• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Re: Welcome Dempsey!

Anyone watched the internationals? What position was dempsey playing for team USA, how were his goals and assist...

His assist was a great flick on at the near post.

The first goal I think was squared by Eddie Johnson into the box and the ball rolled past the defenders. Dempsey had good movement and timing and managed to get onto the end of it. The second goal was actually a shot from Bradley that was probably going in, but Dempsey again got into good space and buried the ball just to make sure. He was playing behind the striker for most of the game and created problems for the Guatemalan defense.

what do you think would work - drop defoe have ade upfront and dempsey behind him? and sandro and dembele in support?

what do you think would work - drop defoe have ade upfront and dempsey behind him? and sandro and dembele in support?

I think it would help because Ade is more able to bring others into play. Defoe is usually the outlet, going for chances. So if Defoe takes a good shot that gets parried away, there's a good chance that Dempsey will be waiting to clean it up and sweep it into the net.
Also, I think Dempsey is just starting to shake off the rust, but he's been looking better and it's promising. Both he and Siggy have gone invisible at times so maybe it's something that's being worked on in training, to bring them into play more to build up our attack. Their movement is good, but once AVB gets them to contribute more to playmaking (like Siggy's pass to Lennon), our attack should become more potent.

What he always does. Slightly above average, experienced player who had 1 good season at Fulham last year. Not sure what fans expected of him - Del Piero in his prime?

I really want to be positive about him but it is unfortunately looking a little Pienaar-esque. He's obviously trying but it's just not coming off at the moment, perhaps trying too hard? For a player of his position he doesn't really seem to have it in his locker to do something special, and he's not the paciest either. Good finisher but we need someone to hold the ball up in the oppositions half.

Fulham have done very well getting Berba in for less then we paid for Clint...But I'm confident Dempsey will be a good player for us in time

Nice bump after a bad game and loss. I think the fans should boo him now and bombard his twitter feed with negative comments to improve his performances.

Watching him yesterday you can see he's trying to hard, he just needs to get his head up more and keep things simple. I'm also wondering if he's struggling to keep up with our counter attacking game as we are quick to counter and he does seem to not be playing at the same speed in his awareness.

He'll come good in time.

he was played out of position, so not fair to rate him in this game.

What exactly is his possition? Thought he could play LM? Personally Id put him upfront with Defoe rather than midfield.
Yesterday his biggest problem for me was that he kept going backwards with the ball... To the point where the crowd got on his back everytime he did it, coz he did it ALOT. Ade shoulda come on sooner.

But he werent the only one to have a bad game. Vertonghen had some dodgey moments and although Gallas had a decent game I feel he was to blame for atleast 2 of their goals.

But as always with fans theres a knee jerk reaction to a defeat, despite that it was a decent game and at times we looked decent despite missing 2 key players.

he only starts wide ... and quickly hustles into position to score.
he's not the the tippy-tappy type and prefers to pass and move quickly towards goal, rather than hold on to the ball.

i think we'll see him best with Ade upfront, lennon and bale in support.

he only starts wide ... and quickly hustles into position to score.
he's not the the tippy-tappy type and prefers to pass and move quickly towards goal, rather than hold on to the ball.

i think we'll see him best with Ade upfront, lennon and bale in support.

Mate, most games last season he played central and behind the striker - some games he was even the lone forward - during what was without a doubt his best year for Fulham. To be fair - I think AVB is trying to deploy him in a similar area albeit to less success.

Perhaps it's a case of confidence and acclimatisation - he definitely has the drive, work-rate and commitment. I sincerely hope he'd be offered more 'time' instead of going down Pienaar avenue

Really really massively dislike dempsey and get angry when he is in the team, in a way it is good because since zokora left i have not hated a player but now i have a player to hate again.

Demspey goes into the book of hate for being so awful and levy gets yet another page in the book for signing the useless yank bastard.

Due credit for Dempsey for scoring the winner against ManU. But he needs to show more goals like that to make him popular with Spurs fans. I think he needs to concentrate more on scoring tap-ins like that instead of long-range shots.

Dempsey made his debut as a sub in the 78th minute against Reading.
His first start was against QPR so he has made 5 starts in the EPL and scored the winner in 2 of them.
Is that correct?

Last edited:

Dampsey made his debut as a sub in the 78th minute against Reading.
His first start was against QPR so he has made 5 starts in the EPL and scored the winner in 2 of them.
Is that correct?

if he doesnt start being more effective, that name is going to stick

Perhaps Dempsey should direct his penalties towards the other side of the goal in future...

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/spor...m_tottenham_hotspur_s_clint_dempsey_1_1677826

Norwich City goalkeeper Mark Bunn admitted he is in technology’s debt last night after his dramatic late penalty save helped the Canaries secure a quarter-final tie against Paul Lambert’s Aston Villa in the Capital One Cup.

...“Before the game we study penalties and luckily enough before the game I saw his penalty and he went the same way,” said the 27-year-old, who arrived from Blackburn in the summer. “One of the lads has got an iPad so I watched about three or four on there. He had about two or three penalties with his previous club and he went the same way every time. Luckily enough he went that way again.”...

Mate, most games last season he played central and behind the striker - some games he was even the lone forward - during what was without a doubt his best year for Fulham. To be fair - I think AVB is trying to deploy him in a similar area albeit to less success.

Perhaps it's a case of confidence and acclimatisation - he definitely has the drive, work-rate and commitment. I sincerely hope he'd be offered more 'time' instead of going down Pienaar avenue

I think so. He also had a poor pre-season so not surprising that it might take him some time to adjust. Defoe isn't the easiest striker for people to play next to or behind either.

Just needs to keep making those runs and get himself into the box and I think he will be getting goals and "turn it around", although I don't think he's been bad enough to warrant even half the criticism being thrown his way.

Back