• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Adebayor (make it permanent or no?)

You would have to be a fool to not see how Adebayor has helped our overall style of play, however it is becoming clearer each game he is not going to give us that many goals.

So considering the high wages and transfer fee he will cost us is he worth making the move permanent int he summer?

For me I am really torn he has to show me a bit more in front of goal, the thing which he has going for him and we have going against us is the lack of affordable target men around the world atm.

If we can't get anyone better who is going to do the job he does, the work rate he has, the hold up play, the strength, bringing people into the game, then why not?

No. Costs too much money, always seems to go off the boil after his first season and is very wasteful up front. The main reason is the money though. ?ú10m, ?ú60K a week and agreement that he won't be an automatic starter and be happy with that? Fine. Anything else, we're better off looking elsewhere.

He has the ability and the talent and i would say he is the best all round player of his type in this position we have had at the club since we lost berba. He mixes well with the lads and his link up play is brilliant, He could be a little more prolific but its also his first season with us.

Im my mind we have to keep him, he is important to us. And then we need to add another of his ilk, Llorente or Berba who will be out of contract ;)

No. Costs too much money, always seems to go off the boil after his first season and is very wasteful up front. The main reason is the money though. ?ú10m, ?ú60K a week and agreement that he won't be an automatic starter and be happy with that? Fine. Anything else, we're better off looking elsewhere.

this is what strikers like Patinkle Cisse are costing. If thats our level then why arent we snapping up players like him

definitely worth it IMO.

The simple and obvious view i think is when people equate a strikers worth in direct proportion to how many goals they score. i would hope that the board and Harry look instead at the team results and the overall output of the team.

Adebayor is THAT important to the way we play and what we have achieved such that even if he doesnt score from now to the end of the season NOT ONE of us would rather he be on the bench because we would lose that much from his overall game thus after our teams overall style of play

adebayor is a lone striker playing primarily as a hold up player, a more finesse one at that but a hold up player none the less. for as long as i can remember , players like these are not prolific (especially when they lack support from their support partners) , but rather very supportive of the rest of their team mates.

if we have a chance to purchase ade at the end of the season , please we should take it, irrespective to how many goals he scores

definitely worth it IMO.

The simple and obvious view i think is when people equate a strikers worth in direct proportion to how many goals they score. i would hope that the board and Harry look instead at the team results and the overall output of the team.

Adebayor is THAT important to the way we play and what we have achieved such that even if he doesnt score from now to the end of the season NOT ONE of us would rather he be on the bench because we would lose that much from his overall game thus after our teams overall style of play

adebayor is a lone striker playing primarily as a hold up player, a more finesse one at that but a hold up player none the less. for as long as i can remember , players like these are not prolific (especially when they lack support from their support partners) , but rather very supportive of the rest of their team mates.

if we have a chance to purchase ade at the end of the season , please we should take it, irrespective to how many goals he scores

very well put!! what he said!

definitely worth it IMO.

Very well said I think that just about convinced me. I know I go into panic mode if he is not on the team sheet.

And like I've mentioned a few times, I think Bale coming in to play more centrally at times can push Ade out wide, where he obviously won't be able to score. However, I don't know if his crossing is all that stellar, and his aerial abilities/heading leave a bit to be desired. However, african listed all his positives and I think that if he's willing to take a wage-cut, we should definitely sign him up.

Come the end of the season we probably will be grateful, one for big ade's contribution and two for having him on loan only.

His ability is obvious to see and has brought qualities that we were severely missing before his arrival. I like the fact that he is never anonymous, CH's will always have a tough game. Lately he has been left a bit isolated by VDV insistence to come as deep as the back four (ala keane) to just get involved and have a touch. Maybe if we play a few games with Ade/Defoe in a normalish two he may blossom again?

BigAde s attitude has been questioned by previous clubs so at least with a loan it gives us a good look at him and the run-in will probably tell us whether to secure him permanantley. Depending where we finish will probably have a bearing on whether we can afford the deal and also whether we are attractive enough to Ade (ie CL football). Due to his past I would be reluctant to pay him a big lump sum up front allowing us to pay a smaller weekly wage, i'm sure levy would stucture it right.

It would be weird if we won the league, and Ade just drifted back of to Emirates Marketing Project, i wonder what there attitude would then be? If he does go back to Emirates Marketing Project it really is then crunch time in the summer as we will haveDefoe, VDV and saha (maybe thats why we got the option to extend saha another year incas we have a mare in the summer window).

Even when he isn't playing well it is obvious he as a reall effect on our build up play. If the finances stack up and arent to the detriment of re-inforcing the team elsewhere then I would be more than happy for us to sign him long term.

As it stands, I would say no. The only reason is that, in current formation I do not believe that we have enough goals within the rest of the team to make up for playing with only one striker and that striker struggling to break into double figures in the league. It's a shame, if he would just take his goals, I would have a completely different answer for you. But then again, he is only just the wrong side of having a one in two strike rate. Do we expect too much?

Then, maybe the problem is accomodating Rafa? Is he a luxury that helps or hinders? It's great that Ade has hold up play and helps the team... But who scores the goals then? Do we rely more and more on Bale? Can we get more return out of Rafa? Defoe is on 8 from 8 in the league, surely we are missing a trick not playing him in that sort of form?

I think a big part of the answer lays in how much of a salary drop Adebayour is willing to take. Is he really worth upsetting the entire pay structure for? Can we find a better player for ?ú100k+ a week? Can we find a player as good as him for less than ?ú100k a week?

As it stands, I would say no. The only reason is that, in current formation I do not believe that we have enough goals within the rest of the team to make up for playing with only one striker and that striker struggling to break into double figures in the league. It's a shame, if he would just take his goals, I would have a completely different answer for you. But then again, he is only just the wrong side of having a one in two strike rate. Do we expect too much?

Then, maybe the problem is accomodating Rafa? Is he a luxury that helps or hinders? It's great that Ade has hold up play and helps the team... But who scores the goals then? Do we rely more and more on Bale? Can we get more return out of Rafa? Defoe is on 8 from 8 in the league, surely we are missing a trick not playing him in that sort of form?

I think a big part of the answer lays in how much of a salary drop Adebayour is willing to take. Is he really worth upsetting the entire pay structure for? Can we find a better player for ?ú100k+ a week? Can we find a player as good as him for less than ?ú100k a week?

I agree with regards the formation aspects but I think that is easily dealt with if Redknapp just decided that sometimes he will play defoe and ade and give VDV a rest on the bench. Go for 442 at home against certain teams.........in fact I wanted him to do that against Wolves, I just knew how they would play and it would have given them more to think about. Plus by doing that it keeps opposition guessing as to what tactic we will employ.

Back