• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Definitely not an out of car window Transfer Thread

Goals - Not many for someone who is rated as well as him.
Proven ability - i suppose, but some may say Royale has proven ability.
International experience - So has Parrot to be fair.
I just don’t think spending money on someone like that is going to be the sensible thing to do whilst blocking another academy player from trying to progress. If Sarr was free then i can see it but i don’t think he is worth getting if money is involved.
Wouldn’t say blocking a player that right now looks nowhere near ready is a negative
Sarr is a 1 goal every 3 1/2 games for a poor side. He also has assists to his name
Also scored goals and assist for 2 years in the prem
His fee would be a bargain in reality

Goals - Not many for someone who is rated as well as him.
Proven ability - i suppose, but some may say Royale has proven ability.
International experience - So has Parrot to be fair.
I just don’t think spending money on someone like that is going to be the sensible thing to do whilst blocking another academy player from trying to progress. If Sarr was free then i can see it but i don’t think he is worth getting if money is involved.

Moura cost us £25m when he came in 5 years ago as our 5th/6th choice DESK back-up (along with Lamela). It would be a similar type signing.

I don't want Maguire but I think there was a debate somewhere here recently about not being able to afford him.. Just seen today he was linked with a move to Villa!

Lots of rumbling that we have to sell to make space for any signings again..

I can't see many bids flying around for our fringe players... Spence could easily get a loan I would assume but I haven't seen any news of interest in Royal, Tanganga, Sanchez etc.
I assume if Moura is leaving in the summer we could cut him loose early to free up a space and let him go back to Brazil early

I think we could probably find loan deals for Royal and Tanganga, and possibly Sanchez too. They're not on crazy wages at all...just need to find a team with enough injuries etc at the back

I don't want Maguire but I think there was a debate somewhere here recently about not being able to afford him.. Just seen today he was linked with a move to Villa!

I think he'll move back to Sheffield United in the summer. He still lives here.

I thought he was poor yesterday, zero end product.

Poor? Really?

I will agree that he wasn't great, things didn't come off for him like it did in that second half against Palace. But I thought he looked useful. Some good involvements, some not so good. Always wanted the ball, very tidy on the ball. Looks for good options.

In a team with a lot of first choice players missing I thought he was fine, promising.

Then again, I thought he was alright in the first half against Palace. Perhaps we have different standards for the words we use.

Wouldn’t say blocking a player that right now looks nowhere near ready is a negative
Sarr is a 1 goal every 3 1/2 games for a poor side. He also has assists to his name
Also scored goals and assist for 2 years in the prem
His fee would be a bargain in reality

Watford haven't been a poor side in the Championship have they?

Never scored more than 5 goals in a PL season. Those seasons were for a poor team, and he was playing wide. But he's far from proven at the kind of level we're at. Good assist numbers though.

I think he would be a useful option. He's a good player. Just not sure he has the potential to really step up to the highest level.

Think we should be looking for either
-A here and now, most likely immediate impact option player. Fits the system, doesn't have to be great, must be fairly low cost.
-Someone with real potential to reach the highest level.

Depending on cost I think he could fit into the first category. With at least some possibility of really stepping up as a bonus. But given that the cost won't be small at least. He could help bring Watford back to the PL so I doubt they'll let him leave easily. Depends what the other options are, can't take know that.

Well its been telegraphed long enough that he could move so dont blame others for looking at him!!

Or could just be Sporting trying to get us to get a move on

A player would have to be nuts to go to Chelsea now (unless it's for nothing but wages, in which case we were never competing anyway)

- Out of both domestic cups, in the form they are in, probably CL next
- Manager under huge pressure, likely to be gone by time the window closes
- New owners that no one knows what they will do.
- Highly unlikely to have CL next season

P.S. @Finney Is Back you still haven't replied about how/why our scouting team are seen as a joke in youth circles (or something to that effect; you posted it a few days ago and still haven't replied to a question i had about your post)?

Some yada in the DM about us possibly being interested in Brighton's Trossard.

No doubt some guff put out their by his agent to assist in new contract negotiations haha

Watford haven't been a poor side in the Championship have they?

Never scored more than 5 goals in a PL season. Those seasons were for a poor team, and he was playing wide. But he's far from proven at the kind of level we're at. Good assist numbers though.

I think he would be a useful option. He's a good player. Just not sure he has the potential to really step up to the highest level.

Think we should be looking for either
-A here and now, most likely immediate impact option player. Fits the system, doesn't have to be great, must be fairly low cost.
-Someone with real potential to reach the highest level.

Depending on cost I think he could fit into the first category. With at least some possibility of really stepping up as a bonus. But given that the cost won't be small at least. He could help bring Watford back to the PL so I doubt they'll let him leave easily. Depends what the other options are, can't take know that.
Poor in the prem
He played 2 years for them in the prem and was the standout player
50 games in the prem
10 goals and 6 assists
And Watford were brick remember

Back