• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Brighton's scouting is incredible isn't it. Mitoma and Ferguson look like the next Son and Kane, and they cost £2.5m combined.
Ferguson was fairly well-known in Irish football circles, though I am surprised myself how quickly he has adapted to PL football. I probably shouldn't as he has always been an overachiever. Still early days for him of course, but his trajectory looks good.

If Kane moves on I would like to see us test Brigton's resolve with a bid for him.

Last edited:
Ferguson was fairly well-known in Irish football circles, though I am surprised myself how quickly he has adapted to PL football. I probably shouldn't as he has always been an overachiever. Still early days for him of course, but his trajectory looks good.

If Kane moves on I would like to see us test Brigton's resolve with a bid for him.
Fully fully agree
He has all the physical side now and his playing side looks like it will just get better and better

What price do you think they'd want and would we be prepared to pay that?
I think the club any well look at lankshear coming through plus Scarlett as options for the medium term
I’d guess £50m would get Ferguson which is crazy but may be the number
He has great qualities already

I think the club any well look at lankshear coming through plus Scarlett as options for the medium term
I’d guess £50m would get Ferguson which is crazy but may be the number
He has great qualities already
I hope not, as it’s extremely unlikely either will be top 4 standard PL forwards.

How many PL clubs have already signed/loaned players in this January? Are we pretty much alone in not trying to strengthen or in a similar situation to most other PL clubs?

Ferguson looks really good and only 18. Hadn't heard much about him, all the hype was around Parrott for the last few years.
Wouldn't mind us taking a gamble on him but 50m looks a bit steep.

Last edited:
5 teams have signed nobody and 6 have signed one (only one of those looks a good signing). Will be the normal rush at the end, oh wait, it's only us that signs players late.
So 9 teams have signed multiple players? 6 have signed one player and we’re amongst only 5 teams to have signed nobody so far?

So 9 teams have signed multiple players? 6 have signed one player and we’re amongst only 5 teams to have signed nobody so far?
For most of those signings they are cheap or loan signings that if we did them it would lead to just as much moaning. Even Utds two signings are two loans deals.

For most of those signings they are cheap or loan signings that if we did them it would lead to just as much moaning. Even Utds two signings are two loans deals.
So that’s a ‘yes’ then…. We’re one of only 5 clubs to have signed nobody yet. Who are the other 4?

Google is your friend. City is the only one I can remember. What I can remember is that there's still roughly a quarter of the window left.
We don’t HAVE to wait until the last knockings of the window to make a signing you know?…. There is this crazy, radical idea that a club could sign players earlier so that they can be integrated earlier and maybe even play some games in January.

Back