• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

And that's no different if he signs a long term contract.

Good managers just need the Pep, Martin O'Neill approach...1, 2 year rolling contract. If all is well, we continue on.

Works in our favour here too, if the milk turns out to be sour, we both part ways...win win, no big payout which we have been burnt on before

Conte is a high risk manager, if some are true and he wants 30/31 year old ready talent then the cycles short....makes no sense going 4/5 years

Last edited:
Let's be honest the real reason we (fans) want to tie him down, is some show of commitment, and that is because he has never genuinely projected that since he's been here. Something just feels a little off.

We don't really get commitment from a long term contract, just a bigger pay off. And tbh it's madness considering history tells us he never stays anywhere for long.

Im a fan of this contract TBH and on here ironically all I have read is all the circumstances that Conte can not manage under with the consensus being he can only be a system (generally one) manager who needs his type of certain player. For me that makes it wise to take a watching brief TBH

And that's no different if he signs a long term contract.

Good managers just need the Pep, Martin O'Neill approach...1, 2 year rolling contract. If all is well, we continue on.

Peps first contract at Emirates Marketing Project was for 3 years, and his current contract was a 2 year extension.

As for O'Neil, remind me where he signed one year rolling contracts. It definitely was not at a club where he expected to be "backed".

Peps first contract at Emirates Marketing Project was for 3 years, and his current contract was a 2 year extension.

As for O'Neil, remind me where he signed one year rolling contracts. It definitely was not at a club where he expected to be "backed".

That's the contract o'neil had at celtic, don't know if he had it elsewhere.

And therein lies the rub, if I am the chairman why should I back a manager who has less than 6 months left on his contract and so far does not appear to be willing to commit himself to the club by signing a new one?

Well the way we are operating it's more a case of backing the DoF i guess?

And he can still walk with a longer contract.

Yes but it sends the right signals to have the contract signed as it shows the intention to stay- as i keep saying, you can't be given passes on the short term performance if you aren't signed up to the long term. If you want to be judged on a long term project, commit to it.

Martin O'Neill had a one year rolling contract while at Aston Villa in the time frame when Randy Lerner was very much backing his managers with his own cash.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Im a fan of this contract TBH and on here ironically all I have read is all the circumstances that Conte can not manage under with the consensus being he can only be a system (generally one) manager who needs his type of certain player. For me that makes it wise to take a watching brief TBH
100% agree. I posted as such last week.

That's a valid point. If we have confidence in the DofF and all he is doing at the club, we should be confident of moving on if we have to. (Even if they're 'mates')

There’s some truth in this. Depends on a couple of things, though, imo.

Firstly, what are Paratici’s views? If he feels the same as Conte - should he leave - then he perhaps goes too. He was supposedly instrumental in getting Conte to come and they obviously have a close relationship. Will he want to stick around for another manager? We have a history of ploughing through people in these types of positions too (e.g. Paul Mitchell). For both to go would seem a huge backward step.

Secondly, Pochettino, Mourinho and Conte all walking away dissatisfied (and trophy-less) from the club within just over three years is not a good look generally - or to other prospective managers. We seemed to struggle to fill the position last time (hence the Nuno debacle), let’s remember.

My biggest worry should Conte go is that Levy’s desperation to appease the fans will see him reappoint Pochettino. Much as I love the bloke I don’t think him coming back will be a receipe for success unfortunately - certainly not so soon after him leaving previously.

My hope is that Conte stays and the board give him what he needs: a couple of established wing-backs, alongside at least one CB and a creative midfielder.

Last edited:

Firstly, what are Paratici’s views? If he feels the same as Conte - should he leave - then he perhaps goes too. He was supposedly instrumental in getting Conte to come and they obviously have a close relationship. Will he want to stick around for another manager? We have a history of ploughing through people in these types of positions too (e.g. Paul Mitchell, who said). For both to go would seem a huge backward step.

Secondly, Pochettino, Mourinho and Conte all walking away dissatisfied (and trophy-less) from the club within just over three years is not a good look generally - or to other prospective managers. We seemed to struggle to fill the position last time (hence the Nuno debacle), let’s remember.

My biggest worry should Conte go is that Levy’s desperation to appease the fans will see him reappoint Pochettino. Much as I love the bloke I don’t think him coming back will be a receipe for success unfortunately - certainly not so soon after him leaving previously.

My hope is that Conte stays and the board give him what he needs: a couple of the established wing-backs that he wants, alongside at least one CB and a creative midfielder.

The thing here though is that Fab is more than a DOF, he is in charge of all football operations, he has a huge level of carte blanche now, he is more the chairman as Levy is now in theory, in the gods. If this does not work out with Conte you can be sure Fab will be staying

Last edited:
The thing here though is that Fab is more than a DOF, he is in charge of all football operations, he has a huge level of carte blanche now, he is more the chairman as Levy is now in theory, in the gods. If this does not work out with Conte you can be sure Fab will be staying
That's what a DoF is. It's not just someone who buys players, it's a person in charge of football operations.

That's what a DoF is. It's not just someone who buys players, it's a person in charge of football operations.

There was an almost handing over of all football operations to him that Levy pipped up about when it happened. I would suggest its more than the standard DOF role as we know it historically.

Firstly, what are Paratici’s views? If he feels the same as Conte - should he leave - then he perhaps goes too. He was supposedly instrumental in getting Conte to come and they obviously have a close relationship. Will he want to stick around for another manager? We have a history of ploughing through people in these types of positions too (e.g. Paul Mitchell, who said). For both to go would seem a huge backward step.

My hope is that Conte stays and the board give him what he needs: a couple of the established wing-backs that he wants, alongside at least one CB and a creative midfielder.

A few thoughts/answers

- Paratici would have expected to outlast Conte regardless of how well it went, one is a guy who did 11 years at one club, the other guy rarely makes a 3rd season
- Poch's time came to an end, and while people may disagree on timing/backing/whatever, a manager leaving after 5 years isn't some bad omen.
- Jose and Conte just seem to be bad fits (longer discussion)
- Poch and Tuchel are available, suspect Potter will be on the market soon as well, so different environment. I do think Poch would be a cheap way of getting good PR.

I'm not sold on Conte, not this version anyway, not sure we would be much worse off.

A few thoughts/answers

- Paratici would have expected to outlast Conte regardless of how well it went, one is a guy who did 11 years at one club, the other guy rarely makes a 3rd season
- Poch's time came to an end, and while people may disagree on timing/backing/whatever, a manager leaving after 5 years isn't some bad omen.
- Jose and Conte just seem to be bad fits (longer discussion)
- Poch and Tuchel are available, suspect Potter will be on the market soon as well, so different environment. I do think Poch would be a cheap way of getting good PR.

I'm not sold on Conte, not this version anyway, not sure we would be much worse off.

No more ex-Chelsea managers, please, I beg.

Let's be honest the real reason we (fans) want to tie him down, is some show of commitment, and that is because he has never genuinely projected that since he's been here. Something just feels a little off.

We don't really get commitment from a long term contract, just a bigger pay off. And tbh it's madness considering history tells us he never stays anywhere for long.

The media and fans have created a narative since before he even arrived that he'd throw his toys out of the pram and walk. Whatever he says will not change thenarrative that's out there. He is questioned every week about it and says he's happy, that it's a process that will take years and there is no rush to sign a new contract. Even if he signed a 10 year contract tomorrow there would still be talk of him walking.

Back