• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I do wonder where all these potential buyers of chelsea have gone since Boelhy won the auction.

Spurs have been available for years and now also pool and utd.

So many were desperate to get their hands on just that particular football club it seems.

Weird.

I do wonder where all these potential buyers of chelsea have gone since Boelhy won the auction.

Spurs have been available for years and now also pool and utd.

So many were desperate to get their hands on just that particular football club it seems.

Weird.
They have seen that just to get players in Boehly had to borrow another £800m
And they can also see that football politics is massive

this is just the Quataris looking for more property in London. It’s a land grab basically

Not sure murderous is quite right. They've only executed 1 person (for murder) in the last 20 years. Yes their health and safety and the way they treat migrant workers needs improvement and we can disagree with them that homosexuality is still illegal there. But they aren't the saudis. Hell singapore executed 33 people last year and still have homosexuality as a crime.

Qatar have admitted to hundreds of migrant workers dying in the building of the infrastructure for the World Cup. The real number may be higher.

This has surely been known about. They've not put in place sufficient measures to stop that. Hundreds of people died because of willful inaction and wilful action, they still worked to get new migrant workers knowing that hundreds more would die in the process.

If that doesn't qualify for the term "murderous" in your opinion, fine. But the term "needs improvement" is no better (though technically accurate). If anything "murderous" is more accurate, though one can make a pedantic point to the contrary. Manslaughterous a better term?

They have seen that just to get players in Boehly had to borrow another £800m
And they can also see that football politics is massive

this is just the Quataris looking for more property in London. It’s a land grab basically

So if they come in you expect the primary driver to be huge investment in upgrading the surrounding area of homes and business facilities etc?

I think owners pumping their own money into clubs to increase transfer fees and wages is cheating.

I’d rather never win anything than win like that, what’s the point? It’s not enough to do something that’s already been done in the same way, we have to do it better.

I think I’d be out if we joined that party.

I still think long term our path is right, the bubble will burst and investment will drop away, we’ll be a long way ahead of the game there, again it’s time to be brave, stay the course.

Or they are another investment group that looks to make a profit. Or a group that does a leverraged buyout putting us into more debt. Chinese and russian investors are no longer an option. Would a billionaire willing to invest in a club to make them winners look at city and Saudi Sportswashing Machine and really think they could compete?
It would be very difficult to do a leveraged buy out of Spurs considering that we're already very heavily leveraged with us carrying around £800m of debt.

Qatar have admitted to hundreds of migrant workers dying in the building of the infrastructure for the World Cup. The real number may be higher.

This has surely been known about. They've not put in place sufficient measures to stop that. Hundreds of people died because of willful inaction and wilful action, they still worked to get new migrant workers knowing that hundreds more would die in the process.

If that doesn't qualify for the term "murderous" in your opinion, fine. But the term "needs improvement" is no better (though technically accurate). If anything "murderous" is more accurate, though one can make a pedantic point to the contrary. Manslaughterous a better term?

Yes i understand that but is that more or less than in other developing nations? The uk is far better yet still we have around 30 to 40 deaths in construction each year. So over a 10 year period it would also be in the hundreds.

Qatar has made improvements.
Labour reformEdit
Two laws protecting workers' rights, which included clauses on maximum working hours and rights to annual leave, were passed by Sheikh Tamim in 2017.[52] The next year, Sheikh Tamim passed Law No. 13 of 2018, abolishing exit visas for roughly 95% of the country's migrant workers. The remaining 5% of workers, which amount to approximately 174,000 people, still require their employer's permission to exit the country. While stating that more needs to be done to protect the rights of Qatar's workers, at the same time Stephen roosterburn of Amnesty claimed that the Emir had taken an "important first step towards meeting the authorities' promise to fundamentally reform the exploitative sponsorship system".[53]

In November 2017, Qatar and the International Labour Organization started a technical cooperation programme to improve working conditions and labour rights.[54][55] The ILO opened its first project office in Qatar on 30 April 2018[56] to support the implementation of the programme.[57]

Following the adoption on 30 August 2020 of Law No. 19 of 2020, migrant workers can now change jobs before the end of their contract without first having to obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer. This new law, coupled with the removal of exit permit requirements earlier in the year, effectively dismantles the “kafala” sponsorship system and marks the beginning of a new era for the Qatari labour market.[58]

In March 2021, Qatar additionally implemented a monthly minimum wage of 1,000 riyals (USD 275) for all workers, making it the first country in the region to do so.[59][60]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tam...m is the fourth son of Emir Hamad bin Khalifa.

Why would a legit… if there is one… billionaire want a football team
Yeah an investment group could buy us but so far that hasn’t worked in football as far as I’m aware, as none have deep enough pockets but their very nature
The same reason why they want very rare paintings.... Bragging rights amongst their uber rich friends. The fact that (just as with rare art) the value of PL clubs seems to be appreciating quite nicely is a nice bonus as well.

Would definitely boycott the club and everything to do with if we ever got into bed with a murderous authoritarian regime and their climate-destroying gains.

Also, being bought by oil money today is like being bought by a typewriter corporation in 1993. They'll be nothing but dust by the end of the decade.
Lol 'end of the decade' :D

Construction workers die at a pretty alarming rate in most developing countries, just as they did in countries like ours back when it was still developing. I've done lots of business travel to India over the years and am often open mouthed when I see the construction workers working at night by gaslight, using pick axes with bare feet, while those on the next shift are sleeping in little makeshift tents a few metres away. I'm sure that standards will improve in Qatar over the coming years and they'll probably improve their at a faster pace than they are improving in various other non Western countries.

