• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

This is where you get lost in your dislike for ENIC/Levy

- Yes, Chelsea and City killed our chances of truly competing for trophies under ENIC's (self sustaining) model
- No, business wise, no one in world football has competed with them, these guys bought a club for <£50M (the price of a mid tier player now) and 22 years later it's worth in excess of £3.5B- £4B with almost £1.5B in property assets.

Chelsea lost almost a £1M/week under RA's tenure, they have just spent £70M+ to have Brighton's manager for half a season and to be out of the top 10 after spending >£400M in players. That's not ambition, that's just throwing money away (and yes, unfortunately that is what it takes to compete)

We (me included) may not like the lack of trophies Levy's tenure has brought, but to say he's not good at business is completely laughable mate. If you turn <£50M into £4B, believe me when I tell you, none of the owners/investors give a rats ass if the fans are unhappy or what brick the media prints.

We all love Dubai but he has this hate for Levy and he has him in is nightmares and is obsessed with him. All fans know Levy has made mistakes ( just like every person has during their life) but as i say he is obsessed with him and drives any sensiable discussion out of the question when it come to ENIC and especially Levy.

Its a pity because when he holds back on the hate, hyperbole he has about him he makes some good points about our club.

We all love Dubai but he has this hate for Levy and he has him in is nightmares and is obsessed with him. All fans know Levy has made mistakes ( just like every person has during their life) but as i say he is obsessed with him and drives any sensiable discussion out of the question when it come to ENIC and especially Levy.

Its a pity because when he holds back on the hate, hyperbole he has about him he makes some good points about our club.

That's the problem. People can't have a constructive conversation these days. Can't say, these are the problems or mistakes we've made. How do we rectify them going forward? What do we need?

It's waa waa. They're destroying my club, it was raining today that's levys fault. I stubbed my toe, fuuuck yooou! I wanna trophy. I want you to buy the players i want, if you don't i'll hate whoever you did buy...

It's not just stability. How much is cl worth? £60-100m? Are we more likely to get that with kane or without?

So how much does levy think he is worth for next season? Even if we lose him for free the next summer.

He's on £200k a week. Up to £300k with bonuses (a lot cl or scoring). So anyone getting him will have to pay a good transfer fee. Then big wages.

Can't see him leaving the prem. Not with shearers record on the line.

So who is going to pay what levy would want? For a 30 year old.
Well, United did pay 60 million for a 30-year old Casemiro, so paying somewhere in that realm and perhaps 20-25% more than that would not be out of the realm of possibility. The only out-and-out CF they have right now is an on loan Woot Woot and that is an area that they will be targeting. The question is, would they go for Kane, or spend a little more and get Osimhen?

Another twist is whether United make CL. Assuming we make CL at their expense, would Kane go to them this summer or rather wait and go on a free next summer? Will they have gotten Osimhen, in the meantime, meaning Kane would probably not be getting all the minutes he wants?

And if Kane does stay one extra year, will the team have improved significantly under the new manager making Spurs an attractive option for him again?

There are a lot of permutations to a Kane transfer that make it a really difficult one to predict.

That's the problem. People can't have a constructive conversation these days. Can't say, these are the problems or mistakes we've made. How do we rectify them going forward? What do we need?

It's waa waa. They're destroying my club, it was raining today that's levys fault. I stubbed my toe, fuuuck yooou! I wanna trophy. I want you to buy the players i want, if you don't i'll hate whoever you did buy...

You mean that they have spat their dummys out.? ;)

Well, United did pay 60 million for a 30-year old Casemiro, so paying somewhere in that realm and perhaps a 20-25% more than that would not be out of the realm of possibility. The only out-and-out CF they have right now is an on loan Woot Woot and that is an area that they will be targeting. The question is, would they go for Kane, or spend a little more and get Osimhen?

Another twist is whether United make CL. Assuming we make CL at their expense, would Kane go to them this summer or rather wait and go on a free next summer? Will they have gotten Osimhen, in the meantime, meaning Kane would probably not be getting all the minutes he wants?

There are a lot of permutations to a Kane transfer that make it a really difficult one to predict.

We could finish above them this season. Ronaldo has slagged them off for the infrastucture and not updating their facilities in 20 years. Yes they won a league cup and are utd. But are they that much of a draw?

Well, United did pay 60 million for a 30-year old Casemiro, so paying somewhere in that realm and perhaps 20-25% more than that would not be out of the realm of possibility. The only out-and-out CF they have right now is an on loan Woot Woot and that is an area that they will be targeting. The question is, would they go for Kane, or spend a little more and get Osimhen?

And if Kane does stay one extra year, will the team have improved significantly under the new manager making Spurs an attractive option for him again?

The considerations for the Kane staying/going
1. We're likely to receive £80-100m (or at least want that)
2. Are we happy to forgo that income and be happy with him giving us another season but going on a free?
3. Levy appears to be dead against selling to a direct competitor
4. If that means abroad only, I'm not sure Kane wants that.
5 Further to that point and generally, he and his wife are expecting a new baby.
6. The new manager and DofF will certainly play into his decision.
7. Playing CL again will help

Kane has to want to leave now rather than at the end of his contract too don't forget.

Personally i think he's here next year and there's a small chance he extends should the new manager hit it off.

2. Are we happy to forgo that income and be happy with him giving us another season but going on a free?
5 Further to that point and generally, he and his wife are expecting a new baby.

Personally i would keep him next season then let him go on a free. He didn't cost us anything, let him make a fortune.

Or offer him a £20m signing on fee. £400k wages. 4 year deal. Would be cheaper for us than what another club would spend on him.

8. The 'Ronaldo rule' £200k a week salary cap at United. de Gea is about to accept almost halving his wages to be able to stay on.

Kane has to want to leave now rather than at the end of his contract too don't forget.

Personally i think he's here next year and there's a small chance he extends should the new manager hit it off.
That is a possibility. It's never been about money for Kane, just Spurs being contenders.

If we are, there could be 6, 3 months left on his contract and he'd sign.

Out of interest...How late did Salah leave it to sign a new contract at Liverpool?

Back