• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

This is precisely the kind of thing that I feared when Ade decided to play in the ACN.

It's remarkable how often players fail to return to their clubs quickly once their participation in the ACN has finished.

No excuses. Really fudging unprofessional of Ade not to be back in London already. Especially since we need him so badly.

This is precisely the kind of thing that I feared when Ade decided to play in the ACN.

It's remarkable how often players fail to return to their clubs quickly once their participation in the ACN has finished.

No excuses. Really fudging unprofessional of Ade not to be back in London already. Especially since we need him so badly.

Agree with these sentiments entirely.

Which version of Ade will we get back? The truly motivated and energised individual (like the first half of last season) or the lazy, useless version (ala the first half of this season).

Any bets?

Things clearly changed when Harry left. He doesn't have that love or attention on him like Harry used to give him (one of Harry's strong points) so to me it seems he doesn't have that 'connection' with us anymore. Shame really.

Agreed, although as ever, I await the full story. If this is, indeed, it, then disgraceful...

Things clearly changed when Harry left. He doesn't have that love or attention on him like Harry used to give him (one of Harry's strong points) so to me it seems he doesn't have that 'connection' with us anymore. Shame really.

Have to agree with this. They had a relationship for sure. Ade knew this summer coming in that he was not our first choice summer striker signing...it is sad that even a half-functional Ade is still very, very important to this club.

His attitude off the pitch is the same on the pitch, get rid of the prick as soon as, and fine him for any perceived lack of professionalism.

Sadly, this story seems so far-fetched and bizarre that it makes me think there's no smoke without fire. It sure doesn't seem as though he jumped on the first flight back to London to start preparing for being our only striker leading the line in an important game against a rejuvenated Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I'm pretty sure AVB would like to move him on in the summer, only problem being I can't think who would have him that would pay his wages and given the problems we've had signing one striker I'd hate to think what it would be like trying to buy two.

Sadly, this story seems so far-fetched and bizarre that it makes me think there's no smoke without fire. It sure doesn't seem as though he jumped on the first flight back to London to start preparing for being our only striker leading the line in an important game against a rejuvenated Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I'm pretty sure AVB would like to move him on in the summer, only problem being I can't think who would have him that would pay his wages and given the problems we've had signing one striker I'd hate to think what it would be like trying to buy two.

Surely the time as come for us to make a stand, Berbatoss made us look like mugs and so did Modric, Ade knew he would be playing for us this season and he turned up for preseason totally unfit and supposedly injured, for someone who is supposed to me a hard negotiator Levy lets his players take the tinkle, if Ade is unavailable to play because of carelessness or if we think he is fit enough to play and he doesn't then don't pay him and feck the PFA.

I've been a big defender of Ade, but no more. If he isn't ready to play v Toon, it's simply not good enough.

Emmanuel Adebayor has made his way back to Tottenham. But it wasn't so simple as it sounds.

Togo were knocked out of the African Nations Cup on Sunday night, news which was music to the ears of Tottenham fans after Jermain Defoe's injury hours earlier.

But as with most situations surrounding the Togo national team, the journey home was not quite so simple.

The troubles began after the game, when on Monday, South African authorities accused to Togo players of causing damage to a hotel room in which they were staying following the defeat.

The when they arrived at the airport, the players refused to board the flight which had been chartered by the Togolese FA.

They did not like the fact it would have to fly to Johannesburg from Nelspruit before heading to Paris, and began demanding alternative arrangements, arguing the diversion was a waste of their time.

To resolve the solution, Adebayor took matters into his own hands, or more accurately, his wallet.

As reported by Brazilian website LanceNet, the Tottenham striker raided his own bank account to hire a private jet to take the players directly to Paris.

With the team's players almost entirely playing their club football in Europe, Paris was a logical destination, and left the striker with a simple trip to London.

They boarded this one without problem, with the team far happier with the solution, even if Adebayor was slightly less richer, although you suspect on his astronomical wages, it was just a drop in the ocean, but it is likely the principle and inconvenience which will frustrate the striker.

Adebayor had to be talked into attending the tournament by the nation's president after a row over pay and conditions for the players had escalated, and you suspect this latest incident will only add fuel to that fire.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/02/06...hind-emmanuel-adebayors-journey-back-to-tott/

What a complete and utter bastard.

Emmanuel Adebayor has made his way back to Tottenham. But it wasn't so simple as it sounds.

Togo were knocked out of the African Nations Cup on Sunday night, news which was music to the ears of Tottenham fans after Jermain Defoe's injury hours earlier.

But as with most situations surrounding the Togo national team, the journey home was not quite so simple.

