• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Voted in by the players apparently, which kind of puts to bed the 'negative influence in the dressing room' story championed by some on here.

He's still playing sh*t though.

Last I read, players like ****ing about and don't like discipline - is it at all surprising that they like players who don't accept authority?

Benny's a very popular character too, but I suspect few would doubt he's poison where managers are concerned and pretty horrible captain material.

Last I read, player like ****ing about and don't like discipline - is it at all surprising that they like players who don't accept authority?

Benny's a very popular character too, but I suspect few would doubt he's poison where managers are concerned and pretty horrible captain material.

How is a Benny poison btw?

source ? the article i read mentioned that poch consulted with the players but it did not specifically confirm that it was a vote.
Your right actually, my mistake I thought it was confirmed but the article does say that he consulted with players rather than an out and out vote

Last I read, players like ****ing about and don't like discipline - is it at all surprising that they like players who don't accept authority?.

Nah, I don't buy that. If Poch felt that he really would cause issues, he wouldn't have taken the decision to make him vice captain no matter what the players said.

Nah, I don't buy that. If Poch felt that he really would cause issues, he wouldn't have taken the decision to make him vice captain no matter what the players said.
On the balance of probability I'd say it was a backfired management technique.

Tell the players to pick their captains to keep them onside, assuming there's no chance they'll pick the lazy prick stealing a living and celebrating when we lose.

Tell the players to pick their captains to keep them onside, assuming there's no chance they'll pick the lazy prick stealing a living and celebrating when we lose.

As Millsy said above there's no reason to think it was a straight vote. He consulted them and he didn't have to pick Ade if he didn't want to.

I honestly think he's just gambling on getting the best out of Ade. He knows Ade is a very good player when on form and motivated and he's been trying to get that out of him. Not unlike what he did with Osvaldo at Southampton.

Captaincy was probably a result of Ade being fairly popular in our group of players... Probably a likeable guy behind the scenes and someone people trust will stick up for them. We don't have a lot of leaders in our squad and it's a vice captain thing and he will rarely actually wear the armband. No big deal.

As Millsy said above there's no reason to think it was a straight vote. He consulted them and he didn't have to pick Ade if he didn't want to.

I honestly think he's just gambling on getting the best out of Ade. He knows Ade is a very good player when on form and motivated and he's been trying to get that out of him. Not unlike what he did with Osvaldo at Southampton.

Captaincy was probably a result of Ade being fairly popular in our group of players... Probably a likeable guy behind the scenes and someone people trust will stick up for them. We don't have a lot of leaders in our squad and it's a vice captain thing and he will rarely actually wear the armband. No big deal.

I think it says more about the state of our squad to be honest, the fact that Adebayor is chosen as a vice captain. Would never had happened 3 seasons ago. The bigger question is how the hell is Lloris not captain or even vice captain?

Could be - either work out as entirely possible situations.

Either way it's gone a little awry and should hopefully have taught Poch to never, ever put his trust in Ade unless he's holding a fistful of £50s.

I think it says more about the state of our squad to be honest, the fact that Adebayor is chosen as a vice captain. Would never had happened 3 seasons ago. The bigger question is how the hell is Lloris not captain or even vice captain?

He is, vice captain that is.

Scara you know full well that Ade never celebrated when we lost, that was explained in full. And I find it very hard to believe that you didn't read the explanation.

Back