• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emmanuel Adebayor - Officially gone \o/

Re: Adebayor

Kane?? :eek: id rather stick with a rubbish Ade

Why? Kane might be brick but at least he'd be a hell of a lot cheaper. Ade was fudging dire last season. Having someone up front who would have been willing to run and try would have yielded more than Ade last season.

He cares more about being centre of attention.

Which is circular, as if he wanted to be the centre of attention he'd try hard and people would pay attention to the good things he can do.

He didn't seem bothered for the first half of the season when Defoe was playing up front. Though that was probably because he got a few niggles that kept him out.

Edit: Damnit, i was doing well to stay out of this thread until today.

Last edited:

Pointless going round in circles.. Everything been said to death in the Ade thread that was put into classics for some reason.

yet this is not an uknown way of playing a 433. to have the central figure as a pivot to feed off of.

you dont have to be a chronic scorer, infact i would guess that in a 433 you actually want to focus on someone that has the ability to work up top on their own as opposed to a pure goal scorer

---------Sandro--------Dembele----------
----------------Paulinho------------------
New Player-----Bale--------New Player

That is what I think we may end up going for, but AVB will want the front three to be fluid and all be able to play in each others positions.

I'm hearing that Peter Adebayor, the junior brother of Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor, has died today.

As yet, this is an unconfirmed report.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/29/emmanuel-adebayor-high-on-besiktas-agenda-confirms-president-3903196/

Besiktas have outlined their intentions to seal a deal for Tottenham’s Emmanuel Adebayor – but only if they are cleared of match-fixing.

The Turkish outfit are currently banned from the 2013/14 Europa League, but have appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and are confident of getting the decision overturned.

Should they be successful, Besiktas will aim to complete the £6.6million signing of the out of favour Spurs frontman.

Besiktas president Fikret Orman said: ‘We are interested in Adebayor. The transfer could still go ahead.

‘The deal breaker for Adebayor was whether we would play in Europe this season, as soon as we are cleared I will travel to London and complete the deal.’

Adebayor will likely see his first-team opportunities limited next season with the imminent arrival of Roberto Soldado from Valencia, and Spurs are keen to get his lofty wages off their books in time for the new campaign.

Get rid of Ade and replace with who? Going into the season with just Defoe and say Soldado just puts us back to square one ...

Get rid of Ade and replace with who? Going into the season with just Defoe and say Soldado just puts us back to square one ...

Not if Soldado is better than Defoe and(/or) Adebayor. Then we would be improved. Being improved is by definition not square one by my definitions at least.

Our problem up front last season wasn't a lack of quantity, but a lack of quality.

Not if Soldado is better than Defoe and(/or) Adebayor. Then we would be improved. Being improved is by definition not square one by my definitions at least.

Our problem up front last season wasn't a lack of quantity, but a lack of quality.

Lack of quality certainly but if you wanna go for the EL, FA Cup, CL (possibly the league) you need three strikers. I would get rid of Ade but get in a youngish striker

It depends, if AVB don't rate him, it's a helluva lot of wages sitting on the bench. If Besiktas takes him of our hands and we get a young hungry striker that AVB could work with instead, I can't really see the downside.

And its not like Adebayor has a history of knuckling down and working hard to get back into the side when he's lost his place.

It depends, if AVB don't rate him, it's a helluva lot of wages sitting on the bench. If Besiktas takes him of our hands and we get a young hungry striker that AVB could work with instead, I can't really see the downside.

And its not like Adebayor has a history of knuckling down and working hard to get back into the side when he's lost his place.

True, but then we have to buy (a) a proven striker (Soldado?) and (b) a young striker who is good enough to play regularly if needed.
Going into the season with Soldado (?) and Defoe as our only "proper" strikers - plus Dempsey (but I don't see him as a a striker as such) - would be foolish, IMO.

Besides, on ability, I rate Ade as our best striker today. When he performes, he's top top quality, unfortunately, he rarely did last season.

Lack of quality certainly but if you wanna go for the EL, FA Cup, CL (possibly the league) you need three strikers. I would get rid of Ade but get in a youngish striker

I do wonder how Emirates Marketing Project will manage to keep the likes of Aguero, Dzeko, Negredo and Jovetic happy with first team football!? None of them are the 'younger striker', happy to sit on the bench in a World Cup year. Also wonder how much each of them are earning?

Back