• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

If, let's say you want to keep the R rate below 1, are they (should they be) able to quantify each lockdown relaxation measures contribution to this rate?

Eg pubs 0.2 restaurant 0.1 beach 0.1 cinema 0.1 office working 0.2 etc.

We must have data from the partial reopening before summer hols and many European countries that had gone back full time?

Now it's not hard to prioritise what's important and what isn't so if schools opening equals 0.2 you just shut the bars and pubs again?

The benefits of kids back at school are numerous, having a pint, although a British tradition, can wait.

The WHO have been a cluster fudge which is. Worry as people seem to use them as a high standard, for me been anything but

BTW ...the oracle on all things covid (my tiler:D) reckons continental Europe back on second lockdown from 18th Sept.

Is he one of those people in a semi skilled job who looks down their noses at people who watch soap operas and football in the evening while he reads books, now internet forums. As good powers of memory recall and sprouts of facts and stats like they are things he has worked out himself.

I was a dry liner and threw out a chippys radio out of a first floor window in a block of flats because he was boring me off about something he heard on a radio discussion show.

Anyone who listens to radio talk shows should have their ears cut of and rammed down their fcuking throats.

Is he one of those people in a semi skilled job who looks down their noses at people who watch soap operas and football in the evening while he reads books, now internet forums. As good powers of memory recall and sprouts of facts and stats like they are things he has worked out himself.

I was a dry liner and threw out a chippys radio out of a first floor window in a block of flats because he was boring me off about something he heard on a radio discussion show.

Anyone who listens to radio talk shows should have their ears cut of and rammed down their fcuking throats.

:D:D:D

Boris's work is not done until 1 January 2021. He'll be more dispensable to the Tory party after that and can step back on covid-related health grounds.

Re schools, I see guidance about how to deal with pupils if one tests positive has just been issued now, days before the start of term.
When you are saying that getting kids back to school is the number one priority, it seems kind of obvious that one of the first things you would have clear guidance on early in the process is how to deal with this scenario.

It seems obvious, too, that you’d let schools get back while encouraging those who work from home to continue to do so for a while longer. Starting it all at once will make it very difficult to work out where transmission is most frequent (On public transport? At the office? In shops? In schools?) and could quickly endanger schools being able to remain open, especially as cases continue to tick up.

But this government don’t do obvious - especially when their donors are losing millions.

Treasury officials push for bombshell tax hikes to pay for virus
Historic tax grab will see treasury push for a raid on capital gains, pensions, internet sales, fuel and inheritance

here comes the pay back.

Treasury officials push for bombshell tax hikes to pay for virus
Historic tax grab will see treasury push for a raid on capital gains, pensions, internet sales, fuel and inheritance

here comes the pay back.
So there's an economy that needs restarting and the govt propose to increase two of the taxes that hit entrepreneurs hardest?

I assume this isn't coming from Sunak - he's smarter than that.

So there's an economy that needs restarting and the govt propose to increase two of the taxes that hit entrepreneurs hardest?

I assume this isn't coming from Sunak - he's smarter than that.

It’s come from above, which is a shame as I though Sunak had more about him, he would also have the public onside - If he walked over it Johnson Would be damaged even more at a time he’s hanging on.

Im certain a WFH tax is coming in at some point.

You lot are expecting way too much from Sunak. I don't think he is incapable, it's just that he is young and doesn't have that much autonomy yet. Obviously I dislike him as I dislike all Tories. But he has been reasonably impressive so far.

It’s come from above, which is a shame as I though Sunak had more about him, he would also have the public onside - If he walked over it Johnson Would be damaged even more at a time he’s hanging on.

Im certain a WFH tax is coming in at some point.

Does what Cummings tells him, like the rest.

Back