• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

This is interesting.

I think it basically shows that the player that is playing AMC is not doing a good enough job breaking into the box. Chadli is doing a good job but he's usually doing it playing in the wide position but the central player (usually Eriksen this season) has to do more to get into the box. When Ade comes deep..Eriksen's instinct has to be to attack the box immediately but we're not seeing that a lot yet

This article also shows that Kane should be very good in that role if given a proper chance.

Absolutely bang-on IMO (KD - this could be a first for us ;)).

Part of my low-level rumbles about Ericksen have come from the fact I do not believe he is doing enough in the current set-up, although obviously he is our most creative player, so he is a solid conundrum. But there is loads of space outside the box for the attacking three behind the drifting one to move into, and the truth is they aren't taking advantage enough. Lamela needs to shoot more/be more direct too, but I suspect this will come with confidence.

All of this is one of the main reasons I am sad that Lennon has not seized the moment, as pre-season he was getting into those central spots at great speed (albeit again without much end product - which might be what's cooking his current goose with Poch so-to-speak).

I also think that on the basis of the fact he is unafraid to have a dig, Kane would be great in Ade's spot, and given his relationship with Soldado, those two might work very well together if Soldado is one of the three 'behind' off whom Kane drops to create space/thread passes.

But I think the criticism of Ade is actually bordering on hysterical in certain cases, and has far far more to do with who he is perceived to be/how much money he earns than what he's ding on the pitch. Could he have been better? Absolutely. Has he been 'shift'? Absolutely not. And might I add, Finney is correct too IMO, how anyone can watch last weekend's goal and call his contribution minimal, or his pass to Chadli poor, beggars belief.

Adebayor's involvement in the goal against Southampton started a little earlier than him playing the pass into Chadli. Again this makes me wonder whether some on here didn't actually see the match - as it was Adebayor's play before the pass that was the more impressive bit and play that I feel neither Soldado or Kane would've given us.

And some would disagree

- Ade had a significant part in THAT goal
- overall, I didn't find his contribution was good for the game, and unlike others, I find his constant out of position play vastly frustrating.
- Did he have a shot on goal?
- Can't say how anyone could really argue Kane and/or Soldado would not have matched or improved the level of contribution to the team (Kane has a better goal/assist ration this season than Ade for the stat hounds)

This is interesting.

I think it basically shows that the player that is playing AMC is not doing a good enough job breaking into the box. Chadli is doing a good job but he's usually doing it playing in the wide position but the central player (usually Eriksen this season) has to do more to get into the box. When Ade comes deep..Eriksen's instinct has to be to attack the box immediately but we're not seeing that a lot yet

This article also shows that Kane should be very good in that role if given a proper chance.

Absolutely bang-on IMO (KD - this could be a first for us ;)).

Part of my low-level rumbles about Ericksen have come from the fact I do not believe he is doing enough in the current set-up, although obviously he is our most creative player, so he is a solid conundrum. But there is loads of space outside the box for the attacking three behind the drifting one to move into, and the truth is they aren't taking advantage enough. Lamela needs to shoot more/be more direct too, but I suspect this will come with confidence.

All of this is one of the main reasons I am sad that Lennon has not seized the moment, as pre-season he was getting into those central spots at great speed (albeit again without much end product - which might be what's cooking his current goose with Poch so-to-speak).

I also think that on the basis of the fact he is unafraid to have a dig, Kane would be great in Ade's spot, and given his relationship with Soldado, those two might work very well together if Soldado is one of the three 'behind' off whom Kane drops to create space/thread passes.

But I think the criticism of Ade is actually bordering on hysterical in certain cases, and has far far more to do with who he is perceived to be/how much money he earns than what he's ding on the pitch. Could he have been better? Absolutely. Has he been 'shift'? Absolutely not. And might I add, Finney is correct too IMO, how anyone can watch last weekend's goal and call his contribution minimal, or his pass to Chadli poor, beggars belief.

Eriksen hasn't played there most of the time there though. He's been on the right and the left recently too.
But for me Lamela should play in the middle and Eriksen on the left. Kane or Chadli on the right

People talk of him being lazy.... Seriously????? Ade may be a lot of things but I really can't see where this lazy tag comes from.

I have never called him lazy, I just think he simply has not looked remotely dangerous in front of goal, 1 goal in 7 league starts is not enough.

Funny thing, in his first season at Spurs Lineker did not score his first league goal until his 7th or 8th league match that season but alas unlike Lineker I do not foresee him going on to win the Golden Boot in the same season

Funny thing, in his first season at Spurs Lineker did not score his first league goal until his 7th or 8th league match that season but alas unlike Lineker I do not foresee him going on to win the Golden Boot in the same season

Not really a fair comparison because they play completely different roles in their teams. Lineker was undoubtedly world class but I think that he would about as successful at trying to play Ade's role as Ade would be at his.

