant anyway. Kids can watch Spurs almost every week without needing their parents to take them to matches. The fan base comes from branding and global exposure now.

Come on Scara, don't you know by now, people with money can't be real fans?

p.s. (as people don't get humour some days), @Lilbaz not poking at you specifically but there is weird class issue in this country re what it takes to be a fan

Come on Scara, don't you know by now, people with money can't be real fans?

p.s. (as people don't get humour some days), @Lilbaz not poking at you specifically but there is weird class issue in this country re what it takes to be a fan

Conversely there’s a weird sub-group on this forum who go along with everything ENIC do. You have to wonder what they can do before people start questioning them. Almost like they support ENIC more than the club itself.

Conversely there’s a weird sub-group on this forum who go along with everything ENIC do. You have to wonder what they can do before people start questioning them. Almost like they support ENIC more than the club itself.

Of course you can/could turn that round and say there is a wierd sub-group on this forum who are always bitching about Levy and the club. Takes two to tango.;)

I think those with the knives out for ENIC see anything that tries to explain the way they operate and the actions they have taken as going along with everything they do. It's like there is no middle ground: you're either "ENIC out" or you're in bed with ENIC. Given how polarized our society is today, I can't say I'm surprised. People don't take the time to read and understand other people's arguments and just latch on to the fact that someone is countering the argument they're making to paint him or her with a broad brush.

Of course you can/could turn that round and say there is a wierd sub-group on this forum who are always bitching about Levy and the club.;)

And the occasional ones who paint themselves as oracles floating above modern football discussion, and who think they have a special insight into how ‘real’ Spurs fans feel. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Of course you can/could turn that round and say there is a wierd sub-group on this forum who are always bitching about Levy and the club. Takes two to tango.;)

I think a lot of the criticism is valid personally, IMO they’ve got more things wrong than right in the last 5 years. That doesn’t mean they haven’t done many good things overall but football is a results business and a ‘what have you done for me lately’ industry. Players and managers get sacked regardless of their past achievements if they continually get things wrong. The same principle should apply to levy and our owners.

There are plenty of parents that can't afford to. So they take them to watch west ham instead.

I think those with the knives out for ENIC see anything that tries to explain the way they operate and the actions they have taken as going along with everything they do. It's like there is no middle ground: you're either "ENIC out" or you're in bed with ENIC. Given how polarized our society is today, I can't say I'm surprised. People don't take the time to read and understand other people's arguments and just latch on to the fact that someone is countering the argument they're making to paint him or her with a broad brush.

It really is.
It's why I have stopped posting on a different site as you couldn't say anything... In any thread with out people making it about Levy.

But it's amazing how they shout about it on line, but none seem to turn up to the protests.

And the occasional ones who paint themselves as oracles floating above modern football discussion, and who think they have a special insight into how ‘real’ Spurs fans feel. :rolleyes:

Well you know what they say about opinions dont you? They are like arseholes everyone has got one. :p

Back