• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

Thanks for the breakdown, without even going into this depth of thought I was of the thinking it's likely to be a mountain out of a molehill - we all knew there was an issue with the squad for Europe and it's likely a case of Ange's priorities/thoughts differing from some on here.

We shall see in the coming weeks, whether Spence continues to get some minutes or not - likely Ange will clear it up one way or another in his next press conference anyway.....

Fans making mountains out of molehills, how dare you.;)

I don't look at Davies favourably in either UEFA or domestic cup tournaments over the years. In fact I would go as far as to say he's had some absolute shockers and been involved in some of our worst nights.

Playing in some of the worst "rotation" teams everyone loves, I'm all for resting players who need it but think it defies logic to believe you can throw any 11 players in a team and expect a good performance against organised teams. It also shows complete disrespect to your opponents and mugs who pay to attend the games.

Playing in some of the worst "rotation" teams everyone loves, I'm all for resting players who need it but think it defies logic to believe you can throw any 11 players in a team and expect a good performance against organised teams. It also shows complete disrespect to your opponents and mugs who pay to attend the games.

Well here's my stupid theory. I don't think you can if you keep changing managers as often as Spurs have done. I also don't think you can if you keep doing major overhauls of your squad in the summer. You also can't expect your young pups to get the system if you're not prepared to give them cameos in your first team in the league. Then they can feel what the system is really like to play in.

I was extremely critical of Ange against Fulham. Silva had been there since 2021 and moulded an entire squad right down to the academy over 2-3 years. He could make 5 changes because his boys, young and old, knew his system. Ange, new to the job, had played a few league games and had changed the entire tactical system......and made 8 changes. He got what he deserved.

I guess if my theory holds true when Ange gets the detail of his philosophy embedded deeper and deeper into his squad and can make changes without disrupting the tactical system. Jose and Conte never got to that point. I think it is probably still too early for Ange at this point as well. He should probably stick to a few changes and make sure a couple of guys get a complete rest on a Thursday evening. Over time we should see more seamless switching, but it will take a lot longer as Ange does like his very complex tactical system.

Well here's my stupid theory. I don't think you can if you keep changing managers as often as Spurs have done. I also don't think you can if you keep doing major overhauls of your squad in the summer. You also can't expect your young pups to get the system if you're not prepared to give them cameos in your first team in the league. Then they can feel what the system is really like to play in.

I was extremely critical of Ange against Fulham. Silva had been there since 2021 and moulded an entire squad right down to the academy over 2-3 years. He could make 5 changes because his boys, young and old, knew his system. Ange, new to the job, had played a few league games and had changed the entire tactical system......and made 8 changes. He got what he deserved.

I guess if my theory holds true when Ange gets the detail of his philosophy embedded deeper and deeper into his squad and can make changes without disrupting the tactical system. Jose and Conte never got to that point. I think it is probably still too early for Ange at this point as well. He should probably stick to a few changes and make sure a couple of guys get a complete rest on a Thursday evening. Over time we should see more seamless switching, but it will take a lot longer as Ange does like his very complex tactical system.

I don't think there's anything stupid with your theory, but most "fans" want to change managers if club doesn't win anything in 2/3 years or in some cases months.

Also, isn't this just the initial stage, and we name another squad if we progress?
Yes but still need player changes. Another keeper in Jan?
Right now....
- vdv amd udogie not fully fit
- romero suspended from first game.
Physio and fitness coaches have to deliver

Honestly I genuinely don't believe there's any drama here. There is a legitimate (or explainable reason) why he's been left out. It's do with our squad composition coupled with Europa restrictions.

If we ignore the Club Trained requirement there's only 21 spots available. In the general pecking order he's not ahead of any of our 15 Overseas players, so that's 6 spots available for the rest of our 7 Association Trained players. So one person had to miss out.

So back to the Club Trained, we only have 2 (Whiteman, Austin), so we might as well pick them. It means we can only name a max squad of 23.

So what were Ange's options, technically he could leave out Forster as he has those 2 others. But he clearly doesn't trust them, hence Forster back on the bench last game last game after injury.

Another option is to leave out the least favoured, that would be Werner. But Ange 's an attacking manager, so might opt for an extra attacker over a defender.

Regarding defensive cover I think he sees VdV and Davies covering LB and Gray as RB. Seems very thin though.

Bottom line this more about how much he doesn't trust Austin and Whiteman rather than any issue with Spence. IMO of course but of course I could be wrong.

Appendix - Squad breakdown:

View attachment 17625
Agreed. It's unfortunate because it would have been an opportunity for him and a good rotation option for Ange. But no drama as such.

Back