• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

I do wonder how Emirates Marketing Project will manage to keep the likes of Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo and Jovetic happy with first team football!? None of them are the 'younger striker', happy to sit on the bench in a World Cup year. Also wonder how much each of them are earning?

My guess would be:
Aguero £220.000 p/w, Dzeko £150.000, Negredo £100.000, Jovetic £110.000

Lack of quality certainly but if you wanna go for the EL, FA Cup, CL (possibly the league) you need three strikers. I would get rid of Ade but get in a youngish striker

3 out and out strikers? I'm not so sure.

Dempsey can do a job up front, some reports saying that Chadli can play as a striker and of course we'll (hopefully) have the option of playing Bale as the striker.

From a footballing perspective: When you play with a lone striker it's notoriously difficult to keep 3 strikers happy and match fit unless you have serious injury problems. And when that third choice striker is called upon I think a good argument can be made that it's better to have someone like Dempsey, Chadli or Bale match fit, but perhaps playing slightly out of position than a striker void of confidence and game time.

From a financial perspective: Having players somewhat unhappy sitting on the bench lacking game time is a massive financial drain too. Forget resale value if the player doesn't get on the pitch regularly, just look at Bent at Aston Villa and the drop in value they've seen in the last season since he's been benched. Along with wages the cost of having 3 out and out strikers when you play a lone striker system like 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 is significant.

If we find the right young forward capable of playing as a striker and in slightly deeper roles, with the talent to develop and the current ability to really help us out and the patience to sit on the bench for a considerable amount of time available for the right price then by all means go for it. I can't think of many players like that off the top of my head. Perhaps more realistically is someone very young that can play for the reserve side week in week out, but with the ability to step it up in case of serious injury problems, once again though I don't think a ton of those players are available.

I do wonder how Emirates Marketing Project will manage to keep the likes of Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo and Jovetic happy with first team football!? None of them are the 'younger striker', happy to sit on the bench in a World Cup year. Also wonder how much each of them are earning?

Jovetic isn't probably more comfortable in a deeper role. Both Dzeko and Negredo are out and out strikers, they will probably rarely be on the pitch at the same time. Aguero is capable of playing a deeper role, but will he be happy doing that? I'm not so sure.

Despite their millions and relative success on the pitch City might struggle keeping all those players happy, we might very well see one off Dzeko or Negredo wanting to leave next summer and they will probably have to sell at a considerable loss.

What is the deal with Ade these days? I know he was given time off for compassionate leave but is he in training, injured or being held hostage in the phantom zone?

There was some comment from Ade a week or so ago saying that he didn't want to go to Turkey and would prefer to stay in the PL. Just wonder how many takers there would be for him given his performances last year. The top 5 or 6 could afford his wages but probably wouldn't want him whereas for others he would be a bloody expensive gamble

There was some comment from Ade a week or so ago saying that he didn't want to go to Turkey and would prefer to stay in the PL. Just wonder how many takers there would be for him given his performances last year. The top 5 or 6 could afford his wages but probably wouldn't want him whereas for others he would be a bloody expensive gamble

A loan to palace with us paying half his wages according to holloway.

I think if we cant get rid, the club will just have to accept we've got a third choice striker on first choice wages, and thats the way it goes.

Back