• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

I think they've come out on top this window.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
Failed to get the target they focussed 80% of the window on despite knowing the fee and what was needed
And then Failed to get the next big money target so brought a player a rival didn’t want
But….
I’d argue they brought well
And I actually think they got what they needed
But it can’t be a success when they didn’t get the big targets they wanted
I’m sure people will spin it to suit

Agree. Key word is progress... we are slipping away from top four and the others are reinforcing decently in many areas. Porro improves us but still I think not enough for this season.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
We were good enough for top 4 last season.
We've added the players in the summer and Porro and Danjuma this January.

Arsenal and United look to be performing better. City are City. We have a good headstart on Liverpool and Chelsea. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are basically Arsenal from last season...they are the ones we can catch.

So we are as we were. Probably better in fact as our starting point is better considering Conte hasn't got us playing yet. How much that was down to 1 game a week will be telling.

We were good enough for top 4 last season.
We've added the players in the summer and Porro and Danjuma this January.

Arsenal and United look to be performing better. City are City. We have a good headstart on Liverpool and Chelsea. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are basically Arsenal from last season...they are the ones we can catch.

So we are as we were. Probably better in fact as our starting point is better considering Conte hasn't got us playing yet. How much that was down to 1 game a week will be telling.

Utd we can catch. Eriksen out and if they get past barca, a lot of games to play.

The time it's taking for us to complete a medical for Porro, I doubt we will be doing any more business in this window.

I would hardly call it backing Conte, seems more to me like we have added a couple of bodies to help, without spending much of our budget, which we are saving for the next man (Pochettino) as they have accepted the fact Conte is leaving in Summer, whether he delivers the FA Cup or not

There's no way we can catch Saudi Sportswashing Machine; they've got Sean Longstaff and Callum Wilson. We've only got Bentancur and Kane. We're doomed.

Dont forget JoelIinton, apparantly he has turned his career around this season with those 4 goals....

The time it's taking for us to complete a medical for Porro, I doubt we will be doing any more business in this window.

I would hardly call it backing Conte, seems more to me like we have added a couple of bodies to help, without spending much of our budget, which we are saving for the next man (Pochettino) as they have accepted the fact Conte is leaving in Summer, whether he delivers the FA Cup or not

I think thats a very glass half empty view:

1) signing any more than 2 players in Jan is unusual. We've signed two players who are experienced pros rather than kids. One of those two will be a first 11 player, the other more or less always on the bench. Thats a good Jan window

2) "spending much of our budget" - need to look at the capital committed rather than cash spent. We're committing £45m for Porro plus whatever the loan fee for Danjuma is. Call is £50m in a Jan window - thats a decent outlay, particularly with minimal sales or loan fees

He flew in last night and stayed at the training ground. The medical was done first thing this morning. We have no rush to announce it.

1) signing any more than 2 players in Jan is unusual. We've signed two players who are experienced pros rather than kids. One of those two will be a first 11 player, the other more or less always on the bench. Thats a good Jan window

2) "spending much of our budget" - need to look at the capital committed rather than cash spent. We're committing £45m for Porro plus whatever the loan fee for Danjuma is. Call is £50m in a Jan window - thats a decent outlay, particularly with minimal sales or loan fees

It is going to be interesting to see how many games Porro gets. I dont expect him to play Sunday, probably a big ask, but if he is a Conte request I expect to see make his debut v Leicester.
Danjuma I dont know yet, didnt get enough minutes v Preston to make any sort of judgement, as I didnt know much about him before he signed

We also brought in bell.

Back