• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Destiny Udogie

I feel he has had the rawness that was impressive in the first 10 games of last season coached out of him in this system. He doesn’t look as dangerous at the moment.
I think it's as much about age and the lack of rotation options as it is about anything being coached out of him.

Swings in form will happen for young players. The full back role in this system is incredibly demanding physically and we had no real options for him. Could see in many games how he was really tiring into the second half last season.
Coming inside as an auxiliary #10 with the play building up behind him doesn't really seem the best role for him.
That is a fairly small part of his role for us.

I think he's more or less perfect for the inverted role. If I was going to point towards one weaknesses of his it's probably his ball striking, which also means his crossing is probably never going to be great, particularly from well out wide or deep. Very well suited to the inverted role he plays where there's more focus on dribbling, ball retention and combination play.

No surprise that he gets and assist from dribbling in a fairly tight area. And being able to do that is a big role for him here as well.

Really looking forward to see Udogie's second season with us. Hope it won't be too long before we see a fully fit Destiny as well.

Saying that, I also hope those stupid fouls he commits calm down at some point. He will need to start using his brain more in certain situations. I guess that will come though with more pitch time though.

I feel he has had the rawness that was impressive in the first 10 games of last season coached out of him in this system. He doesn’t look as dangerous at the moment.

I doubt it to be honest, more likely with young players [21] they do have times when they drop standards for a couple of games. He has proved he has talent now he will push on I would suggest.

udogie's comeback has been underwhelming, i hope he is fit enough as he missed a chunk of pre season games.
i don't see why ange doesn't use vdv at LB he does it well for country. and dragusin could use some game time.

Really looking forward to see Udogie's second season with us. Hope it won't be too long before we see a fully fit Destiny as well.

Saying that, I also hope those stupid fouls he commits calm down at some point. He will need to start using his brain more in certain situations. I guess that will come though with more pitch time though.
I don't think he's committed many stupid fouls. What I do believe, is that he's often been very harshly treated by refs! He's been yellow carded several times for perfect shoulder barges, where he simply was much stronger. When he makes more of a name of himself and becomes more known so to say, he'll be treated differently, sadly. Van Dijk wouldn't even get a fk against him for some of the tackles Udogie has been carded for.

Back