• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I’m more impressed with the organisation that Paratici has started to put in place beneath the first squad. We are actually starting to have a scouting and recruitment structure befitting of a big club. I worry that Paratici will go and we’ll revert to a small, cheap, low quality structure again.

Arnesen put in a structure, as did baldini, comoli, mitchell... what makes this one better than the others?

Arnesen put in a structure, as did baldini, comoli, mitchell... what makes this one better than the others?
Arnesen was top class, we should’ve vastly increased his salary and not let Chelsea have him.

Comolli mainly relied on Pro-zone.

Baldini had a lot of contacts in the game but didn’t really put in much of a recruitment team at Spurs.

Paratici had been really overhauling things and we now have a much bigger (and better) scouting and recruiting team.

Last edited:
Arnesen was top class, we should’ve vastly increased his salary and not let Chelsea have him.

Comolli mainly relied on Pro-zone.

Baldini had a lot of contacts in the game but didn’t really put in much of a recruitment team at Spurs.

Paratici had been really overhauling things and we now have a much bigger (and better) recruiting team.

Proof is in the pudding.

Yep, its so bad being run by them, we have not progressed at all in the 20 years they have been here and i wish we would go back to how we were before they took over.

Not saying it’s been all bad but they’ve been in charge for more than 20 years and I think it’s time for a change and I’m fed up with being run by people who prioritise money over trophies.

Cool
Can you find someone with £4b please to buy the club

Let's hope Jim Ratcliffe, some consortium of Americans or some sheikh rescues us soon, mate. This grinding quarter-century of crushed hopes is coming to an end, one way or another - I just hope it's soon.

Let's hope Jim Ratcliffe, some consortium of Americans or some sheikh rescues us soon, mate. This grinding quarter-century of crushed hopes is coming to an end, one way or another - I just hope it's soon.

Quarter of a century? Ok fa cup win. But we had almost a decade of crushed hopes before that. Almost 40 years.

Are you mistaking us for some other club like liverpool that have had hopes fulfilled? Most clubs/fans would love to have been in the champions league 5 out of the last 7 years. 25 years ago that would include spurs fans.

Reactions: DTA

Hate to burst your bubble because I kind of agree with you. But Levy ain't going nowhere, those sort never do. No one can force him our and he don't give a brick about your opinion.

Hate to burst your bubble because I kind of agree with you. But Levy ain't going nowhere, those sort never do. No one can force him our and he don't give a brick about your opinion.

Sort of agree with you in that I think Levy will try to cling on like a barnacle.

But these rich types don't tend to like not having control over their assets, and I doubt someone like, say, Jim Ratcliffe, who built a giant petrochemical empire worth tens of billions, would consent to his club being run by some bloke whose only experience outside of Spurs was his Mr.Byrite discount clothing store.

Levy has done absolutely nothing to warrant the confidence of an owner richer than him that he's the one to lead us to success.

Be careful you might tinkle them off and they'll ask for £5bn. Cause they hate the club and it's fans and want to see it destroyed.

Ffs.

Nah - Lewis wants his price, he doesn't care about the club one way or another. If we fell to League 2, I doubt he'd notice.

Levy...there's enough reports out there now that he wants to stay on as a condition of any sale. Which would be utterly ridiculous, since what rich and ambitious owner would consent to his (or her, or their) club being run by some above-average trophyless wonder when they can appoint their own man/woman to that job?

And on our end, how would that help us? Whole point of new owners is to actually get us to win things, which Levy is incapable of ever doing. It would be a lingering miasma having him hang around, amidst the joy of a takeover.

But, he seems to want to stay anyway - maybe because we're all he's got, and he doesn't have long left to spend his billions post-sale anyway. That, I would argue, is actually him not giving a crap about the club over his own legacy.

Quarter of a century? Ok fa cup win. But we had almost a decade of crushed hopes before that. Almost 40 years.

Are you mistaking us for some other club like liverpool that have had hopes fulfilled? Most clubs/fans would love to have been in the champions league 5 out of the last 7 years. 25 years ago that would include spurs fans.

Yep. Most fans want to see us win things, and CL footy itself has never been portrayed, even by ENIC's supporters, as an end in itself - most folks (maybe you as well, I can't be sure) have portrayed it as a means to an end, to make us more competitive on the trophy front. But we have miserably failed in that.

If the club openly declared 'our aim is 4th place', how do you think it would be received? There's your answer.

As for another club, Liverpool is actually a decent example - they got Hicks and Gillett out, got FSG in, revolutionized the club and won the league and CL. New owners can utterly transform clubs, give them hope, a purpose, a new direction.

ENIC leaving would have that effect on us, I believe.

Yep. Most fans want to see us win things, and CL footy itself has never been portrayed, even by ENIC's supporters, as an end in itself - most folks (maybe you as well, I can't be sure) have portrayed it as a means to an end, to make us more competitive on the trophy front. But we have miserably failed in that.

If the club openly declared 'our aim is 4th place', how do you think it would be received? There's your answer.

As for another club, Liverpool is actually a decent example - they got Hicks and Gillett out, got FSG in, revolutionized the club and won the league and CL. New owners can utterly transform clubs, give them hope, a purpose, a new direction.

ENIC leaving would have that effect on us, I believe.

Liverpool fans didn't get hicks and gillet out. It was the financial crash. The banks were over leveraged, they missed a payment. The banks seized them and sold them off for what they were owed in order to have liquidity.

Back