• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

I think he's okay, he knows how to sniff a goal, and feeds off scraps very well ... as a front man, leading the team and the line ? He hasn't got that type of game and confidence. Maybe we should sing his name instead of slagging him off, other players too - team feeds off what the fans give off, it's a self fulfilling prophecy, chicken and egg, infernal/eternal loop.

However, we shouldn't rely on him carrying the ball or cycling it back to front, it's not his natural inclination. But he can score goals, valuable goals.

It's very harsh on him but you just can't help looking at Berbatov's impact at Fulham.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/video/allvideos-22327918/31055556

I really hope Dempsey comes good but you can't even say that he looks that much more pacier than Berbatov at present. Having someone who can score tap ins is great as long as it works in the system, which it definitely doesn't as we're severely lacking creativity and the ability to hold the ball up, not only in midfield, but up front as well.

Maybe Berbatov didn't want to come back, perhaps he wanted a new challenge working under a familiar face, has anyone given that idea much thought?

I am frustrated by our slow play and think that that is why we are struggling. All moves seem to be laboured rather than the quick, slick, passing which we were playing, at times, under Redknapp.

I'd almost go so far as to say that confidence is a big issue for all of out players. We collapsed at the end third of last season and our performances are yet to recover. We, as fans, need to get behind our players and make as much noise as we can for them. Really scream the roof off when we score and make a lot of noise with positive attacking play. Sing the rest of the time.

We need to take some part in getting the team re-established and getting behind them, raising their confidence, is the part that we can play.

As for Dempsey, he's an excellent player who will show this with time.

What is that video about - doesn't want to play in my 'location'

ah it's just a look at Berbatov's impact for Fulham, essentially talking through his performance in the 2-2 draw against Everton. Looking at his movement and ability to hold the ball up mainly

Look he wasnt the only one who was brick today BUT he is the only one who was never good enough for us in the first place. Bale Lennon were brick today but in my view thats due to tactics but at least they have shown good things this season. Dempsey - wow

I really would like to see an "Being Tottenham" documentary being made during the transfer window to find out, how we were heavily linked with Moutinho, Isco and Willian - and then ended up with this guy!

Was Levy at fault - does he not want to put money where the mouth is?

Incredible

Ade always had to start today but then we have a choice between Dempsey and the hatrick hero and guess who wins? WTF

Maybe we can get our money back come january and sell him to Liverpool then invest that cash on someone else. I'm pretty sure Liverpool will still want him.

Did AVB really pick him as an extra body in midfield and a late runner into the box of chances from Ade ? I think he's more naturally further forward, but I would have preferred Ade and Defoe for today's Emirates Marketing Project game, fah sure

Goodbye Dempsey.

Dont let your spurs career hit your arse on the way out.

In language that you would understand: youre a wasteman.

Back