• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

That defence looks worringly average especially when you look at who they are up against.

Really surprised by Jan's omission. There must be something not all that great going on there.

Why?

Fazio has been with the squad all week, Vertonghen has been with Belgium.

Maybe Poch rates Fazio higher, but has given him time to adapt to his new surroundings?

....................Lloris,
Dier, Fazio, Kaboul (c), Rose;
.............Capoue, Mason;
......Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela;
.................Soldado

subs: Vorm, Vertonghen, Dembele, Stambouli, Townsend, Adebayor, Kane

Fazio to deal with Dzeko..........Yeah :eek:k: :bash:...........:jam:COYS :jam:!!!!!

Love the new emotion thingies lol well done guys !

Is that the official team lineup ?

Don't like Kaboul partnering Fazio in defence. Kaboul needs more experienced defender beside him or he will make stupid mistakes. Hope he will do well though. Also, good that Soldado is starting. Atleast he will attack more than Adebayor. Hope the Chadli-Eriksen-Lamela partnership in midfield will do something to help us get a positive result.

Interesting line up. Delighted that Lloris is fit. I think Kane should have started instead of Soldado, and would have preferred a more defensive mid, Stambouli or Demebele to Lamela.

Whatever the team I would probably have predicted a defeat, and this team definitely looks like a losing one to me.

Soldado starting is all about Ade being on international duty midweek imo.

You're right about the cv situation though...those two against a nippy aguero...Hmmmm.

I agree it must be........and although Kane deserves a start im not sure where that would leave Soldado's motivation/confidence if Kane was selected over him.

Don't like Kaboul partnering Fazio in defence. Kaboul needs more experienced defender beside him or he will make stupid mistakes. Hope he will do well though. Also, good that Soldado is starting. Atleast he will attack more than Adebayor. Hope the Chadli-Eriksen-Lamela partnership in midfield will do something to help us get a positive result.

Fazio is an experienced defender. Was the captain at his last club. Not the easiest game to make his first PL start tho. It is a brave selection. But if Fazio is ready then so be it.

Yes that's the line-up ,,,,I'm a little worried for the cover Dier will get.

Fazio is a very experienced defender.
Unless you meant experienced within our team.

Even then, iF Fazio has now picked up the defensive shape and style that Poch wants, he could now be ready to partner Younes.

Why?

Fazio has been with the squad all week, Vertonghen has been with Belgium.

Maybe Poch rates Fazio higher, but has given him time to adapt to his new surroundings?

I think Vertonghen is the most talented defender at the club, and have a suspicion that his omissions from the PL team aren't based on ability. Especially when we have such a laborious time attemtping to move the ball into the attacking third.

Just the fact that he is constantly fit should more or less make him a starter in our defence.

Tom Clarks friends have arrived at the Etihad Stadium, they will be clapping in the 24th minute. #THFC

B0OVXc7IMAADdmL.jpg

Fazio is an experienced defender. Was the captain at his last club. Not the easiest game to make his first PL start tho. It is a brave selection. But if Fazio is ready then so be it.

Not strictly true. He was appointed captain for this coming season, but then joined us before he had a chance. Rakitic was Seville's captain.

But he's definitely experienced.

Just seen the goals again from the 5-1. I know it was battering, but f#ck me we had some bad luck early on that day and that flukey 5th, good grief

Just flicked on Soccer Saturday to see Thompson and Nicholas coating us off as usual so I switched straight back off again

Will we be able to keep Mozart from playing us a tune?

Looking forward to the game. I really want to see Mason and Capoue stamp their authority on a game. This will be one of the hardest and they will need Eriksen and Lamela to provide out balls and for them and to keep possession. I won't mind if we get beat but play well.

Back