• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I saw the first half on TV; i must say Rose really makes such a difference to our defensive stability on our left flank. A few good forward runs as well.
Loved the eventual clean sheet and i'd imagine Rose was instrumental in achieving that.

Davies has a lot to do to get back in for now imo..

I saw the first half on TV; i must say Rose really makes such a difference to our defensive stability on our left flank. A few good forward runs as well.
Loved the eventual clean sheet and i'd imagine Rose was instrumental in achieving that.
Davies has a lot to do to get back in for now imo..

Davies was never in to start with... he's doesn't even start to compete with Rose's right leg.

I thought it was a fairly standard Rose performance - he consistently plays to that level, imv, and that's why he's one of our best players

Maybe I was just more impressed as I was there to see the game. Maybe it was just because we've missed him the last few games. Whatever, it's good to have him back & if he can keep performing at that level then that would be fantastic. :)

Do you still thank that? Personally I think there is a chasm between the two players

Absolutely do, watching the highlights last night he again let a player come from behind him and get infront of Vertonghen.. which they were inches away from scoring. He switches off. Kone header I believe

I think both are of similar quality albeit it not top quality needed.

I thought it was a fairly standard Rose performance - he consistently plays to that level, imv, and that's why he's one of our best players
Absolutely, was my thinking also - didn't see him perform any differently to how he did for most of last season. Easily one of our best and most consistent players....

I just think Rose is a far better tackler than Davies.

I'm not sure about Davies, needs to up his game considerably.

Absolutely do, watching the highlights last night he again let a player come from behind him and get infront of Vertonghen.. which they were inches away from scoring. He switches off. Kone header I believe

I think both are of similar quality albeit it not top quality needed.

I know you like Davies. I have no problem with that; but to try to drag Rose down to his level is a bit low, especially making up a non-event to attempt to prove your point. Kone's header was certainly no fault of Rose; Kone had move into the centre of the box and indeed if you see a replay it is Vertonghen who is jumping with him.

Football is a game of opinions but to think that Rose and Davies are anywhere on the same planet is simply mind boggling. Rose craps all over Davies in every aspect and I shudder to think what would have happened yesterday if the Welshman was playing yesterday. Everton bombarded every high ball towards their right all first half and not once was Rose caught out - unlike Davies last week.

As for him not being of the top quality needed... again simply crazy. If it were not for Kane's super human season, Rose would have won player of the year last year. We are a funny lot; we big up average or mediocre players like Lamela and then hack at the knees of one of the few players we have who is genuinely top 4 quality

Rose has improved a lot but both he and Walker still lack the ability to deliver quality balls into the box, better balls in field and forward from wide areas. In Pochs system they need to be better at this because they are most of the time the only ones providing the width.

at southampton Poch had Clyne and Shaw who provided a lot of quality passes and crosses

Enjoyed seeing him back yesterday, really showed how fragile Davies is in the tackle and getting beaten by the wide men IMO.

Davies has a better cross, Rose still loses it too much for me in attack. But Rose for me, safety first.

I agree with that, Rose has surprised how he has improved but he has done so and good for him. I still think he is a red card waiting to happen but he played well yesterday.

I know you like Davies. I have no problem with that; but to try to drag Rose down to his level is a bit low, especially making up a non-event to attempt to prove your point. Kone's header was certainly no fault of Rose; Kone had move into the centre of the box and indeed if you see a replay it is Vertonghen who is jumping with him.

Football is a game of opinions but to think that Rose and Davies are anywhere on the same planet is simply mind boggling. Rose craps all over Davies in every aspect and I shudder to think what would have happened yesterday if the Welshman was playing yesterday. Everton bombarded every high ball towards their right all first half and not once was Rose caught out - unlike Davies last week.

As for him not being of the top quality needed... again simply crazy. If it were not for Kane's super human season, Rose would have won player of the year last year. We are a funny lot; we big up average or mediocre players like Lamela and then hack at the knees of one of the few players we have who is genuinely top 4 quality

I agree with what you have said. I think Rose has shown that he is better defensively. The bit that I think Rose needs to work on is for better balls into the box and offering more width, but that's an evolution once the team has more confidence. We have to realise that we played really well yesterday were it not for better finishing. If we put in those type of performances with Mason, Chadli, and Kane being better finishers, we would be a very dangerous team.

Rose has improved a lot but both he and Walker still lack the ability to deliver quality balls into the box, better balls in field and forward from wide areas. In Pochs system they need to be better at this because they are most of the time the only ones providing the width.

at southampton Poch had Clyne and Shaw who provided a lot of quality passes and crosses

I agree with you in terms of Walker but Rose produced some very tasty crosses last season...

Back