• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Official - Adebayor

I think AVB was right to freeze him out for the start of this season tbh, maybe not to the extent that he did, but I've seen enough and I'm sure AVB saw enough of him last season to realise that he isn't the answer for us in the long term.

Oh and did anyone understand a word he said during the interview after the game? Me neither.

Whether that's the case or not we haven't got any strikers who are the answer for us long term, so to freeze him out with the talent he has especially when he was beginning to show some form towards the end of last season was ridiculous....

So if AVB had not been so stubborn and had actually given Ade a chance maybe he would still be in charge today

Probably not, chances are AVB would've told Ade to " extrapolate his immense energy reserves in order to violate the interstellar positioning of the opposing players while removing vivication from his aural realms" or something like that.

Adebayor and Soldado gave us good WIDTH today as well. We had a narrow midfield with Sigg and Lamela tucked in, so when we played it forwards into the wide areas either one of the strikers went and got hold of it, with the other striker still being up front... it was nice to see.

Is that the way City play too? 2 pages ago people were asking where the width comes from with a narrow midfield... and I think today we saw it was one of the forwards, as often as it was the fullbacks.

I think the fullbacks were told not to push forward too far as we were away, and had zero defensive midfielders playing

Yep i remember him given a chance last season and him playing poorly. He then plays very well at the end of the season and then is dropped for the new season and not given a chance. He then gets a 45 minute 'chance' against city (personally i think the manager had ulterior motives in that game but thats another story) and then dropped from the squad again.

At least now it looks like he'll get a proper chance.

Dropped for the new season? I seem to remember him missing pre-season of his own volition.

Whether that's the case or not we haven't got any strikers who are the answer for us long term, so to freeze him out with the talent he has especially when he was beginning to show some form towards the end of last season was ridiculous....

He shouldn't have been starting but I do agree he should have been in the squad more at least.

Dropped for the new season? I seem to remember him missing pre-season of his own volition.

didnt his brother die?????

perspective.

didnt he return to be told with no reason he would be training with the kids.....

Not ade's biggest fan but if sherwood can get ade playing like that then we can only get better as the season develops.

didnt his brother die?????

perspective.

What perspective is there other than the fact that he ended the summer not fit enough to play football?

We all have bereavements and most of us just carry on because some things are more important than whether we're sad.

What perspective is there other than the fact that he ended the summer not fit enough to play football?

We all have bereavements and most of us just carry on because some things are more important than whether we're sad.

true if you mean looking after kids or someone who is dependent on you...you have to carry on...

dont get me wrong football is serious to me...but an upset & broken hearted player is of little use to us..... AVB should have handled situation better and if he had he prob would still be our manager.

a fired up ade is a massive + for us if thats what Sherwood can do...

Probably not, chances are AVB would've told Ade to " extrapolate his immense energy reserves in order to violate the interstellar positioning of the opposing players while removing vivication from his aural realms" or something like that.

AVB = The Merovingian from The Matrix Reloaded.

true if you mean looking after kids or someone who is dependent on you...you have to carry on...

dont get me wrong football is serious to me...but an upset & broken hearted player is of little use to us..... AVB should have handled situation better and if he had he prob would still be our manager.

a fired up ade is a massive + for us if thats what Sherwood can do...

Not just that, no. I mean work too - I suspect any of us taking that long to return to work would be first on the "get rid" list. Especially if we were earning disproportionately more than our output warranted.

What exactly are you talking about? his BROTHER DIED.

I've said this before...people that make these sorts of comments are the ones that have probably lived a sheltered life were they've suffered little to no personal tragedy.

What exactly are you talking about? his BROTHER DIED.

I've said this before...people that make these sorts of comments are the ones that have probably lived a sheltered life were they've suffered little to no personal tragedy.

My grandfather died on Monday morning at 3am. I was at work a little late but there by 10.

Death happens, you get sad. Then you pack away your training bra and get on with living - that's how it works. If you really can't bear to go to a training ground for a couple of hours 3 days a week then at least stay match fit.

Not just that, no. I mean work too - I suspect any of us taking that long to return to work would be first on the "get rid" list. Especially if we were earning disproportionately more than our output warranted.

depends on whether you trust the individual......

if I were a boss and I trusted him and belived he could make a positive contribution to our team I would say 'take as long as you need' 'we need you but we need you to be focused'

I do think maybe you are being a little harsh...but each to their own.

My grandfather died on Monday morning at 3am. I was at work a little late but there by 10.

Death happens, you get sad. Then you pack away your training bra and get on with living - that's how it works. If you really can't bear to go to a training ground for a couple of hours 3 days a week then at least stay match fit.

sorry to hear that about you grandfather.

we are all different.....we all handle death/tragedy a little different.

depends on whether you trust the individual......

if I were a boss and I trusted him and belived he could make a positive contribution to our team I would say 'take as long as you need' 'we need you but we need you to be focused'

I do think maybe you are being a little harsh...but each to their own.

We're a football club, not his wet nurse.

He's a grown man and a very well paid one at that. He needs to do his job.

He also has previous from the ACN. Returning on time isn't really his thing, is it?

We're a football club, not his wet nurse.

He's a grown man and a very well paid one at that. He needs to do his job.

He also has previous from the ACN. Returning on time isn't really his thing, is it?

I suppose you could compare Lampard who played on when his mother died.....but as I said all individuals are different....

listen I am not his biggest fan and lots of things he has done have frustrated me but Im not going to beat him with a stick over this particular issue.

Do you understand losing your grandfather isn't comparable to losing a brother or sister?

If my brother died i would be feeling suicidal ffs. I mean eventually i might learn to live with it but it would take me years. When my dad passed a few years ago i was mentally ****ed, it was such a depressing feeling (even to this day). People react differently i guess but i would never criticise someone for taking a long time to get over it. Football? training? who gives a ****.

Do you understand losing your grandfather isn't comparable to losing a brother or sister?

If my brother died i would be feeling suicidal ffs. I mean eventually i might learn to live with it but it would take me years. When my dad passed a few years ago i was mentally ****ed, it was such a depressing feeling (even to this day). People react differently i guess but i would never criticise someone for taking a long time to get over it. Football? training? who gives a ****.

I guess it is a cultural thing, we used to have a thing called the stiff upper lip, people aspired to the Blitz spirit where we just got on with things. When my father was in the home with his alzheimers i used to sit in the car after visiting him and sit there and have a little cry. But when i got home i never let on in front of the child or the wife.

We have a duty to our loved ones in this world and to the memory of our dead loved ones to get on with things and make them proud. I think a lot of youngsters these days are addicted to pain and love a drama. Losing a brother or parent is very sad but we will have to experience death of loved ones, it is a part of life and a few days off to sort things out and of course you will be sad about it for years but you still have to go to work.

Personally I think the loss of a close family member is more important than playing football. Ade said it was the brother he was closest to and that he had left a little boy behind and it sounds like Ade sorted out care, money etc for his young nephew.

Of course I understand there's a difference, I don't expect him back within hours. But equally, two months is ridiculous. Two months and unfit is unforgivable.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on this occasion if he didn't have previous. Remember the last time he asked for time off? He took the **** then too.

Back