• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

United are a completely different animal

If you took out the leveraged debt they got saddled with, the interest they have paid and the owner dividends, what they could have spent is absolutely another level
iirc what they have paid in interest and what the Glaziers have taken out is near enough the cost of a new stadium.

Shame, as they actually do need one.

United are a completely different animal

If you took out the leveraged debt they got saddled with, the interest they have paid and the owner dividends, what they could have spent is absolutely another level

If they spent it wisely they would have grown even more and even madrid wouldn't be able to touch them.

Tbf it's good for english football they didn't.

iirc what they have paid in interest and what the Glaziers have taken out is near enough the cost of a new stadium.

Shame, as they actually do need one.

Worse their debt is unhinged. So as interest rates have increased so has their interest payments and debt. Their last quarterly financials (every quarter as they are on the new york stock exchange) shows their interest payments per year are now at £124m. Compared to about £20m for us.

Worse their debt is unhinged. So as interest rates have increased so has their interest payments and debt. Their last quarterly financials (every quarter as they are on the new york stock exchange) shows their interest payments per year are now at £124m. Compared to about £20m for us.
No wonder they're looking for an exit.:)

I was trying to work out earlier the value of the senior players we have on loan
I had it around 200m
That’s enough money to buy a lot of normal players or 2 players for chelsea
We won’t get that back of course
But if we could recover 40% of that it’s around £80m
Quite scary for a club that doesn’t buy enough players but clearly shows why we need to buy the right ones now
Admittedly that includes Spence and destiny in that number

so if we could shift the following for something remotely sensible the money would be so useful
Fees
Tanguy - 60m - sell for £25m apparently
GLC - 32m - sell for £15m minimum I’d guess
Rodon - 12 - sell for £10 must be achievable
Spence - 15 - keep
Gil - 25 - sell for £15m upwards
Reggie - 30 - sell for £15m upwards
Destiny - 18 - keep
Winks - 12 - sell for £10m upwards

surely that’s achievable money….

Last edited:
If they spent it wisely they would have grown even more and even madrid wouldn't be able to touch them.

Tbf it's good for english football they didn't.

As I've said, the Glaziers achieved more for financial fair play and league competitiveness than the FA or FIFA ever have!

Err...our net spend was 5m quid.

'Solid net spend'?

I think we were the fourth-lowest net spenders across the 20 PL sides in January (iirc), so doesn't quite stack up.

We punted Porro's fee into the summer (when we will also have to pay for Kulu), and we only have an option to buy in Danjuma.

And we waited 31 days to do even that business. To me it looked like we just did what we always do - opportunistically looked for deals and then spent ages negotiating them down while dropping points in the interval.

And as Conte continually points out, that has to change. This club cannot act like that and expect to win things, abandoning on-field results to negotiate endlessly over 5p.

Fair enough, it got us Porro in the end, which makes this a 6/10 window. But I'd say it isn't the sort of statement of intent that we needed.

This is really funny. Your gripe is that we have flexibility on these signings? Instead of being able to defer payment, you'd prefer we paid out all the money upfront? That is your issue? Meaning we might get stuck with a player who hasn't performed, or worse not be able to sign the player at all, as we didn't have enough free capital. Instead, we got players in, and have options and flexibility. That is a bad thing as far as you are concerned? If you were running the club you wouldn't do this, you'd have no option with Danjuma, and maybe not signed Porro at all because we didn't have all the cash now.

:)

Last edited:
I was trying to work out earlier the value of the senior players we have on loan
I had it around 200m
Quite scary for a club that doesn’t buy enough players but clearly shows why we need to buy the right ones now

so if we could shift the following for something remotely sensible the money would be so useful
Fees
Spence - 15 - keep
Destiny - 18 - keep

I did a similar exercise this week and came up with a £100m figure, including those I deem surplus come summer (Sanchez, Tanga).

I fear if it was that easy, we would’ve already done it…

I did a similar exercise this week and came up with a £100m figure, including those I deem surplus come summer (Sanchez, Tanga).

I fear if it was that easy, we would’ve already done it…
It’s not easy
But tanguys may be triggered by the CL qualification and that’s a start
Teams may have more money this summer after stadium income for another year

I had it around 200m

Fees
Spence - 15 - keep
Destiny - 18 - keep

This is also what you need to take into consideration when talking about backing the manager, buying without knowing whether any of that can be recouped.

Someone did a history of all transfer compilation

9bqjpa8t1kfa1.png
That is a very odd way to sort that table. Here is a much better way of looking at who the big spenders are:

Back