The troubles began after the game, when on Monday, South African authorities accused to Togo players of causing damage to a hotel room in which they were staying following the defeat.

The when they arrived at the airport, the players refused to board the flight which had been chartered by the Togolese FA.

They did not like the fact it would have to fly to Johannesburg from Nelspruit before heading to Paris, and began demanding alternative arrangements, arguing the diversion was a waste of their time.

To resolve the solution, Adebayor took matters into his own hands, or more accurately, his wallet.

As reported by Brazilian website LanceNet, the Tottenham striker raided his own bank account to hire a private jet to take the players directly to Paris.

With the team's players almost entirely playing their club football in Europe, Paris was a logical destination, and left the striker with a simple trip to London.

They boarded this one without problem, with the team far happier with the solution, even if Adebayor was slightly less richer, although you suspect on his astronomical wages, it was just a drop in the ocean, but it is likely the principle and inconvenience which will frustrate the striker.

Adebayor had to be talked into attending the tournament by the nation's president after a row over pay and conditions for the players had escalated, and you suspect this latest incident will only add fuel to that fire.

http://hereisthecity.com/2013/02/06...hind-emmanuel-adebayors-journey-back-to-tott/

You have just totally ruined my rant, I will never forgive you!

Indeed! :lol:
I like this version a lot more.
Hope it's true.
Still think it's absurd of course, but there we go...

Indeed! :lol:
I like this version a lot more.
Hope it's true.
Still think it's absurd of course, but there we go...

Knowing about his contributions to charity, his close connection to his team-mates and the fact they all have been having issues with the Togo FA i see this as a far more plausible series of events.

It's no secret I'm not a big fan of the guy and would like us to sign someone else in the summer, but the fact is he is going to be vital to our top 4 chances in the next few months, especially in the few weeks while Defoe is injured. No excuses now, he is the main man, no competition apart from Dempsey for his position, he needs to start delivering and giving 100% in every game until the end of the season. The performances he turned in during the first half of the season were nowhere near good enough.

It's no secret I'm not a big fan of the guy and would like us to sign someone else in the summer, but the fact is he is going to be vital to our top 4 chances in the next few months, especially in the few weeks while Defoe is injured. No excuses now, he is the main man, no competition apart from Dempsey for his position, he needs to start delivering and giving 100% in every game until the end of the season. The performances he turned in during the first half of the season were nowhere near good enough.

+1. He has all the attributes to be a top centre forward. He showed signs of it in the first half of last season. We need those performances from him NOW.

Is this AVB's biggest challenge - to get Ade playing again at a decent level?

Think the crowd can play their part on Saturday. Good cheer for him when his name gets announced, and a few Adebayor songs early doors.
Lets show him the love

He won't let us down on Saturday. Not because he feel he owes us anything but because the stage is set, we need him and our game will be all built round him. Worth sticking money on him bagging a brace :)

Tottenham hoping to recall Emmanuel Adebayor in time for Premier League game with Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Emmanuel Adebayor is expected to report back for training at Tottenham Hotspur on Friday morning following the Africa Cup of Nations, with Andre Villas-Boas hoping that his Togo forward will then be available to face Saudi Sportswashing Machine barely 24 hours later.

Although Tottenham are optimistic that the damage to Jermain Defoe’s ankle ligaments is less severe than first feared, his injury leaves the club especially reliant on Adebayor to maintain their push for another top-four finish.

Adebayor came out of international retirement in November to play in all four of Togo’s matches during the Africa Cup of Nations, with his team losing 1-0 in Sunday’s quarter-final against Burkina Faso.

After a mixed first half of the season during which he has largely been on the bench, Adebayor returns with Tottenham in particular need for him to finish the season strongly.

Defoe had already been struggling with a pelvic injury before Sunday’s 1-0 win against West Bromwich Albion and had scored only once in nine games. He then strained his ankle ligaments against West Brom and was forced off after 39 minutes.

Subsequent scans are understood to have shown no immediate need for surgery, with Defoe continuing to have treatment and hoping to return in around three weeks.

Villas-Boas had already been acutely aware of the potential shortage of strikers, with Tottenham failing in a January deadline-day attempt to recruit Brazil’s Leandro Damiao from Internacional.

The club have played down the likelihood of making another move for Damiao in the summer but it is understood that a deal remains possible.

Tottenham have strong interest in Hamburg’s South Korea striker Son Heung Min, 20, who has impressed in the Bundesliga and is also attracting the interest of Liverpool.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ue-game-with-Saudi Sportswashing Machine.html

If the Paris story is true, all credit to Ade, and there's no reason at all why he won't be fit for Saturday. There's little jet lag from Paris to here, and not many miles. Friday should give him recovery time for that.

Back