Maybe so, but he is playing as our sole central striker so he needs to score goals, that is the bottom line

All of our front four need to score goals for Poch's system to work. What I am puzzling over is what is worse for our system; a striker not scoring or a striker making less of a team contribution?

Not really a fair comparison because they play completely different roles in their teams. Lineker was undoubtedly world class but I think that he would about as successful at trying to play Ade's role as Ade would be at his.

Not having a go at you but this infuriates me. Why do we over complicate things? They don't play 'completely different roles' they're both strikers. Both paid to knock the roundy roundy leather in the onion bag.

All of our front four need to score goals for Poch's system to work. What I am puzzling over is what is worse for our system; a striker not scoring or a striker making less of a team contribution?

A strikers team contribution is scoring. Forget assists he's paid to hit the target.

Well we know he can score goals. We know he can contribute to attacking play. Everyone knows he needs to slot a few home. Hopefully he will soon. No doubt that the fluidity of our attack, does detract from him scoring. With players interchanging Ade has less time on the last defender and in front of goal. I think Poch needs to redress the balance a little. Yes create space for Chadli to run into, but play more of your game infront of goal Ade.

Not having a go at you but this infuriates me. Why do we over complicate things? They don't play 'completely different roles' they're both strikers. Both paid to knock the roundy roundy leather in the onion bag.

Indeed. I would rather he was playing crap and scoring than OK/half decent or even well and and not scoring. There's a general feeling amongst some that a lot of people have it in for him and won't change their opinions of him. You can also flip that around, some point to his good record in front of goal for Spurs, but not he's not scoring and also two seasons ago when Bale was carrying us, he's not scoring but apparently still playing well.

Well we know he can score goals. We know he can contribute to attacking play. Everyone knows he needs to slot a few home. Hopefully he will soon. No doubt that the fluidity of our attack, does detract from him scoring. With players interchanging Ade has less time on the last defender and in front of goal. I think Poch needs to redress the balance a little. Yes create space for Chadli to run into, but play more of your game infront of goal Ade.

actually i think that is in a rapid and irreversible decline and he used to do all that but can't now.

he is running and chasing like a mad dog when the camera is on him and he knows thats all he is doing to be a fan favorite.

not surprised the players aren't warming up to him - its not his strength as he is used to playing whatever he wants, as if he wants to be the star and centre of attention. he doesn't run to support the play like the rest do, he will never develop a good level of understanding with those around him, he is wrong for this role IMO.

Well we know he can score goals. We know he can contribute to attacking play. Everyone knows he needs to slot a few home. Hopefully he will soon.

And how long do we give him? Supposing he scores just one goal in the three matches, will that really be good enough for you?

actually i think that is in a rapid and irreversible decline and he used to do all that but can't now.

he is running and chasing like a mad dog when the camera is on him and he knows thats all he is doing to be a fan favorite.

not surprised the players aren't warming up to him - its not his strength as he is used to playing whatever he wants, as if he wants to be the star and centre of attention. he doesn't run to support the play like the rest do, he will never develop a good level of understanding with those around him, he is wrong for this role IMO.

pretty much in agreement with all of this.

hahahahahah he's chasing "when the camera is on him". Yes of course he is...of course he knows exactly when the camera pans to him and only goes chasing because he knows at that exact moment the camera is on him. Of course of course this is the case, yes.

It's also passed off as fact that the "players are not warming up to him":ross::ross:

There's been no reports about this, no rumours about this...nada...but because one person asks if there's an issue with him and eriksen it's now evolved into this:ross:

In two pages time someone will have a go at his hair.

And how long do we give him? Supposing he scores just one goal in the three matches, will that really be good enough for you?

I guess for Poch, if Ade's scoring a goal every 3 games, and we're winning all 3 games then yes he will stick by the big man. This PL team has played just two games unchanged together. There are lots of areas for improvement. But you need time for the team to settle to work on them. I think the more important question is about performance. Has Ade/ the attack put in promising performances? What could they do better, how can this be achieved?

The way the front 4 press the ball can work - see the arrse goal. But without playing a high line they are often sprinting around the pitch closing down which leaves them a little dead on their feet for the last quarter of games. I'd also like Ade to hold his position as a striker a little more, but keep switching positions now and again as it creates space for Chadli and others.

hahahahahah he's chasing "when the camera is on him". Yes of course he is...of course he knows exactly when the camera pans to him and only goes chasing because he knows at that exact moment the camera is on him. Of course of course this is the case, yes.

Engage your brain and you'll understand what he means. It's perfectly explained further down in the same post. He's the kind of player that's perfectly happy to stand there and watch his team mates attack if he knows he's not going to be involved. He won't bust a gut just to provide support off the ball.

Back