• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Emirates Marketing Project Vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR *** OMT

....................Lloris,
Dier, Fazio, Kaboul (c), Rose;
.............Capoue, Mason;
......Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela;
.................Soldado

subs: Vorm, Vertonghen, Dembele, Stambouli, Townsend, Adebayor, Kane

Fazio to deal with Dzeko..........Yeah :eek:k: :bash:...........:jam:COYS :jam:!!!!!

Love the new emotion thingies lol well done guys !

Would have preferred Dembele for Mason today to give us a bit more power in midfield. I think it's possible to match City's central midfield today. And I am sceptical about Soldado. I also think it is a bad idea to drop Vertonghen when he and Kaboul have played well together for the last couple of games and started to show signs of developing a promising partnership. But maybe it is because he has been away playing for Belgium.

Can see how this one will go though........

Rarely gets a start.....when he does its against the champions (away).....lets beat him with a stick when it goes horribly wrong and he has barely had a touch (a bit like lamela being chucked in against them last year)

Or he scores the winner with a rebound off his ****.

Poch does it again - does what many have thought too. Ade on the bench. Fazio in. I bang on about our midfield, but that is key. How well will Mason and Capoue perform and how will those infront of them integrate/ transition into midfield?

Wow

Soldado over Ade I'm happy about. Soldado's movement is the best ammo we have against strong defences.

Fazio over Verts is a strange one. I'm not sure I'm happy with 2 powerful CBs up against Aguero and Silva, rather than a more cultured one.

Interesting! Didn't expect that. Finally Roberto starts with the first teamers - hopefully it's not a demoralising result!

My fear is the defence and that they've not started together...

Don't feel confident about this match at all. After the way we got thrashed at ManCity last season, it is hard to feel confident we can get anything out of this match. We have been very inconsistent so far this season. And we seem to be having problem scoring goals.

Apart from Chadli, no one seem to be scoring goals in the league. Wish Eriksen can be more consistent while Lamela needs to start scoring some goals. But atleast our midfield have been contributing. Our strikers have not been doing that so far this season. Can't see them getting many chances in this match. I am convinced, if we want to get anything out of this match, it has to come from either Chadli, Eriksen or Lamela.

On paper, this match is between the best away attack against the best away defence. ManCity have such a dangerous attack that we have to be worried about. Don't think our defence have been tested so far in away matches. This will be the real test. Can't help but worried about Kaboul. He always seems to get panic easily when we play big teams. Hope our defence will avoid any silly mistakes.

It will be a great boost to our confidence if we can get something from this match. Wish we can win this match. But will be satisfied with a draw.

Wow

Soldado over Ade I'm happy about. Soldado's movement is the best ammo we have against strong defences.

Fazio over Verts is a strange one. I'm not sure I'm happy with 2 powerful CBs up against Aguero and Silva, rather than a more cultured one.

If by cultured you mean slow and lazy...

There's nothing about Vertonghen's game that mean he'd be a better choice against quick forwards.

Wow

Soldado starting is all about Ade being on international duty midweek imo.

You're right about the cv situation though...those two against a nippy aguero...Hmmmm.

Valiant performance. zhit result is the most likely. But if we get the rub of the green you never know we might get a draw. Oh for a win. It would get our season fired up. Come on lads...

That defence looks worringly average especially when you look at who they are up against.

Really surprised by Jan's omission. There must be something not all that great going on there.

Nope, but Vertonghen and Ade did and Ade (and Bentaleb) only returned to training yesterday.

So we can see Poch's logic there. But it conveniently allows two players who should step up, into the team. Clever from Poch? We'll see. No doubt Ade will come on from the bench second half. Which could work well. Soldado will run his socks off and Ade can manage one half at full tilt.

Back