• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

As for another club, Liverpool is actually a decent example - they got Hicks and Gillett out, got FSG in, revolutionized the club and won the league and CL. New owners can utterly transform clubs, give them hope, a purpose, a new direction.

ENIC leaving would have that effect on us, I believe.
FSG gave them Hodgson , clubman Daglish and Rodgers for the first 5 years. So you might have to be patient.

I feel crushed. Lol.

See? We can agree on something after all. ;)

FSG gave them Hodgson , clubman Daglish and Rodgers for the first 5 years. So you might have to be patient.

I waited 23 years for one League Cup under these blokes, so it won't hurt much. Win more than a single League Cup in 23 years and they are automatically better than the ENIC ever were. Win the PL and CL, as FSG did, and they'd be immortal at Spurs.

Liverpool fans didn't get hicks and gillet out. It was the financial crash. The banks were over leveraged, they missed a payment. The banks seized them and sold them off for what they were owed in order to have liquidity.

Don't disagree, but that wasn't my point - that whole ownership change happened too quickly for any substantive fan action. Point was, as a club, going from H+G to FSG transformed their fortunes. Going from ENIC to literally anyone aiming to win us a pot or two would do the same for us.

Don't disagree, but that wasn't my point - that whole ownership change happened too quickly for any substantive fan action. Point was, as a club, going from H+G to FSG transformed their fortunes. Going from ENIC to literally anyone aiming to win us a pot or two would do the same for us.

I've said previously that i'd like new owners, that levy should step down now. But lets not rewrite history and pretend we were some massive club before they arrived stuffing our trophy cabinet full.

I've said previously that i'd like new owners, that levy should step down now. But lets not rewrite history and pretend we were some massive club before they arrived stuffing our trophy cabinet full.

Sure, we weren't the biggest. But we were, as I recall, 4th on the list of most trophies won, heading into the dawn of the PL era.

We had a bad decade in the 1990s, but still won two trophies at the start and end of it. We've won less under ENIC than we did while nearly going bankrupt and hovering around mid-table under Scholar and Sugar - over a longer timeframe, too.

We were the record holders of the FA Cup once. Not anymore. We were the only club in London to have won European trophies of note once. Not anymore. There's an awful lot we traded for the steady eddie ENIC approach.

We were usually in with a shout with competitions up until the mid to late 80's

Sure, we weren't the biggest. But we were, as I recall, 4th on the list of most trophies won, heading into the dawn of the PL era.

We had a bad decade in the 1990s, but still won two trophies at the start and end of it. We've won less under ENIC than we did while nearly going bankrupt and hovering around mid-table under Scholar and Sugar - over a longer timeframe, too.

We were the record holders of the FA Cup once. Not anymore. We were the only club in London to have won European trophies of note once. Not anymore. There's an awful lot we traded for the steady eddie ENIC approach.

We were the record holders of the facup for 2 years. We lost that record well before enic took over.
We were the only club in london to win aeuropean trophy till arsenal won the fairs cup in 1969. Again well before enic.

No doubt, big difference being that we had genuinely solid teams that earned their stripes, not just luck and sweating to get by.

They say the league doesn't lie. Our average league position over the last decade or so is the highest it's ever been. Even with the massive financial doping of city and chelsea. So the team seems to be strong. We've just not done it in finals. Which i'm not to sure how you can blame enic for that.

They say the league doesn't lie. Our average league position over the last decade or so is the highest it's ever been. Even with the massive financial doping of city and chelsea. So the team seems to be strong. We've just not done it in finals. Which i'm not to sure how you can blame enic for that.

I'm not blaming anyone actually in just saying that we have been off the mark
Perhaps the pressures of getting into the top four has clouded any cup success.

RBS (or any other Bank) would never have put them out of business. The bank's aim is to ensure they lose as little money as possible.
Can't quite remember the timeline, but weren't RBS partly owned by the government at that time. If so, it's just luck Boris wasn't in charge...I'm sure he'd of pulled out all the stops to save the scousers:D

We were usually in with a shout with competitions up until the mid to late 80's

No doubt, big difference being that we had genuinely solid teams that earned their stripes, not just luck and sweating to get by.

Perhaps if two doped up previous arsewipe yo yo teams hadn't turned up we might of picked up 1 or more of the 30 odd trophies they've hoovered up?

Back