• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

Coaching seems to be overlooked nowadays but just look at Liverpool on Sunday they had a midfield of Lucas, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho and Sterling playing top drawer incisive pass and move football. They're not the best players in the world, they're good players obviously but it's down to Brendan Rodgers' coaching ability that has them playing that way. We don't have a bunch of static dopes playing for us(not all of them anyway), they just obviously weren't being taught all that well or weren't receptive to AVB's methods. Walker and Rose most certainly have it in them to perform the "Zabaleta" type role and a front four of Eriksen/Lamela/Soldado/Adebayor offers potential for the kind of movement you see from City's front four. AVB can say he didn't choose the players we signed but even then, there's no excuse for what we saw on Sunday, the majority of the players he has to choose from are full internationals for some of the best countries in the world, they shouldn't be out there looking like a bunch of strangers and getting humilated by a side with a similar level of talent.

I agree with you totally. Also look at how Martinez has rejuvenated Everton, it was his coaching and management that has made the difference

I agree with you totally. Also look at how Martinez has rejuvenated Everton, it was his coaching and management that has made the difference

For me, Martinez was the one for us if it wasn't going to be AVB (I won't deny that I wanted AVB hands down)…but Martinez always really impressed me, plus he's done his time in these leagues and this nation with regards to understanding all the nuances.

Where I think Martinez is so much classier than, say, Rodgers, is that I feel pretty sure we inquired about him, and that even if at early stages he would not ever go to a club who did not have a chairman like Whelan. At Everton he has Kenwright, a total 100% supporter. And if he had gone to Man Utd, he'd have had a chairman there who doesn't interfere. Honestly, my greatest fear is that when Wenger decides he's had enough, Martinez ends up at the goons. He'd do very very well there...

Hopefully Sherwood is able to get the best out of Big Bad Ade just like Redknapp did back in 11/12 [-o<

@WhoScored: Emmanuel Adebayor: Before his brace against Southampton today, Adebayor last scored a PL brace in May 2012 (vs Bolton) #THFC

@OptaJoe: 4 - Emmanuel Adebayor has now scored four goals in his last five Premier League appearances. Menace.

@Football_GIF: Adebayor Dance . LMAO That referee's look https://vine.co/v/hE1UjZL6OqI \o/

‏@Squawka: Chris Foy's face when Emmanuel Adebayor did his dance. #THFC pic.twitter.com/4pzz9f9AZU :ross:
BcGXQiXCIAEjEqs.jpg

It'll be interesting to see whether anything from AVB's side of this ever surfaces.

For the games this season, if AVB had the Ade from today playing up front rather than Defoe or Soldado up front alone I think it would have gone very differently. Ade's finishing has been very good but whats really been a breath of fresh air has been his ability to beat a man, a few times today he managed to receive the ball whilst marked and create something from nothing using his pace; We just haven't seen that from our other strikers.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...yor-reveals-tim-sherwood-peptalk-9020891.html

'Just get out there and play your football' - rejuvenated Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor reveals Tim Sherwood pep-talk

by Layth Yousif

Tottenham's two goal hero Emmanuel Adebayor has thanked interim boss Tim Sherwood for the turnaround in his game.

Speaking to Sky Sports immediately after Spurs 3-2 victory over Southampton at St Mary’s he said: “[Sherwood] just told me to go out there and play your normal game.

“He said to me: 'Emmanuel, I know you for a long time' and he was with Harry, he told me 'I need you, get out there, play your football, I will not tell you anything, you have been around the block, Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Real Madrid', you know how to play.

"For me, that was big confidence, the new manager telling me that, and I am very happy for him."

The Togolese forward who was shut out of the first team after a spat with Andre Villas-Boas before the Portuguese coach was sacked last week, spoke of having a difficult year:

“The last few months have been hard, and not just the last few months but 2012 too. My brother passed away, it was emotionally difficult, he was my senior brother, for me, it's for him.

"He left a son behind. I want to take care of him and his family. I went to the funeral and when I came back I lost my place in the team.

"I kept doing my job and as my father told me 'keep working hard'. Today it paid off and I am very happy."

The Spurs striker added: “I was very happy to be on the pitch. I have been working very hard. I want to thank my teammates. I am very pleased not just to score two goals today but to win the game. I am happy for the fans, the team and the new manager.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...yor-reveals-tim-sherwood-peptalk-9020891.html

'Just get out there and play your football' - rejuvenated Tottenham striker Emmanuel Adebayor reveals Tim Sherwood pep-talk

by Layth Yousif

Tottenham's two goal hero Emmanuel Adebayor has thanked interim boss Tim Sherwood for the turnaround in his game.

Speaking to Sky Sports immediately after Spurs 3-2 victory over Southampton at St Mary’s he said: “[Sherwood] just told me to go out there and play your normal game.

“He said to me: 'Emmanuel, I know you for a long time' and he was with Harry, he told me 'I need you, get out there, play your football, I will not tell you anything, you have been around the block, Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project, Real Madrid', you know how to play.

"For me, that was big confidence, the new manager telling me that, and I am very happy for him."

The Togolese forward who was shut out of the first team after a spat with Andre Villas-Boas before the Portuguese coach was sacked last week, spoke of having a difficult year:

“The last few months have been hard, and not just the last few months but 2012 too. My brother passed away, it was emotionally difficult, he was my senior brother, for me, it's for him.

"He left a son behind. I want to take care of him and his family. I went to the funeral and when I came back I lost my place in the team.

"I kept doing my job and as my father told me 'keep working hard'. Today it paid off and I am very happy."

The Spurs striker added: “I was very happy to be on the pitch. I have been working very hard. I want to thank my teammates. I am very pleased not just to score two goals today but to win the game. I am happy for the fans, the team and the new manager.”

Building his confidence there.

I still don't think he is the answer for us long term but I won't deny he COULD end up being a major asset for us until May. A motivated and rejuvanated Adebayor is more valubale to us than Defoe.

Now Ade has to show everyone that today's performance wasn't a one off. The ball is firmly in his court now...and I hope to GHod he knows that.

He was an absolute beast today on the pitch.

Dear GHod, we are back to "go out there and run around a bit"

what else would you say to someone like Ade. Like Sherwood said, Ade is old enough and ugly to enough to know what is required, he has played for big clubs in big games. Whatever sherwood said, it had a positive effect

footballers are notoriously not the smartest of people so isnt it better not to unnecessarily overload them with useless information and just tell them to go out and play their best? in training they can be coached on certain things, but just before a match it simply takes good man management to stir the fires of players

Get him playing well to the summer, sell him when his value is highest (and move Defoe along as well) and bring in 2 younger strikers please.

Great performance today though, hopefully we see more of that.

Back