• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: So what has gone wrong with adebayor?

Togo claim Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor, 28, has changed his mind and will represent the country at the Africa Cup of Nations. Head of the Togo Football Federation, Ameyi Gabriel, is reported to have told Radio Algeria International: "We will be together in South Africa. It is very important to have him [Adebayor] there because he is our player and captain of the team."

Well that's disappointing, can we sign Leandro this week please so he can play on Sat? Cheers Danny, much love.

Up to a possible 22 days and 5 Premier League games without Ade leaving Defoe our only striker. I can't see that making Levy move in for another Striker, he'll probably just tell AVB Dempsey will have to cover.

Last edited:

Up to a possible 22 days and 4 Premier League games without Ade leaving Defoe our only striker. I can't see that making Levy move in for another Striker, he'll probably just tell AVB Dempsey will have to cover.

I don't think he will have to tell AVB about that. AVB seems well aware that Dempsey is one of the options for those positions up there close to the goal we're supposed to put the ball into.

22 days. 4 PL games. So one more PL game than his suspension after his red card. A lot fewer games than his injury earlier in the season.

This will not be the reason we sign another striker if we do sign another striker.

Togo are one of the worst teams there so he should be back by February, doubt we'll even notice he's gone, it's not like we notice him much when he's playing.

I don't think he will have to tell AVB about that. AVB seems well aware that Dempsey is one of the options for those positions up there close to the goal we're supposed to put the ball into.

22 days. 4 PL games. So one more PL game than his suspension after his red card. A lot fewer games than his injury earlier in the season.

This will not be the reason we sign another striker if we do sign another striker.

As a team that is challenging for top four and hopefully in the future top three and so on we really do need a top top quality striker in. I am unsure if we are confident that we have enough up front or we are just waiting for the right player but ultimately we shouldnt be relying on Dempsey as a striker if Defoe is buggered.

Personally I think Defoe wil start banging in the goals again once Ade fudges off to ACN

What a guy - jogs around half-heartedly for several games, apparently his ego is fragile and he needs a hug.

Gets a huge chance to fill his boots as we batter Coventry, but he jogs around again and cannot beat their stalwart defenders.

Decides to go to the ACN after all, which is a great "thank you" to his current employer who signed him when he said he wouldn't go to ACN.

Rather impressive story huh?

I think that Bale, Dempsey, Defoe would all make a better fist of playing striker at the moment anyway. Maybe he will find some form and motivation in the ACN and come back a changed man, like last time.

What a guy - jogs around half-heartedly for several games, apparently his ego is fragile and he needs a hug.

Gets a huge chance to fill his boots as we batter Coventry, but he jogs around again and cannot beat their stalwart defenders.

Decides to go to the ACN after all, which is a great "thank you" to his current employer who signed him when he said he wouldn't go to ACN.

I think that Bale, Dempsey, Defoe would all make a better fist of playing striker at the moment anyway. Maybe he will find some form and motivation in the ACN and come back a changed man, like last time.

I dont understand players who need a 'hug'. My boss doesnt give me a 'hug'. fudgein hell. Grown up players do not need 'hugs'.

As a team that is challenging for top four and hopefully in the future top three and so on we really do need a top top quality striker in. I am unsure if we are confident that we have enough up front or we are just waiting for the right player but ultimately we shouldnt be relying on Dempsey as a striker if Defoe is buggered.

Personally I think Defoe wil start banging in the goals again once Ade fudges off to ACN

Not that many top top quality strikers around.

1. What a guy - jogs around half-heartedly for several games, apparently his ego is fragile and he needs a hug.

2. Gets a huge chance to fill his boots as we batter Coventry, but he jogs around again and cannot beat their stalwart defenders.

3. Decides to go to the ACN after all, which is a great "thank you" to his current employer who signed him when he said he wouldn't go to ACN.

1. Disagree about half-heartedly. The hug part is obviously hyperbolic, but yes his confidence probably isn't 100% at the moment.

