• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Seems like the USA officially don't care/have given up on the Corona virus, with the latest recommendations from the CDC.
20200826_111136.jpg

think they are just putting it into people’s own hands, it has to at some point

That has to be the eventual outcome, get enough facts and say to people these are your choices, go free or dont but be aware if you dont there are enough unemployed who will do the jobs should you choose not to

So we got an interesting email today - we have to wear masks inside the office all day if we wish not to work from home.

anyone else had this? Is this offices trying to encourage people not to come back in?

Last edited:
So we got an interesting email today - we have to wear masks inside the office all day if we wish not to work from home.

anyone else had this? Is this offices trying to encourage people not to come back in?

I'd say your employer is simply being sensible. It'll be manadatory in the UK in a few weeks in offices and schools. Other countries are already doing it - we're just a few weeks behind, as we have been since January.

I'd say your employer is simply being sensible. It'll be manadatory in the UK in a few weeks in offices and schools. Other countries are already doing it - we're just a few weeks behind, as we have been since January.

There is no need for offices to be mandatory given there is social distancing and limited numbers already.

Schools I believe is in public areas.

Our office is not open yet but as and when it does (and working from the office will be voluntary and limited in numbers) a mask will have to be worn all the time apart from when you are sitting at your desk. But if you want to to the kitchen, the toilets, the printer etc. masks have to be worn.
Assuming workstation occupancy is configured to conform to social distancing requirements it's hard to see why a mask would need to be worn at your desk.

There is no need for offices to be mandatory given there is social distancing and limited numbers already.

Schools I believe is in public areas.

Our office is not open yet but as and when it does (and working from the office will be voluntary and limited in numbers) a mask will have to be worn all the time apart from when you are sitting at your desk. But if you want to to the kitchen, the toilets, the printer etc. masks have to be worn.
Assuming workstation occupancy is configured to conform to social distancing requirements it's hard to see why a mask would need to be worn at your desk.

There are quite a few studies to show that two metre distancing is ineffective if you have a particular air-flow in an enclosed space. I have seen one based on a restaurant and another on an office; in both, people were infected despite being well beyond two metres of the infected person. Masks would add another layer of protection in these types of environments.

Also, if an infected person in an office sneezes or coughs, the virus could carry way beyond two metres if no mask is worn. Wearing a mask won’t stop the spread in this circumstance, but it will limit it, especially if others are also wearing masks.

With infection rates up by 50% over the last 24 hours in the UK, I’ve got little doubt that masks will be mandatory in all sorts of new places by October. (I see France have today made them mandatory outside on the streets of Paris, such are the increasing rates of infection there.)

We’ll firstly have to go through a few weeks of the English government telling us there’s no way it will happen, of course.

Im not sure I get the logic. it’s going to put people off going in - which is not what we need.

You know everyone in the office/traceable which I believe (logically) is why they are on buses

Im not sure I get the logic. it’s going to put people off going in - which is not what we need.

You know everyone in the office/traceable which I believe (logically) is why they are on buses

Surely it’s preferable to try to stop people becoming infected as opposed to tracing them to tell them that they are?

There are quite a few studies to show that two metre distancing is ineffective if you have a particular air-flow in an enclosed space. I have seen one based on a restaurant and another on an office; in both, people were infected despite being well beyond two metres of the infected person. Masks would add another layer of protection in these types of environments.

Also, if an infected person in an office sneezes or coughs, the virus could carry way beyond two metres if no mask is worn. Wearing a mask won’t stop the spread in this circumstance, but it will limit it, especially if others are also wearing masks.

With infection rates up by 50% over the last 24 hours in the UK, I’ve got little doubt that masks will be mandatory in all sorts of new places by October. (I see France have today made them mandatory outside on the streets of Paris, such are the increasing rates of infection there.)

We’ll firstly have to go through a few weeks of the English government telling us there’s no way it will happen, of course.

Not particularly speaking about this instance, but now a days studies seem to be like the Bible in that you can find one to justify anything.

we’ve been back in the office in 3 separate teams since the start of June, we get our temp checked as we go in and have to wear a mask when walking around, but not whilst at our desks.

Surely it’s preferable to try to stop people becoming infected as opposed to tracing them to tell them that they are?

sure, but are we going to do this for everything now? Even in low risk areas?

Offices are meant to have been set up for distancing ?

temp check on way in seems sensible.

People won’t come back to offices

This is the Who advice as of 2019 - not a mention of a lockdown in sight

Attachments

• 31ED2A58-0B7E-41D1-B5FE-8763DECAD982.jpeg
    31ED2A58-0B7E-41D1-B5FE-8763DECAD982.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back