• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Speculation. He didn't actually buy him so you're trusting that the press stories were accurate. Maybe the club had decided to buy Rodon as number 1 priority and thus the money to also buy Min Jae was not available. Also consider that maybe if you're committing yourself to buying Rodon; a young and upcoming CB that you might think is ready to play you're not going to also buy Min Jae who you probably think is the inferior player anyway. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Rodon was a last minute transfer - always thought it was because Skriniar was the managers prefered target and at 40 odd mil proved too much with the money spent elsewhere that summer, sowe moved on to a potential/club signing to boost numbers. Like i say i find it hard to believe that at 3m Levy/the club wouldn't have seen that as an easy win to give the manager a player he wanted (a manager Levy had a big crush on lets not forget)

We had no chance but there was still more of a chance then with flipping Mason. I'm not a Mourinho supporter, never wanted him here and for me he's another of example of Levy's poor judgement and management. But and it's a big but, once you have the man here and he's qualified for a final it's beyond foolish to fire him before it. He has form for winning finals when he really shouldn't have. Also despite our shared dislike of the man he had earnt the right to take his team into that final.

Two finals out of 30 he should not have won, or I should say should probably not made the final (Porto and Inter). He managed Chelsea, Madrid and Man United, not sure many other finals he went in as rank underdog
[/QUOte]

Two finals out of 30 he should not have won, or I should say should probably not made the final (Porto and Inter). He managed Chelsea, Madrid and Man United, not sure many other finals he went in as rank underdog

He managed to beat us in that FA Cup semi in 2018 too, where we had the stronger side and bottled it.

Think he did us a couple of times with a weaker United actually.

He managed to beat us in that FA Cup semi in 2018 too, where we had the stronger side and bottled it.

Think he did us a couple of times with a weaker United actually.

Was that not the semi final when Dembele decided to take a dump that game and got beasted by Pogba and we played Vorm in goal....

Rodon was a last minute transfer - always thought it was because Skriniar was the managers prefered target and at 40 odd mil proved too much with the money spent elsewhere that summer, sowe moved on to a potential/club signing to boost numbers. Like i say i find it hard to believe that at 3m Levy/the club wouldn't have seen that as an easy win to give the manager a player he wanted (a manager Levy had a big crush on lets not forget)
Nah Rodon wasn't last minute. We were after him from before the top flight windows closed. I recall because at the time the talk was it was ok we hadn't gotten Skrinniar or similar because the Championship window was still open and we'd still get Rodon. Yes it took until pretty much the last day for the deal to be done but that is the Tottenham way. Our interest and conversations were much longer term.

Nah Rodon wasn't last minute. We were after him from before the top flight windows closed. I recall because at the time the talk was it was ok we hadn't gotten Skrinniar or similar because the Championship window was still open and we'd still get Rodon. Yes it took until pretty much the last day for the deal to be done but that is the Tottenham way. Our interest and conversations were much longer term.

He was signed on deadline day and it was a transfer that came out of the blue - that year the deadline for PL clubs to do business with the football league was a week or so after the deadline to deal with foreign & other PL clubs so it wasn't until mid October when we signed Rodon from Swansea.

Edit : just checked the transfer archives and the first links to him appear to be on October 5th, same day the PL & European transfer window closed. Which i think fits well with the idea that we couldn't get Skriniar and so then moved on to Rodon

Last edited:
He was signed on deadline day and it was a transfer that came out of the blue - that year the deadline for PL clubs to do business with the football league was a week or so after the deadline to deal with foreign & other PL clubs so it wasn't until mid October when we signed Rodon from Swansea.

Edit : just checked the transfer archives and the first links to him appear to be on October 5th, same day the PL & European transfer window closed. Which i think fits well with the idea that we couldn't get Skriniar and so then moved on to Rodon

Sums it up really for me under Enic ... go for a top player that we have no intention of actually pushing the boat out to get, knowing that a cheap lowball option will fingers crossed turn out to be as good as the intended player.

But we're talking about Skriniar, he's not in that bracket really is he?

Arguable .... I guess the point is managers request vs ones landed after rejection.

However this won't go anywhere because the pro camp will say its just speculation etc even though players , agents, have said otherwise or been seen together in photos in certain instances etc.

Ha go on let's see which players Enic brought which were genuinely in the top bracket at peak that you can name in 20 years.

Perisic, Richarlison, Romero, Bissouma, Royal, Bentancur, Kulusevski, Lo Celso, Reguillon, Doherty, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Sanchez, Vorm, Moura, Aurier, Sissoko, Janssen, Wanyama, Son, Alderweireld, Trippier, Davies, Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Eriksen, Capoue, Chadli, Dembele, Lloris, Verts, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Adebayor, Parker, Friedel, VDV, Sandro, Crouch, Walker, Kranjcar, Modric, Bentley, Pav, Keane, Defoe, Palacios, Corluka, Gomes, Chimbonda, Hutton, Woodgate, Kaboul, Berbatov, Zokora, Mido, Benny, Malbranque, Jenas, Hudd, YP Lee, Reid, Carrick, Mendes, Robinson, Postiga, Kanoute

I expect I've missed some. Obviously a lot of them didn't work out, but they were all good signings at the time that on paper would make us a better team.

There are obviously names like Bale, Lennon and Dawson, not included on there, as they were signed as ones for the future.

Perisic, Richarlison, Romero, Bissouma, Royal, Bentancur, Kulusevski, Lo Celso, Reguillon, Doherty, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Sanchez, Vorm, Moura, Aurier, Sissoko, Janssen, Wanyama, Son, Alderweireld, Trippier, Davies, Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho, Eriksen, Capoue, Chadli, Dembele, Lloris, Verts, Sigurdsson, Dempsey, Adebayor, Parker, Friedel, VDV, Sandro, Crouch, Walker, Kranjcar, Modric, Bentley, Pav, Keane, Defoe, Palacios, Corluka, Gomes, Chimbonda, Hutton, Woodgate, Kaboul, Berbatov, Zokora, Mido, Benny, Malbranque, Jenas, Hudd, YP Lee, Reid, Carrick, Mendes, Robinson, Postiga, Kanoute

I expect I've missed some. Obviously a lot of them didn't work out, but they were all good signings at the time that on paper would make us a better team.

There are obviously names like Bale, Lennon and Dawson, not included on there, as they were signed as ones for the future.

I rest my case ... we obviously have clear differences in opinion... Perisic? Don't worry we will never agree

Yep, we signed him so late that we couldn’t register him in our initial European squad and therefore lost the potential of easing him in gently against lower quality opposition.

Not going to do the exchange rate and just pretend the amount is as huge as it sounds.
R910,997,814.75

45m quid, more or less.

Given the state SA is in though, no idea why their government is throwing 45m at us. Surely they could spend that on better things.

Sums it up really for me under Enic ... go for a top player that we have no intention of actually pushing the boat out to get, knowing that a cheap lowball option will fingers crossed turn out to be as good as the intended player.

Trying to see if an acceptable deal can be done for a "top bracket player" and having other targets in place if that deal can't be reached is a bad thing?

Back