2. Didn't see the game so I won't comment.

3. This is blatantly untrue. His recent retirement from international football (or rather suspension of his international career as he didn't actually retire) was well after we had signed him. Also it was made clear that this was over a pay dispute, and it seemed pretty obvious that this was to help out his team mates, to me at least it always seemed quite likely that he would be going to the ACN.

Not that many top top quality strikers around.

When I say top I dont mean the RVPs of this world but more the Damiaos (admittedly not seen much of him) of this world. There are enough but as usual (from what it appears to us) we dont seem to have done much but procrastinate and instead gone for Adebayor who whilst had performed well last season - it just seemed the easy way out.

When I say top I dont mean the RVPs of this world but more the Damiaos (admittedly not seen much of him) of this world. There are enough but as usual (from what it appears to us) we dont seem to have done much but procrastinate and instead gone for Adebayor who whilst had performed well last season - it just seemed the easy way out.

So top top strikers, not top top top strikers? :)

In the 4 years following the Berbatov (and Keane) sale we've signed Defoe, Keane, Crouch, VdV and Ade. Strike VdV if you don't think of him as a striker. That's quite a bit of money spent on around a striker per season on average.

We could do better, but I would rather see the club take their time until the right player becomes available and be accused of procrastinating) than sign another striker that isn't quite good enough.

The easy way out?

Signing a player who did very well for us on a season long loan for a cheapish fee was the sensible route really. I don't quite get why that is procrastination?

Procrastination is doing other things.. So if we needed to buy a striker, procrastination would be doing anything but buying a striker.. Pretty sure buying Ade is the opposite of procrastination when you are trying to sign a striker..

I dont understand players who need a 'hug'. My boss doesnt give me a 'hug'. fudgein hell. Grown up players do not need 'hugs'.

I'm guessing that's because:

a) your boss is female
b) your boss can't fit their arms around you
c) you are self employed

So top top strikers, not top top top strikers? :)

In the 4 years following the Berbatov (and Keane) sale we've signed Defoe, Keane, Crouch, VdV and Ade. Strike VdV if you don't think of him as a striker. That's quite a bit of money spent on around a striker per season on average.

We could do better, but I would rather see the club take their time until the right player becomes available and be accused of procrastinating) than sign another striker that isn't quite good enough.

Eclipse - yeah just top top then when we reach the upper echelons of the league then we can go for top top top haha

There is time to find a player I agree but then there is us THFC/Levy. How long have we been after Leandro? three years? thats not time - thats a fudgein generation haha

Eclipse - yeah just top top then when we reach the upper echelons of the league then we can go for top top top haha

There is time to find a player I agree but then there is us THFC/Levy. How long have we been after Leandro? three years? thats not time - thats a fudgein generation haha

I wonder if Messi will get the top top top top striker award... Hehe.

Leandro signed a new contract and made it clear he wanted to stay. Meanwhile we have no idea how highly Redknapp and our scouts rated him, how badly we wanted him.

Oh how I wish that instead of just going for David Bentley, willing to pay the asking price, we waited around for a better deal for someone else.

I wonder if Messi will get the top top top top striker award... Hehe.

Leandro signed a new contract and made it clear he wanted to stay. Meanwhile we have no idea how highly Redknapp and our scouts rated him, how badly we wanted him.

Oh how I wish that instead of just going for David Bentley, willing to pay the asking price, we waited around for a better deal for someone else.

I agree about Bentley but also think we just saw him play well for a season and thought yeah great he is worth 15m quid... that was based on one season. There are strikers out there and im sure if I was a scout for a year I could have found someone

Anyways we HAVE to get one this or the next window

I agree about Bentley but also think we just saw him play well for a season and thought yeah great he is worth 15m quid... that was based on one season. There are strikers out there and im sure if I was a scout for a year I could have found someone

Anyways we HAVE to get one this or the next window

And I'm sure that there's a considerable chance that the player you found would be a flop.

Back