• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

We don’t HAVE to wait until the last knockings of the window to make a signing you know?…. There is this crazy, radical idea that a club could sign players earlier so that they can be integrated earlier and maybe even play some games in January.
Or an even crazier radical idea, get the right player rather than buy early for the sake of it. Look at last January when we got the right players. And if it's as simple to buy players early as you seem to think it is, why do so many signings happen in the last few days of the window for all teams.

Or an even crazier radical idea, get the right player rather than buy early for the sake of it. Look at last January when we got the right players. And if it's as simple to buy players early as you seem to think it is, why do so many signings happen in the last few days of the window for all teams.
That is all that matters
The right players

Conte's not even playing his players from June yet. That's not a criticism. Just that signings are with the perspective of 3-7 years, not a couple of weeks

Conte's not even playing his players from June yet. That's not a criticism. Just that signings are with the perspective of 3-7 years, not a couple of weeks
Ha ha 3 to 7 years? So Bissouma for example will be ready for season 2024/25. Good to know.

Seems that Porro and Zaniolo are the players he wants…. Both are available.

Seems that Porro and Zaniolo are the players he wants…. Both are available.
Yes, Porro is available at the buy out price. Pay the buy out price and we pay that in one lump sum and it impacts the rest of our dealings.
For someone that comes across as really financial astute you are very quick to ignore the parts that don't suit your argument.

None of Richarlison, Bissouma, Spence, Lenglet, Forster or Udogie start. So of our 7 summer signings, only Perisic is really fully integrated.
Richarlison plays when he is fit, either starting or from the bench.
Bissouma, Conte did say earlier in the season he wasn't ready, but he's playing now.
Spence. Conte has said he's one for the future.
Lenglet is in rotation with Davies.
Forster is a backup keeper who ideally shoud not be playing.
Udogie is on loan.

So out of 7 summer signings, one is on loan, one is not ready, one if a backup keeper and 4 are getting game time in rotation or when they are fit.

I think @Gutter Boy 's point is fair. We failed to strengthen the first team in the summer. We have a much better squad, but really fell down strengthening the defense. Failing to sign Bastoni and getting Lenglet hasn't worked out so far.

Bastoni did not wanna leave TBF and likely we might get him eventually

I can see the logic. But we needed a presence and some quality at the back. Botmann was a great signing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We went all in for Bastoni, it didn’t come off. First part of the season we played defensively sitting in and protecting the defence. Since we’ve tried to play more on the front foot but that lack of command in defence is being exposed almost every game.

We went all in on him, was a chance he was coming then he went loyal, but talk is it will happen

Rather wait for those that work than panic into those that dont
I agree we should focus on quality now
I’ve said it multiple times today that it’s 2 signings to make the difference in the summer after our January business is done

Richarlison plays when he is fit, either starting or from the bench.
Bissouma, Conte did say earlier in the season he wasn't ready, but he's playing now.
Spence. Conte has said he's one for the future.
Lenglet is in rotation with Davies.
Forster is a backup keeper who ideally shoud not be playing.
Udogie is on loan.

So out of 7 summer signings, one is on loan, one is not ready, one if a backup keeper and 4 are getting game time in rotation or when they are fit.

It's all on the fringe, for whatever reason. I'm just saying that whoever we bring in this window is mostly likely going to have effectively a 4 month pre-season for next year, rather than be a major asset for the run in. Conte, like Poch and others, just likes time to embed players.

Zaniolo for one has been injured for the majority of the past 3 years, so is going to take a while to get him up to any sort of speed

I can see the logic. But we needed a presence and some quality at the back. Botmann was a great signing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We went all in for Bastoni, it didn’t come off. First part of the season we played defensively sitting in and protecting the defence. Since we’ve tried to play more on the front foot but that lack of command in defence is being exposed almost every game.

I agree and what other clubs have done better than us is buying better, not more expensive, which is why I keep saying, its not about money its about buying smart.

We did it for ages, as frustrating as the flipping of young talent was, we were great at it, it was when we went big on crap we faltered

It's all on the fringe, for whatever reason. I'm just saying that whoever we bring in this window is mostly likely going to have effectively a 4 month pre-season for next year, rather than be a major asset for the run in. Conte, like Poch and others, just likes time to embed players.

Zaniolo for one has been injured for the majority of the past 3 years, so is going to take a while to get him up to any sort of speed
Zaniolo has played 17 games this season. His fitness is fine

Back