Yes i understand that but is that more or less than in other developing nations? The uk is far better yet still we have around 30 to 40 deaths in construction each year. So over a 10 year period it would also be in the hundreds.

Labour reformEdit
Two laws protecting workers' rights, which included clauses on maximum working hours and rights to annual leave, were passed by Sheikh Tamim in 2017.[52] The next year, Sheikh Tamim passed Law No. 13 of 2018, abolishing exit visas for roughly 95% of the country's migrant workers. The remaining 5% of workers, which amount to approximately 174,000 people, still require their employer's permission to exit the country. While stating that more needs to be done to protect the rights of Qatar's workers, at the same time Stephen roosterburn of Amnesty claimed that the Emir had taken an "important first step towards meeting the authorities' promise to fundamentally reform the exploitative sponsorship system".[53]

In November 2017, Qatar and the International Labour Organization started a technical cooperation programme to improve working conditions and labour rights.[54][55] The ILO opened its first project office in Qatar on 30 April 2018[56] to support the implementation of the programme.[57]

Following the adoption on 30 August 2020 of Law No. 19 of 2020, migrant workers can now change jobs before the end of their contract without first having to obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their employer. This new law, coupled with the removal of exit permit requirements earlier in the year, effectively dismantles the “kafala” sponsorship system and marks the beginning of a new era for the Qatari labour market.[58]

In March 2021, Qatar additionally implemented a monthly minimum wage of 1,000 riyals (USD 275) for all workers, making it the first country in the region to do so.[59][60]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamim_bin_Hamad_Al_Thani#:~:text=Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al,Hamad abdicated in his favour.&text=Tamim is the fourth son of Emir Hamad bin Khalifa.

Those deaths in the UK are talked about I'm sure, there is and has been real efforts to prevent that from happening.

Qatar has been criticised for not fully implementing those changes, that the effects for the workers have been smaller than the text of the laws suggest.

Deceloping country. Sure, I guess. But also a massively wealthy country. The money, the resources are there to change things significantly. That's not true for all developing countries.

Those deaths in the UK are talked about I'm sure, there is and has been real efforts to prevent that from happening.

Qatar has been criticised for not fully implementing those changes, that the effects for the workers have been smaller than the text of the laws suggest.

Deceloping country. Sure, I guess. But also a massively wealthy country. The money, the resources are there to change things significantly. That's not true for all developing countries.
The UK was a massively wealthy country when we were doing a lot of our development. Conditions for the workers were absolutely appalling. I would place a large bet that Qatar improve worker conditions far faster than we did while we were developing our infrastructure.

I think owners pumping their own money into clubs to increase transfer fees and wages is cheating.

I’d rather never win anything than win like that, what’s the point? It’s not enough to do something that’s already been done in the same way, we have to do it better.

I still think long term our path is right, the bubble will burst and investment will drop away, we’ll be a long way ahead of the game there, again it’s time to be brave, stay the course.

It's more than just cheating it artificially inflates the market putting financial pressure on clubs to compete. When clubs fail it can leave them in danger of financial ruin. It's dangerousand shouldn't be allowed.

It's more than just cheating it artificially inflates the market putting financial pressure on clubs to compete. When clubs fail it can leave them in danger of financial ruin. It's dangerousand shouldn't be allowed.

completely agree

I was 7 and a half when ENIC took over Tottenham.

I'm now 29 and in that time we've only won one league cup when I was 14.

I want to see us win more! We certainly don't seem to be close under the current owners.

The perfect time for us to invest money was when we had Poch. Instead we didn't fork out cash for anyone for 2 seasons and only kicked into gear once Saudi Sportswashing Machine got brought over and Levy realised that all his hard work might go down the drain.

But the way things are going half the league will be owned by states. Why would the bubble burst if the owners of the clubs are so ridiculously wealthy that there's zero incentive for them to ever sell?

The only thing that ever could have burst the bubble is the FFP rules. In the end they're barely enforced in reality because the governing bodies actually want the blood money. They just want to give the appdrance that they're doing something about it at the same time.

Labour reformEdit

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamim_bin_Hamad_Al_Thani#:~:text=Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al,Hamad abdicated in his favour.&text=Tamim is the fourth son of Emir Hamad bin Khalifa.

Come on mate, read between the lines of what you have quoted

- They had no minimum wage, took away people's passports and made them require their employer to allow them to change jobs (can you fudging imagine) and required effectively an exit Visa to leave the country.

Translation -> you were a slave (I pay you whatever and you can't change jobs without my permission, nor can you leave the country) with zero rights, and this went on for decades.

I'm very glad if they are improving but comparing it to UK construction workers (or anything in the "west") is disingenuous to say the least

But the way things are going half the league will be owned by states. Why would the bubble burst if the owners of the clubs are so ridiculously wealthy that there's zero incentive for them to ever sell?

The only thing that ever could have burst the bubble is the FFP rules. In the end they're barely enforced in reality because the governing bodies actually want the blood money. They just want to give the appdrance that they're doing something about it at the same time.

So you don't care who owns us as long as you get get to see us win something?

Construction workers die at a pretty alarming rate in most developing countries, just as they did in countries like ours back when it was still developing. I've done lots of business travel to India over the years and am often open mouthed when I see the construction workers working at night by gaslight, using pick axes with bare feet, while those on the next shift are sleeping in little makeshift tents a few metres away. I'm sure that standards will improve in Qatar over the coming years and they'll probably improve their at a faster pace than they are improving in various other non Western countries.

Is there a difference when the workers who take that risk get to benefit from the society they help improve? Or at least their kids get to benefit.

Compared to migrant workers who are sent out of the country at the end and kept in designated areas along the way.

Back